Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    They are always working on the next expansion, and guess what? they are working on the expansion after that as well.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Enjoy Broken shore 2.0 for next 12 months.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

I totally love Argus, but I also don't think it can last one year. On Gamescom Ion said that Antorus is the last big raid, which I think doesn't exclude the possibility for mini raids like ToV, but that's speculation. What he also said is that there will be more content after Argus, so we will have to see. They have been releasing content at regular intervals since Legion launched, I doubt that will suddenly stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    What do you mean September 2018? The next expansion will be out in November 2018 at the earliest. If they announce it at Blizzcon this year, it will at least be a year until release. Enjoy 15 months of Argus. This seems to be the standard now.
    15 months? Where do you get that? I really must know, did you get it from the guy that told you that they were going to announce the expansion at Gamescom?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    June 2018*

Not september.
    There is not a chance Blizzard releases it during summertime.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    There is not a chance Blizzard releases it during summertime.
    They released Legion during Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Don't be silly...

That doesn't sound entertaining at all... that's like saying watching a movie would be entertaining if they just sent you the ending in the mail.
    Well, having players such as you giving input into game design is like asking the fiat punto driver to design a formula one car. You can do that but the end result will be next to useless.
    You simply aren't good enough at the game to know what is needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    They released Legion during Summer.
    Oh here we go with the "technically speaking summer on X date" stuff. August 30 is when most kids go to school again (or they are already). According to the Meteorological summer August 31st is the last day so "hurray" you're right. Doesn't change the idea no company releases an Expansion in June if they want to maximise income (new players, returning players) since most will be on holiday. Closer to the end of the year has shown to be more profitable since people spend more time inside and will "gift" games and other things as you near the end of the year (Christmas for example).
    I could've known someone would throw it in this thread just to make a point.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Deleted
    September 2018? How positive you are! Before December 2018 there won't be any launch. 7.3.5 in november december 2017 and 8.0 during the end of october 2018.

How will Argus last until them? With very few subs. Thats it.

This thread assumes the 12 months though. But that's just an assumption.

They cut off development of WoD because they thought they could have Legion release-ready half a year after 6.2. This didn't turn out to be the case. Not by a long shot. But during Legion, Blizzard has shown remarkable new ability to get content done quick. If that new pattern holds, we may not be waiting for the next expansion as long as in the past.

7.3.5 will bring us some goodies, and the raid. Their goal seems to be to have 6 months between raid tiers. So we'd be looking at 9 months of Argus. But there's likely to be at least a month of delay, so I'm going with 10.

Can Argus entertain us for as long as other final patch zones? Well, it seems bigger than Tanaan and Timeless Isle. It has a dungeon. Farmable stuff that's worth-while. And Blizz has promised more story.

So yeah, no one likes having to wait till the next expansion. But I believe Blizzard's new and improved approach to when they release content, and how much, should make it more bearable than it has been in the past. If you stuck around for Tanaan and Timeless Isle, I see no reason why you wouldn't stick around for Argus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Oh here we go with the "technically speaking summer on X date" stuff. August 30 is when most kids go to school again (or they are already). According to the Meteorological summer August 31st is the last day so "hurray" you're right. Doesn't change the idea no company releases an Expansion in June if they want to maximise income (new players, returning players) since most will be on holiday. Closer to the end of the year has shown to be more profitable since people spend more time inside and will "gift" games and other things as you near the end of the year (Christmas for example).
    I could've known someone would throw it in this thread just to make a point.
    It's Summer. You said Summer. You are wrong. If you mean "time in which most kids are on holiday", then you should've said that. Summer is 3 months. Holidays, at least where I live, is only half that time. Either way, saying "Blizzard wouldn't do this" has never been a smart thing. Things like that have been proven wrong several times. Blizzard has said in the past that they don't plan release dates like this. They release things as early as possible.

Honestly, even if there were another drought I'd be fine with it. Give me enough time to finish collecting crap in Legion and possibly even older content now that the Wardrobe is a thing, and to play other games without worrying about time-exclusive content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    This thread assumes the 12 months though. But that's just an assumption.

They cut off development of WoD because they thought they could have Legion release-ready half a year after 6.2. This didn't turn out to be the case. Not by a long shot. But during Legion, Blizzard has shown remarkable new ability to get content done quick. If that new pattern holds, we may not be waiting for the next expansion as long as in the past.

7.3.5 will bring us some goodies, and the raid. Their goal seems to be to have 6 months between raid tiers. So we'd be looking at 9 months of Argus. But there's likely to be at least a month of delay, so I'm going with 10.

Can Argus entertain us for as long as other final patch zones? Well, it seems bigger than Tanaan and Timeless Isle. It has a dungeon. Farmable stuff that's worth-while. And Blizz has promised more story.

So yeah, no one likes having to wait till the next expansion. But I believe Blizzard's new and improved approach to when they release content, and how much, should make it more bearable than it has been in the past. If you stuck around for Tanaan and Timeless Isle, I see no reason why you wouldn't stick around for Argus.
    It doesnt matter how long content lasts. I know it isnt what people want to hear. We had threads in august 15 speculation about a legion release in feb/march 16 because WOD was such a big failure. Well.... if anyone saw the alpha state in march 16, a lot of stuff wasnt implemented, bugs allover and so on. The game needed 9 months of alpha/beta to be ready. And still like always, a lot of stuff was still rushed. Many talents were stupid, gameplay was a mess for many specs, legendaries had very poor balancing with some being 15 or 20% dps gain...

I'm wondering if their front ending content and giving us too much too early will bite them in the ass when we reach the end of legion and they take the requisite 10+month break with no major content. I mean I guess it always has anyway, but they definitely couldve held off a few weeks on some of these patches. And now since we get the world content before the raid, this means that: we will either have Antorus for a shorter than usual time, or we will have Argus as the "it-location" for an even longer period of time.

I think we will see a 7.4 with a scenario quest or something leading into 8.0. I'll be surprised if it passes as substantial content (like timeless isle)

Judging by the non-raid content from Argus, I can't believe it will go like this for a year.

I suppose they will come up with something like, unlock flying for Argus, another WQ hub, new weapon trait, I will even dare to say free to play.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Argus is most certainly the final zone this expansion. There may be a patch with a few extra quests like 6.2.3, but for all intents and purposes, the major non-raid content is over.

Blizzard has also mentioned that Legion is going to be one of their longer expansions, so it is not unreasonable to assume that this expansion will last at least 2 years, well into September 2018.

So the real question is, how will Argus content last for over a year until at least September 2018? The unpalatable zone and gating highly discourages completing the zone again with alts, which loses a lot of replayability value of the zone. Which means that players will most likely be done with the content in a matter of weeks. Yet there is most likely still over 12 months of Argus left.

What secret weapon could Blizzard possibly have in store for the next 12 months?
    Who said we’re gunna have to wait that long o/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    Who said we’re gunna have to wait that long o/
    We had many expansions and ALL of them had the same issue. An expansion takes time. Thats why many ecpect the expansion in nov 18.

Thats about the timeframe legion, WOD, MOP etc. needed.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-09-10 at 12:43 PM.

If Argus (+ new raid) is everything until 2018, the game is in very deep trouble.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Just for example the speculation about legion release directly after announcement:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...se+speculation

Optimists predicted feb 16, most were march/april 16, pessismists were may 16. Noone predicted it 2 days before septembre starts...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If Argus (+ new raid) is everything until 2018, the game is in very deep trouble.
    Well like always...

It'll last me just fine, but then I actually enjoy playing this game.

If it won't keep you busy, then just do something else. Don't act like WoW is obligated to keep you busy 100% of your gaming time if you don't care for what it offers...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-09-10 at 12:57 PM.