Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Addon - Premade Group Finder, Tweets, DLC #598

    Synergy Picks in the Arena are Being Removed

    Addon - Premade Group Finder
    The Premade Group Finder addon makes it easy to scan for groups you are interested in joining in the background.

    • Scan for groups with a matching keyword and attempt to join them.
    • Multiple keyword profiles, allowing you to switch from hunting Legion world bosses to Warlords bosses that drop mounts quickly.
    • Blacklist players, keywords, or entire realms.
    • Multiple notification options for when a group is found. The addon defaults to notifying your guild, so you may want to turn that off.



    Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Raiding
    Instead of having big gaps between expansions and raids, why not introduce a system like Mythic Plus Raids?
    Hard to get a sense of the audience for that - is it people who have fully cleared the current tier on Mythic and want more challenge?
    If so, that's a pretty tiny group, many of whom sorely appreciate some downtime to relax before they start preparing for the next tier. (WatcherDev)

    Game Developer Tweets
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    When you worked on WoW, did you prefer 10 man raiding or 25 man? Do you think they will ever lower 20 mythic down to 10 as the population of the game declines? (I personally much prefer 10 and have been out of the hardcore raiding scene since they removed it.)
    For me, they are just different experiences, though I enjoyed both. If I had to choose, I’d say the larger raids.

    I started raiding (and tanking!) in WoW on Molten Core, so I will always have a lot of nostalgia for those 40 person raids, though I can’t imagine now how we ever managed to raid 2-3 nights a week. The logistics of it all seem impossible now!

    The large raids feel epic. The bosses feel powerful when a few people can die without it being a wipe. It was great to see an army (an army!) assembled against those elementals and dragons. I had never encountered anything like that in gaming. The closest was something like capture the flag with my Boy Scout troop, where we had maybe 20 kids on each team.

    But I enjoyed out 10-player forays into Karazhan and ZA as well. We could cut out all the riff raff and just run with a tight group of friends (who were mostly my colleagues from Ensemble). We would progress very quickly without a bunch of drama. But these felt a lot more like dungeon runs than MC and BWL did. I never wanted my guild to move exclusively to 10s. It was more of a palate cleanser.

    I have no idea if they will continue to iterate on raid size. I am too out of the loop. While I was there, I tried to do what I could to make sure 25 player raiding felt viable, because the convenience of 10s was always going to push groups in that direction in the absence of any reason to stay large. (Ghostcrawler)



    Dark Legacy Comics #598
    DLC #598 has been released!

    Last edited by chaud; 2017-09-11 at 04:51 AM.

  2. #2
    Mechagnome Enfilade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    508
    They should stop pumping out DLCs so often. That way when they release them they can be, you know, funny.

  3. #3
    The Insane Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    16,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    They should stop pumping out DLCs so often. That way when they release them they can be, you know, funny.
    I found this comic to be a relatable experience shared in areas with no flying, in which mobs that are often hotly contested will spawn in obscure or difficult to reach places, often separated by annoying distances in alititude with little help from the minimap indicating how to get to them, leading an individual to wait where they think a mob will spawn, only to find it out of range, usually dying right before they're able to reach it and being forced to wait for it to spawn once more.


    Get the joke now?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  4. #4
    I thought it was impossible to scan in the background now? I used to use that PGF addon and removed it when Blizzard broke it.

    If you have to click a button to search each time, that makes the addon pretty useless.

  5. #5
    Another thing that people also look over with 10 man raiding is the acceleration of class homogenization that it brought. With 10 man on the scene, you had to spread tools around to more classes to ensure that a raid had all the tools it needed without having a slot for every class.

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer Hextor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    3,478
    M+ raids? oh for the love of Cthulhu, please, no...

  7. #7
    Yeah, I enjoy the DLC comic, but too often the punchline is just one of the characters swearing in exasperation. And that's not all that funny.

    This one would be much better if they combined the last and second-to-last panels and ditched the rest. Keep it simple, and keep some mystery. We don't need to see the character's reaction to the joke.
    Last edited by Baluki; 2017-09-11 at 03:35 AM.

  8. #8
    Herald of the Titans Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    2,848
    Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    Another thing that people also look over with 10 man raiding is the acceleration of class homogenization that it brought. With 10 man on the scene, you had to spread tools around to more classes to ensure that a raid had all the tools it needed without having a slot for every class.
    Isn't the other side of the coin that with more raiders you'd expected to have each class and all those "special unique abilities". We get can't raid have no shaman to heroism.

  9. #9
    Good to see PGF make a return. Yes, you have to use a bind now, but I'm loving that it works again. Using it to find Guldan groups for mount/toys.

    Or say, you wanted to cherrypick a boss in Tomb of Sargeras or a Midnight Horse run for Kara, there you go.

    10/10 DLC this week as always. I've largely stopped reading webcomics over the years, but I've kept up with DLC.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2017-09-11 at 04:14 AM.

  10. #10
    Premade Groups Filter > Premade Group Finder - trust

  11. #11
    What's the difference between the default group finder ingame vs this addon?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Artamor View Post
    Premade Groups Filter > Premade Group Finder - trust
    I use both. Both have different purposes for me. Finder is for background searching (with binding) for rare mounts and stuff that might not pop up often. Filter is for when I have the UI pulled up and plan to join something immediately. In that sense they compliment each other, for me at least.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Isn't the other side of the coin that with more raiders you'd expected to have each class and all those "special unique abilities". We get can't raid have no shaman to heroism.
    But that is exactly what IS expected for larger raid sizes. One of the reasons that 20 man was chosen for Mythic raids is the ability to represent each class.

  14. #14
    Mythic plus raids wouldn't work imo,mythic raids are already as hard as it gets,so either m+ raids would be impossible,or they'd need to make mythic raids easier,which is a terrible idea
    Besides,speed was never the point of mythic raiding,progression takes a long time,and any half decent mythic raiding guild knows and/or likes that

  15. #15
    Petunia, such a sweet name. But comic was ok at best.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    They should stop pumping out DLCs so often. That way when they release them they can be, you know, funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baluki View Post
    Yeah, I enjoy the DLC comic, but too often the punchline is just one of the characters swearing in exasperation. And that's not all that funny.

    This one would be much better if they combined the last and second-to-last panels and ditched the rest. Keep it simple, and keep some mystery. We don't need to see the character's reaction to the joke.
    Don't see any of you drawing/writing comics to compete. DLC is accurate as ever and always relate-able. That's what makes them so good. Pointing out the cringe and nuisances we all have in an otherwise enjoyable game.
    If you know the candle is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

  17. #17
    Elemental Lord Spl4sh3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I found this comic to be a relatable experience shared in areas with no flying, in which mobs that are often hotly contested will spawn in obscure or difficult to reach places, often separated by annoying distances in alititude with little help from the minimap indicating how to get to them, leading an individual to wait where they think a mob will spawn, only to find it out of range, usually dying right before they're able to reach it and being forced to wait for it to spawn once more.


    Get the joke now?
    Or you can instead of looking on map actually look at your surrounding on how to get to places. Map can indicate if they are above or below then it is for you to look on how to get up or down.

  18. #18
    That addon was a blessing back in WoD, got all the rare elite spawns for all the mounts within a week.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    They should stop pumping out DLCs so often. That way when they release them they can be, you know, funny.
    The artist releases one every Sunday. MMO Champs just seems to like them and embeds them into their Sunday posts.

  20. #20
    So you do have to keep hitting a button to search? Totally useless to me, then.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •