Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    That is a terrible argument. So the rules should be different for women ? SO much for equality.
    I'm not talking about rules. I'm talking about the public opinion, not what the law, or the policy of forums should be. People don't take women as seriously as men, almost always a disadvantage for them. People also feel that women in general are in a weaker position in society, and that they have been treated very unfairly for thousands of years. This gives women's online personas a little more tolerance for bashing men, and certain destructive attitudes are either shown more sympathy or brushed off as harmless whining. I think it will even out in time, when women will be considered true peers. In the mean time, I feel no sympathy for the women-hating basement dwellers, and I say good riddance to all of their stupid ideas.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Like Antiganon said, the worry was that these people might move from their isolated subreddits into other subreddits, and continue posting hate speech, which would mean that they hadn't actually removed it, just forced everyone else to experience it directly. This would be "bad".

Instead, they up and left, or changed accounts and stopped posting hate speech, and either way, that's good for Reddit. Quantifying this to be sure the measure was effective does matter.
    Now Reddit is just a breeding ground for far left terrorists, and the kekistani people. I wouldn't call that better.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Google search "Definition of Hate Speech" and this comes up:

I believe that's a pretty specific and meaningful definition and model.

And don't give me any shit about "lol@wikipedia" or any nonsense - my point is there is a pretty specific definition for it that is accepted in culture today. You denying reality doesn't help move things forward at all.
    He definitely has a point though. Only hate speech against certain targets would ever get punished around here, for example, and most definitely in many other places as well. The definition seem to be covering all bases - the reality of it, however, is entirely different. Which makes the practical aspect of hate speech quite political indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Plenty of examples of that being untrue.
    And plenty more that show this to be true. Hence "typically". Not "always".

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    You mean like having an open platform where people are free to discuss their ideas without fear of censorship?
    You and other alt-righters have the right to create said platform where you are free to discuss and glorify sexual assault and murder. In the meantime, private entities are more than justified to censor hate speech, much like everyone has the right to deny idiots from entering their homes.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2017-09-13 at 02:18 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

"Suppress hate speech that goes against us... but don't you dare touching any that attacks our opponents!"
    - Everyone, 2017