View Poll Results: Will you buy the Iphone X?

Voters
143. This poll is closed
  • Yes. $1000 is a bargain for this!

12 8.39%
  • No. Not worth it to me.

120 83.92%
  • Not sure. Depends on the phone plans being offered.

11 7.69%
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Apple just focusses more on young professionals now, who can afford it easuly and are willing to lay any pricr anyway.
    Professionals? What kind of professionals of any kind need something like this?

I only skimmed the first page, but keep in mind I believe this is only the price for the iPhone X (ten). The "normal" model (I think it's 8) that comes in like a 4.7 inch screen and a 5.5 inch screen starts at a price much closer to traditional iPhones.

Given, all of the features they are using to drive the sales of the X were done by all of their competitors, which can be much cheaper anyway, but you do get the brand recognition and the enormous app market they have.

*shrug*

I miss my win10 phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    I sure the NSA gives a rats ass what 99.9% of peoples face measurements are.
    If they didn't care, then they wouldn't be partner with Apple in the first place...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Paying 1000 dollars for animated emojis lol.

The top bezel is ugly. The screen is still not 1440p, no touch ID, or home button. I don't know why they went back to space gray when jet black/matte black are better colors. I think i'll stick to my Galaxy S8+.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    iPhone 8 will be around that price so...
    In Belgium the smallest (4.7 inch) iPhone 8 will cost me €809. A (new) Samsung Galaxy s8 (5.8 inch) I can get for as low as €580. That's a €229 difference. That's both with 64 GB of storage. With actions running I can get a free 128 GB SD Card for the Samsung. Not sure if the iPhone 8 has a SD card slot, but if you want more storage, you want the 256GB version which would cost me €979. 979 Euro for the SMALLEST version of the iPhone EIGHT.

And it's not even their 'flagship' phone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    1k for a miniature computer with a good camera is actually not that horrible. Still paying the Apple Tax, the iPhone7 Plus with 256GB of storage was $969. It's not much more.
    Yeah, but that's why you don't buy Apple products. None of them can be considered a "good deal" compared to their competitors which offer faster phones for significantly less money.

You truly must not care about money whatsoever if you're willing to ignore this fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Not sure if the iPhone 8 has a SD card slot, but if you want more storage, you want the 256GB version which would cost me €979.
    iPhones do not have a SD card slot, so going for the 256GB version should definitely be the better option. Unless you know for sure that you will never use a lot of space on the phone itself.

Deleted
    Do people even get that it's not about what the phone can do?
    It might be the suckiest phone on the amrket, but if you market it well then people will buy it anyway.

In the case of the iPhone, they are selling you something you can express a certain image with. I leterally hear people say that Samsung/Android is for poor people and this is the image that these people have in the eyes of the iPhone owners.

I openly admit that part of the reason I also get an iPhone every time is the image. I meet a lot of business people and they all have iPhones thus I seek to match their experience and epectations. Believe it or not, sitting there with an Andorid might damage my image with some people nough that it also hurts business.

This is why you often see people in marketing/sales/accountmanagement etc. with iPhones and people with backoffice jobs with Android.

It might be the suckiest phone on the amrket, but if you market it well then people will buy it anyway.

In the case of the iPhone, they are selling you something you can express a certain image with. I leterally hear people say that Samsung/Android is for poor people and this is the image that these people have in the eyes of the iPhone owners.

I openly admit that part of the reason I also get an iPhone every time is the image. I meet a lot of business people and they all have iPhones thus I seek to match their experience and epectations. Believe it or not, sitting there with an Andorid might damage my image with some people nough that it also hurts business.

This is why you often see people in marketing/sales/accountmanagement etc. with iPhones and people with backoffice jobs with Android.
    Ha you have the same phone that grandma's and 12 year old's use so I don't see how you're creating any kind of image.

It's a boring rectangular slab of glass made by slave labor like every other smartphone. It's not a Lamborghini and anyone who thinks like this is a complete moron.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2017-09-15 at 11:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Ha you have the same phone that grandma's and 12 year old's use so I don't see how you're creating any kind of image.

It's a boring rectangular slab of glass made by slave labor like every other smartphone. It's not a Lamborghini and anyone who thinks like this is a complete moron.
    Its also a phone which tons of business execs use. I try to mirror the people I work with. And since 75-80% of them(high income bracket, management positions) uses Iphones, I kinda have to use them aswell for work.

So much this.
    It's all about the brand and it's image. I've got 7+ red and im loving the attention. When girls see it they instantly think that im rich, successful and cool. Same goes for work, managers and higher-ups are all using iphones, while bum-looking backenders all using android shitphones.

If you are working with any tech-savvy people, it's the other way around. Someone flaunting an iPhone around kinda signals that you are tech-illiterate; hell, most business people I know that use them, got them specifically because they can't be arsed to learn anything more complicated.

Sitting there with an Android phone would not damage your image, as long as it's visibly expensive, like the Samsung flagships. You make it sound like there's only one android phone going around, made specifically for cheapskates and poor people. It's not 2011 any more, perceptions have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by tithian View Post
    If you are working with any tech-savvy people, it's the other way around. Someone flaunting an iPhone around kinda signals that you are tech-illiterate; hell, most business people I know that use them, got them specifically because they can't be arsed to learn anything more complicated.

Sitting there with an Android phone would not damage your image, as long as it's visibly expensive, like the Samsung flagships. You make it sound like there's only one android phone going around, made specifically for cheapskates and poor people. It's not 2011 any more, perceptions have changed.
    samsung s8 looks expensive? hahahaha okay bro.

Deleted
    Price aside, i don't like the idea of facial recognition being used to unlock the phone, or can you disable it and unlock it normally?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Yeah, but that's why you don't buy Apple products. None of them can be considered a "good deal" compared to their competitors which offer faster phones for significantly less money.

You truly must not care about money whatsoever if you're willing to ignore this fact.
    So a 929 note is better and more competitive? Despite the fact it'll deprecate faster and more?

I feel like you people aren't taking depreciation into account.

The only people who would ever say Samsung are for poor people is people who know nothing about phones. Galaxy S8 is $725 and the Galaxy S8+ is $850. The iPhone 8 is $700 while the iPhone 8 Plus is $800.

Yes there is a image with iPhones and that's mainly because there was a time when all iPhones were expensive but we now have $130 iPhone SEs so that isn't the case anymore.
    Last edited by Suporex; 2017-09-15 at 10:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    The only people who would ever say Samsung are for poor people is people who know nothing about phones. Galaxy S8 is $725 and the Galaxy S8+ is $850. The iPhone 8 is $700 while the iPhone 8 Plus is $800.
    Funny, because this very much contradicts a lot of complaints that were made in this thread, stating that Apple is charging ridiculous amounts compared to their competitors etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    Funny, because this very much contradicts a lot of complaints that were made in this thread, stating that Apple is charging ridiculous amounts compared to their competitors etc.
    Please, Apple is selling 750p phones in 2017 for $700 lmao. The S8 has (arguably) the best screen available on the market for the same price.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-09-15 at 11:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post

Yes there is a image with iPhones and that's mainly because there was a time when all iPhones were expensive but we now have $130 iPhone SEs so that isn't the case anymore.
    The Samsung Galaxy S series is often seen as a "lady phone" in the business world though.

ANd people dont ever want to be spotted with a cheap SE edition in the business world.

10+ Year Old Account
    The power of marketing.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.