Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Would you Allow Yourself to be Enslaved by an Advanced Species?

Cows are essentially slaves to human beings. The meaning of their lives is to either give milk or be eaten. It is true that some cows live in horrible conditions; however, kobe beef cows live a pretty good life. Kobe beef cows get large pastures to roam instead of being constantly confined to a stall, they get to enjoy a top notch diet for cows, daily massages, and they even get several beers a day on the house. Even though they end up as food, kobe beef cows lives a pretty good life.

So, say something similar happened to humans. Say either an advanced alien race or hyper intelligent AI took over the world and gave you the choice to be a slave for them and live an awesome life, or reject slavery and fight back.

In short, if aliens or AI offered you your idealized life in exchange for your enslavement, then which would you choose?

Last edited by nanook12; 2017-09-10 at 05:02 PM.

Deleted
    I choose freedom. If I'm a slave I need to be worth something to them, which will either be labour, sexual favours or be eaten. If that's my fate, no thanks.
    Last edited by mmoc0f15686ca4; 2017-09-10 at 05:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year
    There would be an "Humans Lives Matter" protest burning down their cities in seconds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would an advanced race that is able to warp across the stars even need slaves?

Robots would be much more efficient.
    They also last longer.

Formerly known as Arafal

Im hoping we would all fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Why would an advanced race that is able to warp across the stars even need slaves?

Robots would be much more efficient.
    They also last longer.
    Because we are entertaining hypothetical situation here for fun to try to figure out stuff about human beings.

7+ Year Old Account
    No
    {10char}

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    Im hoping we would all fight back.
    I donno brah. If I was given the idealized life in exchange for my labor or as alien food at the end of my life, then I may just go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Euron Greyjoy View Post
    I choose freedom. If I'm a slave I need to be worth something to them, which will either be labour, sexual favours or be eaten. If that's my faith, no thanks.
    What if they're beautiful alien sex-queens who need our earthling sperm transferred into their advanced space vaginas through rigorous sex?

Sure why not. No more BLM, Antifa, and we can work again, together, as a species for once over such petty squabbles.

Deleted
    I've seen enough enslavement in hentai to know to answer yes

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    I donno brah. If I was given the idealized life in exchange for my labor or as food at the end of my life, then I may just with it.
    I guess I just dont really like the idea of my species ending up on the dinner plate.

Rek em' or extinction it is for me.. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    What if they're beautiful alien sex-queens who need our earthling sperm transferred into their advanced space vaginas through rigorous sex?
    This is when this topic became interesting. Under these conditions... I would still demand them to become 2D and I would be theirs to command!

7+ Year Old Account
    By using aliens and AI I am trying to ease into the controversial idea that slavery may not be such a terrible thing under certain conditions. There is an exception to every rule.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where I'm from that would be met with "resistance" The real kind.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    sign me up !!

Deleted
    What good would that do me as a straight female?

Deleted
    what sort of dumb question is this.

do you think cows are sitting around thinking wow i wish i did not let the humans take me...

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    By using aliens and AI I am trying to ease into the controversial idea that slavery may not be such a terrible thing under certain conditions. There is an exception to every rule.
    You may want to revise your question, then, as I don't think anyone would want to be enslaved by an unknown alien race with the promise they'd have "an awesome life". You akin an 'awesome life' to luxury beef cows; I don't think anyone wants a life like that.

Slavery may not be "such a terrible thing" if the masters are kind enough to the slaves, but the central component of slavery is always oppression. A slave gives more to the person that enslaves them than they get back, otherwise it'd just be a mutually beneficial relationship. Obviously most people will never want to give more to someone else than they get themselves, so the other half of the oppression component is that slavery is forced.

I get your question, but you probably should edit the question down to "Aliens invade earth and all world governments submit to them, they enslave humans for some reason, you have the choice to live comfortably as a slave but with xxx rights stripped from you, or you can live a hard and dangerous life as part of a combat resistance". Nix the comparison to beef cows, unless your hypothetical question involves humans being farmed for food or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean. the first thing that'd probably happen when they try to enslave us would be to become sickened with disease from contacting a environment they're not accustomed with, unless of course they have environmental-suits for that purpose.

Then there's the situation that we have weapons they probably have never faced before. Maybe their planets don't contain lead, gunpowder or the sufficient materials for polymer, so combustion-based firearms are foreign to them. What if they, while a space-faring race, haven't made the discovery of harnessing the potential energy of the atom and by proxy the nuclear bomb? What if our planet doesn't have a necessary resource they need to survive, and we use that to our advantage to strike back against them?

I highly doubt we as a race would face immediate defeat by the aliens to become subjugated, it's a lot more complex than that.

But let's say we do become overwhelmed and captured; I feel like I'd rather die than become a slave.
    * do you want to have a bad time?