Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    I totally agree entirely

Shit. I'm one of THOSE people. I'll edit dw lmao

LOL, no worries. Not many people would have even bothered. I just know how it feels to be late to the party and accidentally come across something somewhere completely random and be like SHIT.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It's like saying gay friends call each other fags so why can't I call people faggots - says straight man.
    Best part is when you pretend you're super hetero and drop that word like it's hot.

In secret though... -- it's like the ultimate trump card. BUT WAIT

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Doing takedowns on old "let's play" content is dumb because of non-game issues.
    They don't want their company, brand or game associated with someone who freely calls people 'Nigger' as an insult in fits of anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    ...Er, I think you don't understand what the word actually means and for that matter what it means to be racist.

Was it insensitive and shitty? Definitely. Especially considering a large portion of his audience are children and I'd hope he would exercise more tact. But let's not start lumping him in with the likes of White Nationalists and Neo-Nazis because he's an idiot.
    Well perhaps he should stop with the Nazi salutes, hiring people to hold up 'Death to Jews' signs and tweets like this one.
    http://i.imgur.com/QPIeJAU.jpg

Everyone in this story is a douchebag.
    The Youtuber for obvious reasons, the Dev for his false copyright claims.

The epitome of entitlement mentality.
    please elaborate? Are you aware that in the early years of integration nigger was the preferred and socially acceptable term for african americans? Blacks/colored etc were a big no no.

Source: my parents and family friends who were in southern high schools during integration.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    They don't want their company, brand or game associated with someone who freely calls people 'Nigger' as an insult in fits of anger.

Well perhaps he should stop with the Nazi salutes, hiring people to hold up 'Death to Jews' signs and tweets like this one.
    http://i.imgur.com/QPIeJAU.jpg
    That link seems more like he's making fun of himself(and the calls that he's in fact racist) than him actually admitting he's racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like saying gay friends call each other fags so why can't I call people faggots - says straight man.
    Exactly it isn't my concern why other people call or address each other in ways they are comfortable with. The word Fag is also a no fly zone, and if someone uses that word around someone who doesn't appreciate it, I find the only ones responsible are the parties that acted in the first place to create whatever situation escalates.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    His subscriber count is going up.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/pewdiepie/realtime

You know, as opposed to "everyone" unsubscribing because this was such a "horrible thing", which is what certain people are trying to claim here.
    That does not mean that most of his followers, new and old think what he did was ok though.
    Watching people do stupid stuff seems to entertain a lot of people.

It's like watching reality shows such as Big Brother and such. People on TV acting like morons is fun to watch but you'd never do this yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favourite line from training day is "my nigga"

Does that make me racist?

If I call white person nigger does that make me racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    That link seems more like he's making fun of himself(and the calls that he's in fact racist) than him actually admitting he's racist.
    Considering The Daily Stormer put up a banner that said it was "The world's #1 PewDiePie fansite", I foolishly assumed he'd want to avoid comparing himself with neo-nazis. You don't condemn nazis by doing nazi stuff and going "wow, those nazis must have watched my stuff!"

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    dropping the N bomb (ER ending)
    Just say nigger god damn it. Just say the fucking word. How can you have any reasonable discussion about a word if you won't even say it.
    Stop giving a word so much power by being afraid of it for fucks sake. It's not like you're walking up to a black dude calling him a slur, you're just talking about a word, so fucking say it.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    sadly those people run a lot of online media nowadays.
    I actually had a really good in depth conversation about this with a group of friends recently. I brought up the subject of GG and other such topics that show links between large communications corps such as google, facebook, twitter and authoritarian SJWs and feminists. They all thought that it wasn't a big deal, probably because of their "viewpoints" line up with their "values", but that's just ignorantly ignoring a major issue. All of these major corporations, which control a huge majority of information people usually see, are extremely biased, and corrupt, and people eat it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Considering The Daily Stormer put up a banner that said it was "The world's #1 PewDiePie fansite", I foolishly assumed he'd want to avoid comparing himself with neo-nazis. You don't condemn nazis by doing nazi stuff and going "wow, those nazis must have watched my stuff!"
    I don't think he cares.

Got to realize, all of this overreaction to - well - damn near literally everything has made a lot of people callous towards the notion of being equated to Nazis and the likes. It's having the opposite effect and not necessarily a desirable one either.

I myself, a bisexual, borderline trans(struggling with this aspect of myself but not quite submitted to it) got frequently lumped in with White Nationalists, homophobes and Neo-Nazi sympathizers simply because I refused to readily label people through such arbitrary reasoning. I reserved my judgment for those that actually deserved it and all the while, coined many as simply idiots - because there is in fact a significant difference between an idiot and a racist. A chasm even.

Lost friends, as ridiculous as it is.

Fact is, he's gotten more views. More subscribers. All this "negative" attention has just been feeding him. Why would he reject it? You can definitely call it morally questionable but ultimately, he seems to be okay with it as long as business is booming. I personally didn't like him beforehand and certainly don't like him now. I won't however just start slapping labels about the place knowing better.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Just say nigger god damn it. Just say the fucking word. How can you have any reasonable discussion about a word if you won't even say it.
    Stop giving a word so much power by being afraid of it for fucks sake. It's not like you're walking up to a black dude calling him a slur, you're just talking about a word, so fucking say it.
    It reminds me of Harry Potter and the fact that everyone was afraid of saying Voldemort. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    please elaborate? Are you aware that in the early years of integration nigger was the preferred and socially acceptable term for african americans? Blacks/colored etc were a big no no.

Source: my parents and family friends who were in southern high schools during integration.
    And you never thought to check this little gold nugget of a fact?

Caring this much about streamers is the same as caring too much about the Kardashians. Its reality TV for those who couldnt get into the normal TV shows. Get over it, who cares - he can say or do as he pleases. Why even let this remotely enter your brain at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just plain sad that most of the black people nowadays won't even feel insulted if someone actually slips the word nigger out, at least in Finland. Seems like the majority of who get butthurt over that are the most sensitive people out there, usually white people trying to white knight something lol.

There are a lot worse things going on in the world and yet stuff like saying a word nigger seems to get most attention from people. Typical millenium born people who haven't gone through a real struggle in their life...

Deleted
    The fact that this even makes the news is fucking psycotic like really some Gamer dude says something inappropriate while playing ye thats certainly news worthy. Happends in every discord channel all the time every day cmon ffs.

Pretty funny how it makes the biggest newspaper in Sweden make a big article about but as you read what actually happend and the fact that he instantly apoligized it just baffles me how they throw the racist card. Poltically correctness is a disease i just dont understand how people claim to get so fucking offended by everyone and everything.

It's just like when the feminist continuesly claim that the increase in rape is due to the white mans lack of respect for women, i'm a white man but i dont give a fuck what anyone says because in my opinon thats objevtivly incorrect and i don't give a fuck what someone says if it he/she technically offend me, WHO CARES?