Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That's Charlie Chaplin.
    Elvis did it too.

https://us.toluna.com/polls/1656232/...ontest-in-a-US

He came in third. =-)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    So... You got more advertisement tossed in your face while paying for advertisement?
    My point still stands.
    Missed the part where I made more money going to blizzcon then what I paid to go there. If I stayed home and watched it on tv/twitch or whatever as a paid advertisement, I wouldn't have made any money.

Deleted
    >Electronics: desktop computers, laptops,

I found it ridiculous that they even have to point that, but judging from the genetic cesspool that seem to be attracted to blizzcons I guess it has to be stated outright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    But my orc hunter uses an AR-15!!!!!!.

I'd love to go (just to tell trade chat she's a cam whore) but cash issues and the fact I don't have a ticket.
    Ok haha what do you have against Trade Chat, I mean I thought she was cute, I say that past tense because that was like 4 years ago. However even then she wasn't exactly whoring it up any worse than Boogie2988 and if I had to pick I would much rather listen to her.

And yeah the tickets for what you get doesn't seem worth it, but someone in this thread mentioned something I didn't know which said there were games you could sort of win some collectables still not worth it except maybe if they have the Bengal Tiger loot card or something.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I don't care for boogie2988 but for another reason. I'd love to talk about it but I'd doubt many on the forum would care. I don't like tradechat at all for a couple of reasons. One, her twitter meltdown claiming "if people cared about politics as nuch as they care about wowhead our world would be great" (paraphrasing the quote) two, she thinks she's hot shit when most wow players don't give a shit about her.
    Haha well she has a point about Politics but I probably wouldn't isolate and target just wow players her bread and butter. As for her suggestion it would make the world a better place HAHAHAHAHA, yeah she is cute, but I guess she thinks all the input from WOW players has really even made Azeroth a better place. It hasn't

As far as her being hot shit, yeah probably let the fame bug get to her head, again I am not going to watch her alone because she was cute, I mean to be honest, I have no problem with what she does or the way she dresses.

But I will say i had a hunch that shit was going to come back to bite her in the ass, see that is the only problem I have, with anybody selling an image, you can't suddenly rage and get pissed that people see you as the image you project.

I mean maybe she might use her looks and what not to get her in the door, well OK, but if she hasn't anything sustaining to keep her in, then the truth about her is going to come back to bite her.

It does it always does, just like Boogie 2988 or some others want to be everyone's bro, or some shit, cool guy, well guess what, if you don't actually do anything or create some value to your appeal other than some gimmick, people are going to move on, and people will eventually see you for who you are.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    I kinda want to go but I can't realy justify traveling over 2000 km for just a convention.
    Most of the bans seem legit cause I can see someone trying to pilot a drone in a crowded hall for shits and gigles
    It really doesn't matter at this point if you haven't already purchased tickets.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    That you have to be told to not bring any sort of weapon to a convention is well, uhm interesting.

Them preventing to take recording devices, i guess they really want to keep those technical panels for those who go there. What is a shame since it's about the only interesting thing there the rest is just blind fan service and a horde of people cheering on every random thing.
    Remember where it's being held.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Weapons: firearms, fireworks, flammable liquids or aerosol products, knives, daggers, swords, clubs, maces, other crushing or edged weapons, projectiles, air guns, long bows, crossbows
    Well I don't see anything against catapults. See you there guys, bring helmets, just sayin'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Well I don't see anything against catapults. See you there guys, bring helmets, just sayin'.
    good luck fitting that catapult inside the doors, plus I think a catapult shot could be considered a crushing or bludgeoning weapon

10+ Year Old Account
    No food? As a regular convention goer, thats a pretty huge deal. I hope you like waiting in line forever and overpaying, wouldn't be Anaheim without both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strollers?!?

Also when will conventions die out of be forced to become more accommodating?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    good luck fitting that catapult inside the doors, plus I think a catapult shot could be considered a crushing or bludgeoning weapon
    Well- the plan was to actually build the ballista at the main stage.

So the doors won't be that much of a problem- I mean, you never know when you might need to backstab someone with a ballista.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't say anything about tactical nuclear devices

10+ Year Old Account
    These are the same rules they have every year.

You can bring it recording equipment if it's like, a personal camera or your cell phone. When they said "Professional audio or visual recording equipment" they really mean professional - big cameras, external mics, lights, tripods, etc, type stuff. And even those you can still bring in (along with laptops, etc) if you have an approved press pass.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    (like myself and garlic)
    Can you see yourself in a mirror?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Remember where it's being held.
    Yes Anaheim California is the most wretched hive of scum and villainy ever.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well...you pay for commercials anyhow. For every commercial. The price is added to the product you buy...to every drink or car that is advertised anywhere, the cost for advertising is then baked into the product price. It is more sneaky in the way that you do not buy a ticket to see them (and even that happens as a by-product of...say..cinema), but you are bombarded by them on TV etc
    Sure, sure but Blizzcon is still an amazing thing.
    No one gets exited about commercials on TV or and add on a news site.

It's still weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    Missed the part where I made more money going to blizzcon then what I paid to go there. If I stayed home and watched it on tv/twitch or whatever as a paid advertisement, I wouldn't have made any money.
    You didn't make any money at all.

Luckily these rules will never apply to me seeing how its ridiculous expensive to go to Blizzcon from Europe, still lit I could blow big ass vape clouds there if that is the full rule list cause it states nothing about ecigs Kappa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    No food? As a regular convention goer, thats a pretty huge deal. I hope you like waiting in line forever and overpaying, wouldn't be Anaheim without both.
    That might just be their standard disclaimer per the convention centre's official policy, because not only have I never had an issue bringing in snacks, but they have food trucks outside for the sole purpose of buying food beyond what they sell inside. They've always encouraged you to buy from the food trucks and bring it in and it's safe to say hundreds do because lines be long yo.

The only thing they won't allow you to bring in is beverages that aren't in water bottles or disposable cups.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Luckily these rules will never apply to me seeing how its ridiculous expensive to go to Blizzcon from Europe, still lit I could blow big ass vape clouds there if that is the full rule list cause it states nothing about ecigs Kappa
    Not in the convention centre list because all of Orange County law treats vaping like cigarettes which means you can't do it indoors.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2017-09-13 at 04:08 AM.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Haven't gone, don't plan on going, won't be buying any more v. tickets, seeing as the art panels weren't streamed last time around. Anything game-play relevant becomes quickly viewable after the fact anyhow.

I don't think button cameras count as professional recording devices. I should be good to stream on