Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am curious how individuals here would define "nigger". There would seem to be a semantic disconnect between sides. The way it was used in the video is inoffensive in relation to the definition I attribute the word.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

well aside from my apathy for feeling...ANYTHING for Pewdiepie one other YouTube brought up a valid point that his behavior has negative consequences for the rest of youtube. we already have the Ad-pocalypse going on thanks to him and no doubt we'll see even more fall out after this. so woo now I have even more reason to hate Felix, yeah!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You obviously have some evidence to back this up... Just remember, the majority of black people don't live in the US.
    A majority of black people don't speak English or use the n word, either.

But you are right, I should have qualified that I was talking about blacks in the US since blacks from pretty much everywhere else DON'T call each other the n word.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    Deal with my consequences? What?

Look all I'm saying is that if you think words matter and hold meaning my question still stands. Why is it less controversial to say cracker or honkey vs. nigger? It's been used in movies, TV shows, stand up comedy, all kinds of media and it doesn't seem to bother anybody it's perfectly ok to use those words, it's a total joke to everybody but once you get into black slurs then it's a big controversial issue like it's some forbidden subject. Now as a white guy what if I found those words like cracker or honkey to be offensive? Would I still be considered as bitching and complaining? What about the way I or other white people feel when someone calls them a cracker or honkey? Do their feelings not matter because they're white? I guess because they're white they don't experience any sort of oppression it's just the black people who do. It just seems to me that when it comes to racial issues it's always one sided and anyone trying to defend the whites is considered the bad guy and racist. Like we're not allowed to stand up for ourselves. We should be ashamed to be white.

Either take away the meaning of racial slurs and just laugh about it and be happy OR don't use any of them at all and that includes black people calling each other nigga. Just because it has an "a" at the end doesn't mean it makes the word any less meaningful. If it did then white people wouldn't be getting shit for using the word. I mean that's what you said right that words aren't just words? Then if so the word nigga shouldn't be thrown around like it is today and should be considered the same word and mean the same meaning as nigger no matter who is using it and how it's being used. Same goes for cracker.

It's all or none.
    There is alot more history behind nigger. Many white people aren't even offended by cracker or honkey. Your other questions are strawmans, so nothing to add. And yea there is a difference between nigger and nigga. When white people use nigga, they do receive less backlash, than if they were to use nigger.

Now nobody, including black people should use any form of this word, but it is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    thats racist??? you just said some races can't do something only yours can.... you are going out of your way to define the people who can do it by race? thats the definition of racist right?
    I never said some races can or can't. I said that I don't use them and nobody should be using them because they're just derogatory.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

The funny part is that :P again the most outraged people are the rich white Americans that poverty and racism have seen on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    well aside from my apathy for feeling...ANYTHING for Pewdiepie one other YouTube brought up a valid point that his behavior has negative consequences for the rest of youtube. we already have the Ad-pocalypse going on thanks to him and no doubt we'll see even more fall out after this. so woo now I have even more reason to hate Felix, yeah!
    That was a really good video by Jimqusition. No matter how you feel about Pewdiepie he is the face of youtube being their biggest star and his stupid antics, no matter if you love them, hate them or indifferent, is going to hurt all the other youtubers.

Here is the video if you want to watch it

Lol at people so invested in internet drama

7+ Year Old Account
    Some guy the average person on the street doesn't know said a bad word online.

Oh the horror. The world is crashing down on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    To be fair, he did offend a bunch of white 20-something pseudo liberal human garbage, that desperately have to be offended and outraged on the behalf of other's so they have something to wank themselves to sleep at nights.

Just look at this thread.
    This wraps it up in a nutshell, it's like all those white people bitching about Mario and how his sombrero offends Mexicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah the long history and the violence behind that word say you are wrong.
    Every black person in the ghetto calling each other that must be very racist then. Who'da thunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    How do you know he isn't though?

Seems a bit weird people are somehow claiming that he can't possibly be one. How do they know?

I know I'm a racist, but nobody would know if you'd ask them.
    No one is a racist unless you can directly prove it. You can't accuse someone of having the wrong thoughts, and if you're owning up to racism; you probably aren't a racist at all. You're more likely a brainwashed low testosterone male. I'm not trying to be insulting here at all, in fact I'm working on it for my thesis, there does seem to be a huge correlation between testosterone count and taking conciliatory and self deprecating stances amongst college aged males.

Felix isn't a racist, but you have to understand that realistically, the group of people who think he is a racist, will only exist in their echo chamber. No one in the mainstream is going to listen to people with extremist views, especially since calling someone a racist nowadays has virtually no meaning.

Calling Pewdiepie a racist is if anything an endorsement of him not being politically correct, since these attacks on him he has only become more popular after all. All the social power that the word 'racist' held was expended in the general election where it was overused to the point that everyone become desensitised.

Call Felix whatever you want but let me know when he actually causes tangible harm to someone on the grounds of ethnicity. Until then, kindly crawl back into whatever hole you came from.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    That was a really good video by Jimqusition. No matter how you feel about Pewdiepie he is the face of youtube being their biggest star and his stupid antics, no matter if you love them, hate them or indifferent, is going to hurt all the other youtubers.

[video=youtube;Odoe1qVkcJ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odoe1qVkcJ4&t=610s[ideo]
    I was referencing Jim there, I didn't want to name names since there's bound to be SOMEONE that takes issue with the messenger and not the message.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post

Why do you guys encourage loser mentality. Felix is responsible for these things? YouTube is responsible.

It's YouTube that chooses to respond to these things in the way it does. The fact that Felix's subscriber count goes up when these things happen is proof that YouTube doesn't actually need to take any action.

Honestly it actually disgusts me that you guys sit here blaming Pewds when YouTube are the ones drunk on power implementing all these horrible things. And if major youtubers don't like it they should band together and find a new platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I was referencing Jim there, I didn't want to name names since there's bound to be SOMEONE that takes issue with the messenger and not the message.
    Ya I get that I meant more as a broad open to the thread go and see the video.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marsc92 View Post
    Why do you guys encourage loser mentality. Felix is responsible for these things? YouTube is responsible.

It's YouTube that chooses to respond to these things in the way it does. The fact that Felix's subscriber count goes up when these things happen is proof that YouTube doesn't actually need to take any action.

Honestly it actually disgusts me that you guys sit here blaming Pewds when YouTube are the ones drunk on power implementing all these horrible things. And if major youtubers don't like it they should band together and find a new platform.
    Not really when advertisers take their money from youtube, youtube will react in kind by cracking down on the creators. Youtube like Jim says in his video is in a sort of limbo right now where they aren't controlled by the government like normal media is. Yet if guys like Pewdiepie, with the majority of his fan base being kids, continue to do stupid shit, even taken out of context, it will push the government to act and possibly wrangle control over youtube like normal media.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsc92 View Post
    Because hes part of the problem. Many youtubers have moved over to Twitch and/or added a Patreon to fund there channels due to the Adpocalypse. While Felix isn't 100% responsible for advertisers withdrawing from Youtube he doesn't help it ether.

He is called King of Youtube for a reason and when shit like this happens (or the fiver shit) that reflects and damages to everyone who uses Youtube. You may not like it but that's the fact's of the matter.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares?

Like seriously, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Who cares?

Like seriously, who cares?
    Millions of People, Clearly a game company and lot's of Youtubers...

Didn't think this question needed to be asked but hey there is your answer.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    A bunch of the gaming channels I am subbed to are getting easy clicks suckling on the teet of pewdiepie

10+ Year Old Account