Poll: What raid difficulty do you primarily do?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    9/9H

We just made it. We dont progress fast, but he have been steady getting AOTC. Thats fine for me. I don't need to blaze, I just want to have the steady team.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    I think this shows the demograph of mmo-champion posters because this isn't even close to a raiding distribution for the actual game.
    You mean people who are active on a fan site lean more hardcore than a casual player? Preposterous.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Ahah so much for the 'only 5% of players do mythic' myth.
    Definitely less of us than that, maybe 3%.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    You mean people who are active on a fan site lean more hardcore than a casual player? Preposterous.
    Of course that's the case.

Just commenting on how extreme it is when more people here raid mythic than LFR when in game LFRers out number mythic by several orders of magnitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Of course that's the case.

Just commenting on how extreme it is when more people here raid mythic than LFR when in game LFRers out number mythic by several orders of magnitude.
    Sarcasm
    <-------------- woosh
    Your head

LFR/Normal. I only join raids to experience more of the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic. With some Normals here and there. Usually avoid LFR's unless I need to complete a quest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Simple question. What is your primary raid preference?

For me its a mix between heroic and mythic. But for now its heroic, as my RL schedule only allows me 1 raid day a week.
    "Do you primarily raid LFR, Normal, Heroic, or Mythic?" and "What is your primary raid preference?" are two entirely different questions. I answered 'heroic' because due to our guild's player count we cannot do mythic yet. However, my preferred difficulty is mythic.

Just which question are you asking, OP? Are you asking what we'd PREFER to be doing, or what we're CURRENTLY primarily doing? The OP and the thread title ask both of these entirely different questions. Oh and also I thought you got banned?

I've stopped being a hardcore raider come Legion, after having been so since WotLK, doing the highest difficulty... so I'm just taking a more casual approach of just doing Heroic now, with the occasional Mythic run for bosses the guild has on farm.

I no longer want to waste time being stuck in progression for ages for them Mythic runs, the appeal is no longer there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SFBayGamer View Post
    Very surprised mythic is that high of percent. That must be self selection bias of MMO Champion goers. I would guess the real % is closer to 5-10%.
    OP asked our preference. I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the mythic voters chose that because they like mythic even if they don't actively raid it right now.
    That, or people killed the first boss in mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by SFBayGamer View Post
    Very surprised mythic is that high of percent. That must be self selection bias of MMO Champion goers. I would guess the real % is closer to 5-10%.

Heroic is by far the best mode in terms of challenge, mechanics, minimal but still some gearing requirement and reward v. time spent.
    its not surpising at all - most of population of mmochampion are ether people who actively raid/pvp or raided/pvped in past but still play game.

average non invested player most probably doesnt even know this site exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of them. Not interested in raiding at the moment. Might start raiding Normal Antorus with my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Ahah so much for the 'only 5% of players do mythic' myth.
    Ahah so much for the "only people educated in gathering and interpreting statistics should perform or comment upon polls" myth.... oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    It still needs to be said, because a lot of people are going to link to this poll as evidence that LfR isn't popular, or heroic/mythic is, or that many more people do organized raiding than other sources say, or basically any other lie they wish to peddle...

Used to raid mythic but I'm too busy irl now, so only Heroics when I find a little time basically.

Sometimes lfr and normal while binge watching series, for badluck protection grind you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR.

I never liked the idea of committing a part of my day to WoW. When I play WoW I play because I feel like playing not so I can be on time for a raid. I already have my job to be on time for I don't need another schedule to follow.

It's why I love LFR so much. I can raid whenever I want, continue to experience the story, and still get decent gear from it. Not the best gear but I'm ok with being good enough. Before LFR I couldn't experience ANY raids because guilds always required me to be on at a time that I just couldn't be on. LFR has been one of the best features Blizzard added, in my opinion. It was like they knew.

People visiting a fansite for a game probably take the game a little more seriously than the average player. This same group of people would more than likely be at a heroic-mythic raid level which definitely distorts the numbers on a poll like this. Looking at the numbers on wowprogress.com would be more accurate.