Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Has there ever been a proper explanation on why Human DKs are not Forsaken?

Is there a proper explanation on why a Human DK is not a forsaken?

Why are Forsaken not allowed in the alliance, if human DKs are?

Forsaken is a faction not a race. The question you are asking is a category mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do believe they are ressurected differently.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

To my understanding, the big difference was Tirion's seal of approval. We could also put it to cultural difference between the few years separating both events, along with the direness of the lich king's threat. Maybe at that point, the forsaken would have been welcomed into the alliance, had they re-attempted negotiations.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    As Wildmoon said, faction not a race. If you are talking look alikes. There very well could be some DK's with rotted husks that look like the average forsaken who joined the Alliance.

As for why did forsaken not join the Alliance? Because the Horde offered them a place first.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

the process of resurrection is different.

forsaken dks shouldn't look as broken as they do.

Forsaken are either freed from the Scourge by Sylvanas, or resurrected directly under her control by her Valkyr. The former were born in time when all undead were bad to the humans of the Alliance, and the latter are pretty much brainwashed to follow Sylvanas. In general, they have rotten bodies and were lesser mooks on the Scourge meat grinder.

Death Knights are much more high priority troops for the Lich King, and they have been resurrected with more potent magic. They are not nearly as rotten as the lesser Forsaken and Scourge mooks. They also never went through any brainwashing by Sylvanas, and felt inclined to go back to their former allegiance once "freed" from the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    forsaken dks shouldn't look as broken as they do.
    Forsaken Death Knights are just a cruel joke played by the Lich King. They had already served him once before, only to be freed by Sylvanas. Now that he had claimed their bodies again, he decided to punish the fuckers by resurrecting them back into the servitude of the Scourge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Forsaken are either freed from the Scourge by Sylvanas, or resurrected directly under her control by her Valkyr. The former were born in time when all undead were bad to the humans of the Alliance, and the latter are pretty much brainwashed to follow Sylvanas. In general, they have rotten bodies and were lesser mooks on the Scourge meat grinder.

Death Knights are much more high priority troops for the Lich King, and they have been resurrected with more potent magic. They are not nearly as rotten as the lesser Forsaken and Scourge mooks. They also never went through any brainwashing by Sylvanas, and felt inclined to go back to their former allegiance once "freed" from the Lich King.

Forsaken Death Knights are just a cruel joke played by the Lich King. They had already served him once before, only to be freed by Sylvanas. Now that he had claimed their bodies again, he decided to punish the fuckers by resurrecting them back into the servitude of the Scourge.
    ugh, there is no brainwashing to serve. Unless you want to call "Serve, die or fuck off" brainwashing.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    ugh, there is no brainwashing to serve. Unless you want to call "Serve, die or fuck off" brainwashing.
    Except it's serve or return to the grave, there is no fuck off middle ground to choose from.

Unless I am sorely mistaken, in which case could you source it for me? Because I know Marshall Redpath went out to start a anti-Forsaken faction of undead but I (wrongly?) remember my Forsaken having the option to serve Sylvanas or return to the grave at the start, when I created it.

If anything, it should be the other way around. Because all Death Knights are basicly undead at their peak condition. So it's rather strange, that Arthas would lift a Forsaken as Death Knight, but not actually restore his body.

As for your question. A Forsaken is someone who used to be a citizen of Lordaeron, but died and was brought back into undeath under Arthas. Humans, for all intents and purposes of the game and this discussion, are citizens of Stormwind, so even if they would all be turned into common undead, they would still not join the Forsaken in Lordaeron, as they don't belong there. This goes viceversa. And it explains why human Death Knights join the Alliance, which is where their old loyalties lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    Except it's serve or return to the grave, there is no fuck off middle ground to choose from.

Unless I am sorely mistaken, in which case could you source it for me? Because I know Marshall Redpath went out to start a anti-Forsaken faction of undead but I (wrongly?) remember my Forsaken having the option to serve Sylvanas or return to the grave at the start, when I created it.
    the group raised when your character is raised are not controlled or forcibly killed if they won't join the forsaken. redpath's group was killed because they were insane and forming a force against the forsaken. some that are rezzed go insane, that's why they're called rotbrains.

now, post-godfrey betrayal, it definitely seems like sylvanas encourages them to serve at the very least. they don't behave normally.

10+ Year Old Account

We see that that is a option in the forsaken starting area, it's maybe not an option though for people who were trying to kill them while they were alive though. Then again they let Redpath run off.

You are no slave, <name>. You are free to follow whatever path you choose from here. If you choose to serve the Dark Lady Sylvanas, I recommend you speak with Undertaker Mordo. You will find him behind me, in the graveyard.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=24959/f...t-of-the-grave

You've done well, <class>. *As you can see, not all of us have resigned to our fates. *I'm glad to see that you're at least willing to work.

Valdred will be a valuable asset to the Forsaken. *As for the other two... there is not much we can do. *We cannot force them to join us.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=24960/the-wakening

You say she ran away? *What a shame.

Very well. *As long as she's maintained her free will, there's still hope.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=24961/t...h-of-the-grave

- - - Updated - - -

the group raised when your character is raised are not controlled or forcibly killed if they won't join the forsaken. redpath's group was killed because they were insane and forming a force against the forsaken. some that are rezzed go insane, that's why they're called rotbrains.

now, post-godfrey betrayal, it definitely seems like sylvanas encourages them to serve at the very least. they don't behave normally.
    That's the temporary feral rage or whatever, they calm down afterwards.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-09-15 at 03:48 PM.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Those that do not serve, are promptly killed again. Those who defect later after being resurrected, are killed off at that point.

Sylvanas doesn't resurrect people into undeath out of altruism. She wants more Forsaken. Judging how well freshly resurrected Forsaken take their new position, even after just having been killed by other Forsaken, really doesn't make it seem that there is everything okay with the process Sylvanas uses to resurrect them.

That's the temporary feral rage or whatever, they calm down afterwards.
    there's that. but then you have dumass, who shows signs of brainwashing. he's a meme character, obviously. but he can't just be ignored.

there's also an undead member of the crusade in the plaguelands that left the forsaken specifically because he believes something is wrong with sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    there's that. but then you have dumass, who shows signs of brainwashing. he's a meme character, obviously. but he can't just be ignored.

there's also an undead member of the crusade in the plaguelands that left the forsaken specifically because he believes something is wrong with sylvanas.
    Dumass isn't brainwashed, he's just retarded. A deathguard tells you that sometimes forsaken come back stupid if they died of a head injury or whatever.

edit: She says all new forsaken are stupid.

Dumass says: HI! HI! HELP!

Dumass says: HI! I'M NEW! BIG WHITE LIGHT CREATURE WITH WINGS MADE ME ALIVE! I SERVE THE BANSHEE QUEEN! YAY!
    HELP!
    HI!

Maybe you should go take a nap or something. I don't know if I have any work for you.

Dumass says: OK! THANKS! I'LL JUST WAIT HERE WITH YOU! THANKS! OK!

Wait a minute. It looks like something just came up. Yes, right here on this sheet of paper. You need to head southeast to to the Azurelode Mine and report to Captain Keyton. Southeast is that way *you point southeast*.

Dumass says: NORTH! GOT IT! THANKS! BYE! THANKS!

High Executor Darthalia says: These new Forsaken tend to be a little... um... stupid. It usually takes awhile for them to acclimate.

part of the "welcome to the machine" quest if I recall correctly.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Those that do not serve, are promptly killed again. Those who defect later after being resurrected, are killed off at that point.

Sylvanas doesn't resurrect people into undeath out of altruism. She wants more Forsaken. Judging how well freshly resurrected Forsaken take their new position, even after just having been killed by other Forsaken, really doesn't make it seem that there is everything okay with the process Sylvanas uses to resurrect them.
    The entierity of the Forsaken starting zone seems to have eluded you.

Freshly risen forsaken are victims of battle lust, adrenaline rush/ whatever you want to call it. When they calm down they are given the choice.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-09-15 at 03:54 PM.
    Holy shit lol

Dumass isn't brainwashed, he's just retarded. A deathguard tells you that sometimes forsaken come back stupid if they died of a head injury or whatever.

edit: She says all new forsaken are stupid.

Dumass says: HI! I'M NEW! BIG WHITE LIGHT CREATURE WITH WINGS MADE ME ALIVE! I SERVE THE BANSHEE QUEEN! YAY!
    HELP!
    HI!

Maybe you should go take a nap or something. I don't know if I have any work for you.

Dumass says: OK! THANKS! I'LL JUST WAIT HERE WITH YOU! THANKS! OK!

Wait a minute. It looks like something just came up. Yes, right here on this sheet of paper. You need to head southeast to to the Azurelode Mine and report to Captain Keyton. Southeast is that way *you point southeast*.

Dumass says: NORTH! GOT IT! THANKS! BYE! THANKS!

High Executor Darthalia says: These new Forsaken tend to be a little... um... stupid. It usually takes awhile for them to acclimate.

part of the "welcome to the machine" quest if I recall correctly.
    yes, that's the quest. that's the issue. they seem to be a little "stupid". there's no reason for that. our batch wasn't stupid. some of them turned to rotbrains, but that's it. that is what's suspicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, that's the quest. that's the issue. they seem to be a little "stupid". there's no reason for that. our batch wasn't stupid. some of them turned to rotbrains, but that's it. that is what's suspicious.
    Maybe he was stupid before he died. IIRC he shows up in the molten front dailies and was still stupid.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    And it seems I stand corrected.

That said the wowpedia page about Marcus Redpath and the Rotbrains is abit suspicious because at first he was apparently made into a anti-Forsaken rebel before they went with the "lol, nah he insane bruh" route.

I really like the concept of the Rotbrains, though. Just a bunch of Undead that don't integrate (fully) with the Forsaken and refuse to use the Shadow and blame them for their deaths.

If i correctly remember, the death knight we are playing was killed during the event introducing the expansion (Lich King) where the Scourge attack both Stormwind and Orgrimmar and killed our living self.

When the forsaken were formed long ago during the third war (as a rebel faction to the scourge and then as a faction).

10+ Year Old Account
    And it seems I stand corrected.

That said the wowpedia page about Marcus Redpath and the Rotbrains is abit suspicious because at first he was apparently made into a anti-Forsaken rebel before they went with the "lol, nah he insane bruh" route.

I really like the concept of the Rotbrains, though. Just a bunch of Undead that don't integrate (fully) with the Forsaken and refuse to use the Shadow and blame them for their deaths.
    To be fair, the forsaken called them insane, it doesn't mean they actually were. We called Illidan insane, and Rommath called Jaina insane. It helps to de-humanize or wipe away opposing viewpoints if you call your enemies insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeArt View Post
    If i correctly remember, the death knight we are playing was killed during the event introducing the expansion (Lich King) where the Scourge attack both Stormwind and Orgrimmar and killed our living self.

When the forsaken were formed long ago during the third war (as a rebel faction to the scourge and then as a faction).
    I think its just whoever got murdered in scourge territory. but I'm not sure because I don't think they ever confirmed where you died.
    Holy shit lol