Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't know much about the guy but I hope his fans support him through this nonsense. Libtards and this 'outrage' culture we are living in is beyond ridiculous now. He said a bad word, big fucking deal! I am sure there are worse things going on in the world.

Good for him for saying it, fuck those that get their 'feefees' hurt over a word. I'm going to go subscribe to him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    The fact you think context fucking matter makes you ignorant, it doesn't.
    You Americans and your bandwagons. Do any of the average Americans think on their own?

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I just heard it and all they have to do is watch the vod... Just because someone doesn't hear or see something doesn't make it ok... If you don't personally care your totally free to do that but it was aimed at someone with malicious intent. It wasn't a compliment and it was a dick move. I'm personally done watching any of his videos but to each there own.
    A dick move would be to go grammar nazi on your poor english. What he did was nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You Americans and your bandwagons. Do any of the average Americans think on their own?
    When the moon is full and the night sky clear.

To be fair though? This is just people in general. Especially with the advent of social media. So easy to generate a tumultuous sea of constantly churning shit. I agree with the idea that dumb asses like PewDiePie need to just fuck off and shouldn't have the relevancy that they do but on the other hand am not going to jump on the, "This guy is a total Nazi," train.

I can almost guarantee you a huge part of why he says what he does to begin with is DUE to the reaction and outrage.

the N word is bad, mmkay?

Yeah the long history and the violence behind that word say you are wrong.
    Knives are tools that have behind them a long history of violence and people murdering, maiming and overall hurting other people.
    Do you avoid using them as tools because some people at some point used them with ill intent?

Words are just words. They are tools for communication and expression. They have the meaning we give them, and that is heavily influenced by context and intent, or rather, how we used them. Words aren't racist by themselves. And in this case the context and the intent make it absolutely harmless - especially comming from the mouth of a European that is quite likely to have much blander "feelings" towards the word than most americans.

I mean, he even immediately says he's sorry. It was used as an expletive. It isn't applying judgement or prejudice on anyone. It shouldn't be reason for offense to anyone.

As to the Firewatch dev.. absolutely ridiculous. I could understand they wanting to remove the video with "such language" if he was streaming their game. But no. They didn't have any issue with the videos they want removed, but only with the creator. And it honestly seems they have more of a personal issue with him being popular and making money off youtube than with the controversy itself, tbh.

Ridiculously immature and unprofessional attitude.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2017-09-11 at 04:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Nothing I said was passive aggressive.
    Well like you tried to dictate terms of what is offensive because it was not you, NOW you are trying to dictate this shit too. Life is about risks, and let me clue you in on something maybe you don't fucking know PEOPLE ARE NOT SAFE.

You take a risk and gamble most often times with everyone you meet, me randomly insulting a guy the better person walks away, attacking people assaulting them is not cool or civilized.

But neither is pissing on the third rail, or fucking stepping on people and thinking "Why should I give a fuck" This word is about race, but it doesn't have always be about race, it just happens to be an issue some are well fucking aware, and either through their stupidity or ignorance think it something they are going to reclaim or say because other stupid people do shit.

Well guess what, everybody has their own experiences, I am not going to tell you someone might not attack you for no reason, and I am not going to say you insulting someone is justification for them attacking you.

However what I will not fucking do, is pretend in some alternative world we don't fucking live in there aren't some really sensitive areas you thread lightly if you are a mindful and mature adult, and don't wish to HURT people needlessly even if you don't fucking get it.

The term NIGGER is a fucking word used to degrade an entire race that was made captive and slaves for nearly 300 fucking years, and it was a term that wasn't endearing it denoted ownership in a time where blacks weren't considered human fucking beings.

I don't give a fuck if you have the luxury of not giving a fuck, just like if you don't give a fuck about using that word.

So while I don't agree per say with violence, I am also not going to say I don't understand wanting to fuck someone up or kill someone over that shit. It isn't just some petty insult, and it doesn't matter who says it, you or someone else.

So I guess it comes down to what kind of choice people make, and you are right that person may very well the hell belong in prison, but if they are willing to die over that fucking word, well maybe think about that before you use it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Knives are tools that have behind them a long history of violence and people murdering, maiming and overall hurting other people.
    Do you avoid using them as tools because some people at some point used them with ill intent?

Words are just words. They are tools for communication and expression. They have the meaning we give them, and that is heavily influenced by context and intent, or rather, how we used them. Words aren't racist by themselves. And in this case the context and the intent make it absolutely harmless - especially comming from the mouth of a European that is quite likely to have much blander "feelings" towards the word than most americans.

I mean, he even immediately says he's sorry. It was used as a random curse word / exclamation. It shouldn't be reason for offense to anyone.

As to the Firewatch dev.. absolutely ridiculous. I could understand they wanting to remove the video with "such language" if he was streaming their game. But no. They didn't have any issue with the videos they want removed, but only with the creator. And it honestly seems they have more of a personal issue with him being popular and making money off youtube than with the controversy itself, tbh.

Ridiculously immature and unprofessional attitude.
    No words aren't just words, because if they were you wouldn't need to use that word, and feign ignorance and project what all black people do as a reinforcement. Sylvester Stallone kills communist in countries with the poorest back drops because it's entertainment.

It's a movie people can not go see it, boycott it, but the first amendment guarantees someone's right to say it, and I support that, what I won't do is cosign every idiot that gets it in their head to throw any good fucking sense out the window do whatever the fuck they want and make everybody else accountable for it to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    sayyyyyyy nigger!
    Wop! Wait, shit. Let me try again. Kike! Damn it, I'm bad at this...

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the fact that people get so uptight and offended by a single word immature and ridiculous. Grow the fuck up. How come no one says shit about the word cracker when black people use it? How come there's no controversy about that? It's in movies, TV shows, stand up comedy, it's everywhere and people laugh at it. Oh but watch out don't say nigger it's a forbidden word!

Seriously though tell me why cracker or honkey is ok to say. It's just as offensive as nigger or coon but we as white people are supposed to just let it fly and accept it because years and years ago our ancestors were slave owners. Oh because black people were slaves! Oh so what? So is that saying that white people are eternally obligated to owe the black community by kissing their shoes and laying out a fucking red carpet for them everywhere they walk because their ancestors were slaves once upon a time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    Perhaps if black people didn't say it so often in reference to each other other people wouldn't think it's ok either.
    Perhaps if you would stop trying to use that bullshit as a fucking excuse you wouldn't be called racist as much as you do or at least worry about saying it. It's a free country, I can't stop you from saying shit, but if and when you say it, I am taking no concern over your fate or stupidity to use that fucking word.

And if it's to me and around me, then no I am not going to be OK with it either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    I find the fact that people get so uptight and offended by a single word immature and ridiculous. Grow the fuck up. How come no one says shit about the word cracker when black people use it? How come there's no controversy about that? It's in movies, TV shows, stand up comedy, it's everywhere and people laugh at it. Oh but watch out don't say nigger it's a forbidden word!

Seriously though tell me why cracker or honkey is ok to say. It's just as offensive as nigger or coon but we as white people are supposed to just let it fly and accept it because years and years ago our ancestors were slave owners. Oh because black people were slaves! Oh so what? So is that saying that white people are eternally obligated to owe the black community by kissing their shoes and laying out a fucking red carpet for them everywhere they walk because their ancestors were slaves once upon a time?
    I find the stupidity of people who talk about being uptight about a word, seem to be the last ones that want to take responsibility for using their own language without dragging others in with them.

Bringing up your race as an excuse really pretty much explains everything needing to be known while you disparage another. Yeah your lack of civility when told why you shouldn't say something when it is always people like you asking why it is a big deal.

Or I could be wrong and maybe you don't give a fuck in which case neither do I, so stop bitching and complaining and deal with your consequences, I am not obligated to you either.

Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    nobody told me black people invented a time machine
    Completely agree with you, but that's what they claim, like the people who were born in 2001 actually know what it was like, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

No more like people who know the difference between friends using it in their company with each other and someone else looking. To see if killing them is worth going to prison.

If the word isn't that important why say it. It's because you don't give a fuck so why should they about you.
    Again, completely agree, it's just a word and people get offended over it being used in a different country, nowhere near concerning them at all.

No words aren't just words, because if they were you wouldn't need to use that word, and feign ignorance and project what all black people do as a reinforcement. Sylvester Stallone kills communist in countries with the poorest back drops because it's entertainment.

It's a movie people can not go see it, boycott it, but the first amendment guarantees someone's right to say it, and I support that, what I won't do is cosign every idiot that gets it in their head to throw any good fucking sense out the window do whatever the fuck they want and make everybody else accountable for it to.
    Thing is you don't need to use most words. Especially when it comes to expletives. Expletives aren't needed. Words usage and meanings change over time and from location to location. The fact that it was used for and linked to many bad things in the past, doesn't make it bad by itself: just like knives.

Never did I say that people can't react however they choose. They sure can, and should, to each his own. It's quite stupid in my opinion, but you won't see me stopping them.

It's just that it's a really stupid thing to generate controversy over, that's all.

Stop taking things so personally and making a big deal out of insignificant things. It should be very clear to anyone that there was no ill intent or any intension to offend anyone. If random europeans saying "nigger" as an expletive without any actual intent to bellittle or harm anyone is what we call "racism" nowadays, I'd say we're on quite a good spot. But we aren't, and yet people are wasting time and energy on this.

Just like most SJW-like issues, it's not helping anyone, and it never will. It's only pushing more centrists and overall reasonable people to extremes (on both ends), and really doing no good to anyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Again, completely agree, it's just a word and people get offended over it being used in a different country, nowhere near concerning them at all.
    No, that doesn't hold up. Words still have meaning, and it's the meaning that is problematic.

I mean, I'm not going to go up to a grieving mother on her own childs funeral and tell her a bunch of dead baby jokes, and then defend myself saying "it's just words". I'm making an extreme example here but the point stands.

What are "just words" for you can be very offensive to some. Have some empathy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Thing is you don't need to use most words. Especially when it comes to expletives. Expletives aren't needed. Words usage and meanings change over time and from location to location. The fact that it was used for and linked to many bad things in the past, doesn't make it bad by itself: just like knives.

Never did I say that people can't react however they choose. They sure can, and should, to each his own. It's quite stupid in my opinion, but you won't see me stopping them.

It's just that it's a really stupid thing to generate controversy over, that's all.

Stop taking things so personally and making a big deal out of insignificant things. It should be very clear to anyone that there was no ill intent or any intension to offend anyone. If random europeans saying "nigger" as an expletive without any actual intent to bellittle or harm anyone is what we call "racism" nowadays, I'd say we're on quite a good spot. But we aren't, and yet people are wasting time and energy on this.

Just like most SJW-like issues, it's not helping anyone, and it never will. It's only pushing more centrists and overall reasonable people to extremes (on both ends), and really doing no good to anyone.
    Yeah same bullshit different post and I didn't bring it here for conversation. So whatever happens to this guy I don't care nor have any pity.

I really don't get why someone would say nigger when they are angry unless it was something they use commonly otherwise.

Oh look, a bunch of fat white people trying to justify saying the N word. Interesting.

Yeah same bullshit different post and I didn't bring it here for conversation. So whatever happens to this guy I don't care nor have any pity.
    Sounds like the progressive future is full of understanding, compassion and empathy

Quote Originally Posted by Xorgz View Post
    Oh look, a bunch of fat white people trying to justify saying the N word. Interesting.
    Maybe if one side would stop using it in abundance, especially in a self-describing manner, the word would eventually 'n slowly fade into nothingness.