View Poll Results: September 11th 16 years later do you feel safer now?

Voters
86. This poll is closed
  • Yes

39 45.35%
  • No

47 54.65%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    No doubt getting ready to leave school, or close to it. UK times, and what not. Plus, 9 year old me had not a clue about it.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I hear no bragging. He was asked a question about the how high the buildings were and he answered it factually
    Wrong. He was not asked about how high the building was, you liar. It's on tape, you can't spin this lie.

Out of nowhere, he randomly chose to boast about having the tallest building because the towers fell.

7+ Year Old Account
    i was eating popcorn watching news all day, it was a nice day actually
    Last edited by Dentelan; 2017-09-12 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    They shoudl have golden statues of themselves for that act. Hulago Khan took revenge because his ambassadors n caravans were butchered by the khalif who put aside diplomacy. Christians took part in the Mongol conquest of Baghdad n they did great justice upon the aggressor khalifs.

Hulagu was an interesting bloke, christian mother, christian wife, had a christian general, a chinese general, a very broad spectrum of folks..
    Wasnt that the destruction of the Khwarazmian empire ( the biggest revenge in history as they call it for attacking Mongol traders), the mongols destroyed alot of sunni muslim empires so i might got that confused. Anyways that empire was no more after the mongols was done. After that they subjugated iran, iraq, syria and a bunch of other muslim places.

Think the sacking of Bagdad and the end of islams golden age was abit later though.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-09-12 at 09:59 AM.

I was at work. It was rather surreal. In Germany, we believed it was an accident for an hour. Got a bit of the chills when the second plane hit.

Safer? Nope. Doesn't feel safer.

I remember a conversation with an Australian. I wondered what was going to happen next, war was pretty obvious. She told me it was worse than that, she predicted correctly that the US would not just go into Afghanistan, but Iraq as well. She also said it was bad for the world in general, not just the US. I laughed at her in 2001... boy, was I wrong.

Changes?

1. US politics turned into a shitshow
    2. Middle East completely destabilised
    3. US lost its moral high ground
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Florida stole the light of it:

Not that i mind, since us europeans are getting quite sick if it with media spaming it every year.
    Your opinion is not the same as "us europeans", never understood people who think they speak for millions of people.

OT: Was @ home nerding it with CS and watching news, honestly thought the 1st hit was an accident, and were shocked when the 2nd hit. It was obvious pretty fast that it would change the West for decades to come. Worst part was definitely watching people choosing to stay or jump
    Last edited by Crispin; 2017-09-12 at 10:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Wasnt that the destruction of the Khwarazmian empire ( the biggest revenge in history as they call it for attacking Mongol traders), the mongols destroyed alot of sunni muslim empires so i might got that confused. Anyways that empire was no more after the mongols was done. After that they subjugated iran, iraq, syria and a bunch of other muslim places.

Think the sacking of Bagdad and the end of islams golden age was abit later though.
    Oh, I wrote what I just read about him, I don't know much more than you about Mongol history, probably.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    i was eating popcorn watching news all day, it was a nice day actually
    I told the guy who broke the news that he was a troll, that it sounded totally fake n he should stfu

Yeah, it was a nice day, sunny n warm, felt like summer.

Doing normal things, after all to me its just a normal day. its not like Amercians Remember 11/11 Like the Brits d

I'm a Canadian, so my experience wasn't as immediately visceral or personal. I was late heading to work and had on CNN in the living room while I rushed around getting finished... heard the news, dropped everything, and sat and watched for 3 hours. Watched pretty solid every moment other than work after that.

Was very late for work that day. Two days later we travelled as a family to the US for a planned vacation and drove through parts of the relief efforts in places like Philadelphia where people were scrambling together supplies and rescue gear and whatnot to help with the ongoing efforts. It was the best of america, pulling together for once.

Then we pretty quickly started to see the worst of america, with asshats like Tucker Carlson blaming Canada for the attacks and stupid asstards buying into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Oh, I wrote what I just read about him, I don't know much more than you about Mongol history, probably.
    Oh i know a shit ton of medieval/ancient history just that sometimes i mix things up though im pretty sure thats how it went down, i remember as they call the mongols wiping the Khwarazmian empire from this planet the biggest act of revenge in history, about 4 million was killed about 30% of the population because they attacked a Mongol caravan 1 million soldiers and 3 million civilians, the mongols did not even plan on attacking before that lol. They loved making a example of empires though.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-09-12 at 03:50 PM.