Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I read an article that pointed out that black people who want to make a character resemble themselves would have to play on a tougher difficulty but I'm not seeing the outrage the OP is imagining. I would have expected more complaints from the right-wingers and free speech enthusiasts who oppose things like affirmative action or believe racism is no longer a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I feel sorry for any of them born in Africa, they usually get murdered and a lot of times tortured...
    Read up that African albinos are killed and used in witch doctor medicine... :|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    It's because the wiki says race is "a grouping based on shared physical traits, ancestry, or genetics", therefore, not about skin color.
    Skin color is not a shared physical trait? Or something determined by ancestry and genetics? I'm out. This is more nonsense than I can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    You are still considered a colored person. White people aren't really white either. We're beige.
    Again, so what? If there was a blind test with 10 forearms and 9 were white peoples and I was the last one you'd likely have a hard time distinguishing my forearm from the others.

It has to be a little bit more hateful than asking you about your eyes or telling you that they find you attractive. If someone says your race is inferior and deserves to be wiped out, that's racist. Everything else nowadays that is being called racist really isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I read an article that pointed out that black people who want to make a character resemble themselves would have to play on a tougher difficulty but I'm not seeing the outrage the OP is imagining. I would have expected more complaints from the right-wingers and free speech enthusiasts who oppose things like affirmative action or believe racism is no longer a thing.
    Racism does exist, against ALL races, AA is racist as well, forcing people to hire someone based on their skin color is just as racist and not hiring someone based on their skin color.

How do you always manage to make everything about you?
    Maybes he's related to George Takai?

Classic Anduin Menethil responses >>

Then why is a term like "redskin" considered racist? Why does it happen to be the case that people of different skin color are discriminated against? Why isn't it considered racism when British people say bad things about Americans, or Germans about the Dutch?
    First you have to understand the difference between racism and being judgmental over skin color.

What the fuck are you talking about? Black people aren't a race? So we can't be racist towards black people? This is just plain nonsense.
    No. No matter how much you or anyone want to think Black people are not considered a race at all. Therefore no you can't be "racist" towards them. You can however be racist towards each of their groups. There is a difference between the two. You are wanting to clump race and color together when both are different. They may have overlapping quality, but they are still different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooooo...

.... People are outraged about a common comedy point in Southpark?

Ugh...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Ok, so? Some people when I was in USA went "ni hao" or "konnichiwa" and didn't stop even though I told them I'm korean, who mocked my english pronunciation, who told me to go back to my country(?? I was there as a tourist wtf), being asked if I can see as well as white people(??) said all asians look the same anyways and I shouldn't be annoyed by them mistaking me for being chinese or japanese and so on were totally not racist because I'm as pale as many white people?
    From the perspective of many White Anglo Saxon Americans you're considered to be a Person of Colour. You might not like or agree with the label but that's not going to prevent your average racist (or bigot if you prefer) from considering you're some "other" to be demeaned.

You're correct that it's not just about skin colour but that's still an important factor for some.
    Last edited by Ivanstone; 2017-09-11 at 07:41 PM.

Most of the outrage I've seen comes from anti-sjws. The thread on KiA is full of them.

Perfect illustration, why the outrage?

I burst out laughing at the difficulty meter. If this offends you grow a spine and learn to stop caring about every little detail in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post

Me too honestly.

This is so true. If you're white society as a whole is biased in your favour... And don't get me started on white privilege.
    Last edited by Shinra1; 2017-09-11 at 07:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    joke doesnt make sense. very hard should be white straight male tbh

It's not politically correct, but it is fact; and a very stark and painful one at that.

Personally, I would have just shrugged something like this off, but I don't particularly disagree if people want to be mad over this, because they are right to do so.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    You always say stuff that makes no sense. You're not smart, sweet heart quite the opposite.
    How does that make no sense?

I think they should have went balls deep with it and straight up force you to be female when the difficulty meter is in the top half.

It never ceases to amaze me how often people get triggered by South Park's humor. All they do, especially in the latest seasons, is parodying the real world with whatever situation they can find. PC culture coming back, trolling on the internet, a Trump-esque Garrison becoming president, even some smaller stuff like Yelp reviewers thinking their reviews matter to everyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Still trying to give the outrage... FYI I've reported the post for being baity and lying about the article contents.

This thread is one huge circle jerk to a nonexistent issue.