Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dumb thought about the Windrunners and new class?

What if Alleria and Sylvanas are being used to set up a new class *dark ranger*

think about it, it's highly sought after and they even added a dark ranger talent to hunters in legion but took it out before release if i remember right.

all are new classes have been MELEE

easily could have a dark arrow spec *sylvanas style* and void spec *alleria style*, or even a mix of the two with a duel wielding melee spec *void tank?*

it adds another class that can use bows and guns which only 1 CAN *granted only DH can use WG*

adds a new MAIL CLASS wearer

it;s gives void a new playstyle. other then shadow priest *caster* where dark ranger would be *physical/magic ranged + maybe melee spec?*

holy has paladins *melee* and priest *caster*
    fel/demon magic has warlocks *caster* and demon hunters *agile melee*
    death/shadow has affliction warlock *caster* and death knight *melee*
    NORMIES *warrior hunter rogue*
    monks are well.......monks
    arcane/elements has mage as caster, shaman as all roles but tank
    druid is special with the only nature based class but has 4 spec's

now i know people like the idea of a tinker, but dark ranger is probably more popular..... *cause elf woman > short people*

fit well with Night Elf*maybe high elf subrace instead?*/Blood Elf/Human/Undead
    *as we got sylvanas, Nath, Alleria to base them off and connect to both factions and the 4 races

also WE KNOW WE ARE GETTING A VOID EXPANSION *probably with naga to*

also WHO DOESN'T WANT A VOID SKINNED character like alleria?

although she could just be the one to betray us and go CRAYCRAY and kills us all till we kill her for loot?

ALSO IT WOULD BE A HERO CLASS WITH YOU AS A *ranger* following the same path as alleria/sylvanas *aka dark deals/magic*
    *we just don't get to suck on a void naruu, but maybe void something, or hell make it a naruu too*
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2017-09-13 at 02:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't add a new Mail class that ALSO uses the same weapons as Hunters.

Dark Ranger is definitely on the short list of the most desired Warcraft archetypes for WoW.

I think Tinker and Dark Ranger are unrivaled. A lot of people thought we'd never see a Demon Hunter because it was too close to Warlock, just like a lot of people think we won't see Dark Ranger because it's too close to Hunter. However, Blizzard isn't stupid. I know a TON of people who bought WoW just because they "needed" to play a DH.

With the success of Legion, and them hitting a lot of the fan service ideas, I think they are way more open to what the community wants now.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Why cant you? its already happened twice for leather both Monks and Demon Hunters( although i guess they have glaives too) use the same weapons as Rogues

Death knights were a new plate added class that use the same weapons as paladins and warriors so I don't understand this logic. The fact that only one class uses guns/bows/crossbows in combat means something like armor proficiency should not stop such a class from existing.

Exhibit A: DK, War, Pal

Exhibit B: DH, Rogue, Monk

Sure you can. I mean, look at all the sword, ax, mace wielding plate classes or the staff cloth classes.

I would also like to see a single glaive wielding Ranger spec.

Would satisfy the Warden/Shadow Hunter fantasy.

yeah i am going to assumed your brain TOOK A BIG ASS FART.

when haven't they done it lolz?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I mean hunters have enough competition for mail armour and bows already, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I would also like to see a single glaive wielding Ranger spec.

Would satisfy the Warden/Shadow Hunter fantasy.
    well i am thinking of a hunter spec mixed with affliction in play style *shadow dots* but some new catchy mechanic *like placing 5 void debuffs and then blowing a cd/high untility/damage channel/arrow

a melee spec using duel weilding for tanking or dps *not sure what would be better*

and we know they are ok with 2 spec classes, can't really think of a third without watering down the other two

anyways DARK RANGER fills a fantasy not yet fulfilled and since we got a void expansion, Alleria and sylvanas seem to becoming the front characters, a dark ranger/void ranger seems perfect time to add *specially if they add high elfs as a subrace* then we can has HE/BE/Human/Undead dark rangers
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2017-09-13 at 02:43 AM.

I think blizzard is setting up for a void based class. Old God expansion could be next and building up for void lords for future expansions, at the same time heroes could start to tap into the void like alleria giving us a whole new class in two expansions. Makes more sense to get a class based on the next major story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    I think blizzard is setting up for a void based class. Old God expansion could be next and building up for void lords for future expansions, at the same time heroes could start to tap into the void like alleria giving us a whole new class in two expansions. Makes more sense to get a class based on the next major story arc.
    i am thinking it;s next expansion as we know we are getting VOID + NAGA MOST LIKELY

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Yeah I mean hunters have enough competition for mail armour and bows already, right?
    It's more about the difference in gameplay a different set of armor brings than about loot competition... Personal loot got that somewhat covered.

Since all weapons are hunter weapons how do you not do this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    It's more about the difference in gameplay a different set of armor brings than about loot competition... Personal loot got that somewhat covered.
    The what? ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    Why cant you? its already happened twice for leather both Monks and Demon Hunters( although i guess they have glaives too) use the same weapons as Rogues
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Death knights were a new plate added class that use the same weapons as paladins and warriors so I don't understand this logic. The fact that only one class uses guns/bows/crossbows in combat means something like armor proficiency should not stop such a class from existing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Exhibit A: DK, War, Pal

Exhibit B: DH, Rogue, Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Taukra Goundin View Post
    Sure you can. I mean, look at all the sword, ax, mace wielding plate classes or the staff cloth classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    yeah i am going to assumed your brain TOOK A BIG ASS FART.

when haven't they done it lolz?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Since all weapons are hunter weapons how do you not do this?
    So instead of normal arrows this class shoots shadow arrows? STOP TALKING RIGHT NOW I'M ALREADY SOLD!

They should just replace survival with a void based spec lol. Maybe a tether like Destiny style. Crates orbs to unleash a super void ability

The what? ?
    ... I meant armor types, I shouldn't be on forums at night.

Ex: a rogue being a melee dps with leather armor really has to deal differently with 3 mobs than a warrior dps with plate armor would and by the same logic it would be more interesting if both archer classes didn't have the same armor type.

i would very much love a void ranger, either in the form of a new class or a new spec.

i'd honestly like to see a light or void infused spec for every class.