Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think it's a sad state of affairs when we have so many people who are just apathetic to some of these things. I get it, you don't really care. It doesn't affect you, you don't think its a big deal - thats fine. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and way of life. I just think it's depressing with all this utter lack of empathy towards those that do care. Nigger is a loaded word that has a horrible, horrible history. There are people alive today who had to live in a society where most people around them used that word in a derogatory way towards them.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Who is they rap fans?

Yeah again that is not everyone or condoning it.
    You spend money on music you don't want to hear or condone the message of? Because misogynistic and racist rap music is insanely popular and profitable. It must be condoned in order for it to be as popular as it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I think it's a sad state of affairs when we have so many people who are just apathetic to some of these things. I get it, you don't really care. It doesn't affect you, you don't think its a big deal - thats fine. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and way of life. I just think it's depressing with all this utter lack of empathy towards those that do care. Nigger is a loaded word that has a horrible, horrible history. There are people alive today who had to live in a society where most people around them used that word in a derogatory way towards them.
    Black people are fully capable human beings and don't need me to fight their battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    You spend money on music you don't want to hear or condone the message of? Because misogynistic and racist rap music is insanely popular and profitable. It must be condoned in order for it to be as popular as it is.
    No neither are proof that black people control this or have any power over this. You're singularly targeting a group based on race to defend someone who said the word thus condoning it.

And for the record I don't condone Justin Bieber and I didn't purchase his fucking albums either. Yet he's popular too.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-09-11 at 03:13 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    That does not mean that most of his followers, new and old think what he did was ok though.
    There's a lightyears of difference between being an asshole and a douche, and doing something that people think "isn't OK", and being labeled as a racist. Anyone finding out only now that Pewds is a douche and that he acts like a douche and does things that "aren't OK" must be completely new to him and YouTube in general. We've known that for like, half a decade now.

But people love being white knights. People love being social justice warriors. And people sure do love their fucking hyperbole. Gather the crowd, light the torches, tie him up, stand around him in a circle and yell BURN THE WITCH! BURN HIM!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    There's a lightyears of difference between being an asshole and a douche, and doing something that people think "isn't OK", and being labeled as a racist. Anyone finding out only now that Pewds is a douche and that he acts like a douche and does things that "aren't OK" must be completely new to him and YouTube in general. We've known that for like, half a decade now.

But people love being white knights. People love being social justice warriors. And people sure do love their fucking hyperbole. Gather the crowd, light the torches, tie him up, stand around him in a circle and yell BURN THE WITCH! BURN HIM!
    And drama whores love to barge in on shit point out the fucking obvious on their soapbox and add to whatever they're bitching about.

Deleted
    And drama whores love to barge in on shit point out the fucking obvious on their soapbox and add to whatever they're bitching about.
    I know, right. I hate those people too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, right. I hate those people too.
    Lmfao. Glad you got it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No neither are proof that black people control this or have any power over this. You're singularly targeting a group based on race to defend someone who said the word thus condoning it.

And for the record I don't condone Justin Bieber and I didn't purchase his fucking albums either. Yet he's popular too.
    They don't have to control it they just have to buy into it; which they do.

Deleted
    Lmfao. Glad you got it.
    Of course I did. I mean, you were, after all, referring to yourself, so it was, indeed, blatantly obvious. But enough about you. This is about Pewds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    They don't have to control it they just have to buy into it; which they do.
    No what you're saying is you are ok with statements about black people as a whole taking responsibility for something which they have no authority while you get a free pass from yourself. You're full of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course I did. I mean, you were, after all, referring to yourself, so it was, indeed, blatantly obvious. But enough about you. This is about Pewds.
    Haha more about a guy you're here to bitch about other people bitching about who's an idiot an idiot along with those paying attention to him like you are. Getting more popcorn.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would say if you get assaulted by someone for using that word you are probably the very definition of that word.
    Are you trying to imply that using the word is worse than someone being a savage and assaulting you?

Jesus Christ.

Here's a tip: one means nothing if you choose to ignore it; the other means you were fucking attacked and received bodily harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'd prefer the word never be used again. Hence, not using the word. Don't be so ridiculous.
    I think most people agree it's an awful word and politically charged with the right context. But how about black people stop using it too? If it's such a derogatory term why normalize it by calling each other the n-word and then causing such a shit storm about it when someone who has zero to do with the slavery spout it out in anger?

Idoitic move by PewDiePie? Yes. But seeing the full context of what he did this has blown way out of proportion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Are you trying to imply that using the word is worse than someone being a savage and assaulting you?
    Jesus Christ.
    Depends on if it happens before or after saying this word.

Deleted
    Why would he even say that word in a fit of rage? It's not even in context. Just pure hatred or frustration towards black people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Depends on if it happens before or after saying this word.
    No, it doesn't.

If you assault someone because they insulted you, you are a savage and not fit to be set loose on society. You should go to prison.

"Waaaaaah someone was mean to me, I'm going to go punch them because I lack self control." What a child.

There's a lightyears of difference between being an asshole and a douche, and doing something that people think "isn't OK", and being labeled as a racist.
    Though I'd agree with this sentiment, calling somebody a "Fucking nigger" just isn't something that most people would do or say, even in the heat of the moment, as it's just not part of most peoples regular vocabulary. Even most assholes and douches.

I think people are using the fact that it was so easy for him to casually use the term without thinking, and the fact he was using it in a derogatory manner (ie insulting someone by comparing him to a black person) as signifiers that there's something more underlying here than just wanting to be provocative.

It's like if somebody accidentally shortchanged you in a shop so you angrily called them a "thieving fucking yid"; people would, quite understandably, think you had some serious anti-Semitic issues. This is basically the same.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post

Jesus Christ.

Here's a tip: one means nothing if you choose to ignore it; the other means you were fucking attacked and received bodily harm.
    Guess he's never heard of ye Olde saying "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words may never hurt me."

And people wonder why Disney dropped their sponsorship with him.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    so black people are disparaging themselves when they say it?
    No they have the privilege of spamming it, but they claim white people can't use it cuz they don't know how it feels or the real meaning.
    That means black people who know the real weight of that word and how much it hurts, are allowed to use it when speaking to the people it hurts the most.

Biggest racial loophole, they're all bitches looking for a reason to fight and end up in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I don't think he cares.

Fact is, he's gotten more views. More subscribers. All this "negative" attention has just been feeding him. Why would he reject it? You can definitely call it morally questionable but ultimately, he seems to be okay with it as long as business is booming. I personally didn't like him beforehand and certainly don't like him now. I won't however just start slapping labels about the place knowing better.
    I'm just glad that companies, be they large like Disney or smaller like these game devs are just quietly taking things away from people that think these actions are okay. Taking away TV shows, sponsorship, products...