Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Really, who the fuck cares? Take pride in your own accomplishments, not the ones of your forebearers.
    You gotta be one of those 'legionnaire fans' that can't see how cringy they are.
    Ofc, thats what im advocating, do something. Dont be a loser tard and ender of a line.

Have you read what ill be doing? Or shall i show you some bricks you little leftist?
    Hows the job at mcdonalds? Bring me that fucking hamburger at once, ill be throwing the money on the floor so you pick them up.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-09-14 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If you're a person of science, meaning you see the world as science describes it, then if you choose not to have kids there is little reason for your existence, you're a burden on the world as you contribute to global warming and entropy.
    Stop being a burden on the world by producing more burdens for it to carry.

Science!

I see the world as science describes it, and I see your sentiment as highly irrational.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Stop being a burden on the world by producing more burdens for it to carry.

Science!

I see the world as science describes it, and I see your sentiment as highly irrational.
    You have to admit, not everyone can spin an emotional argument into "science" quite like Hubs.

I decided never to have children

There are far too many stupid people breeding without the wit or ability to afford or care for kids and I didn't want to add to the problem.........
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    I decided never to have children

There are far too many stupid people breeding without the wit or ability to afford or care for kids and I didn't want to add to the problem.........
    I just put it down to there being more human beings on the planet now alive today then there ever has been, and we are seeing what that does to the planet, all the garbage we produce, so much so there's a massive island of human waste floating on the seas surface, rainforests are depleting, ocean levels rising, we are the cause of this, so if a major catastrophic event occurs that culls humanity hard, it won't be a bad thing for the planet and other lifeforms on it
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Yes. Have as many kids as possible to become king of the trailer park.
    Reminded me of this:

Where on earth do you work that people feel so strongly about this!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Now what do you guys think? Is it morally reprehensible to choose not to have children?
    Not in the slightest.

No. If they find it so morally reprehensible then they can decide to pop out another one and raise it themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an extremest view to say you are "wrong" for not having children!
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-09-14 at 11:06 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    This is the most bizarre thing I've read in a long time. Morally reprehensible? And people got riled up enough to storm off over it? I'd love to have been a fly on the wall watching that happen, because I literally can't comprehend an argument for that stance that can't be immediately dismissed

If you think terms like morally reprehensible is suitable for this topic what do you use to describe corruption and people who abuse children? The word you were looking for is "wrong" and no, it isn't. Dictating that everyone must have children is an act that actually would be morally reprehensible.

quite the opposite. it's morally reprehensible to have kids.

you see, no person can be asked whether they want life or not. nobody has a choice in being born. that is wrong.

once they're born, they can either suffer through life or die. neither of those options are very good.

These are the people I love fucking with. I could agree 100% with them, yet still drive them out of the room.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I'll answer that with another question, is it morally correct to have children if you are certain that you would not be the best parent that you could be?
    That's a really, really low bar you set there for arguing against having children.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

It's not morally reprehensible but it is dumb.

There is no good reason to determine you to decide not to have children except for physical reasons ( possible or even certain death at birth).

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I actually find it admirable when people choose not to have children most of the time. Plenty of kids need adopting more than we need another them.
    This is a good point.

I mean take me for example, I've just got out of a long term relationship and I'm not overly fussed about getting another partner. That will probably change in the future, but lets assume it doesn't one day I'd like to have kids. Adopting is a far better option than knocking someone up for the sake of getting a child.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I had this conversation a few times at a job that literally employed every type of person for the same work. It would segue into it when it came up that I don't want kids.

I noticed that the view that not having kids is a selfish thing to do, is more common among middle-aged women in particular. I figured it had to do with empathy in some way.

I really can't see how it would be selfish to choose not to overpopulate this planet even further.
    The only logical argument would be that the native people in my country has a declining and unsustainable birth rate (below 2 children per woman), and thus I should have children to mitigate that.

Really, if anything the selfish thing to do is to have your own kids just because you want it to have your genes. The better option is to adopt.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    My reason is simply that I am selfish with my money and time. I have no interest in the costs of raising a child for 18 years. My g/f and I are in agreement on this.

Funny though, I do live in a basement, but it is basement apartment that her and I live in. This is not a house with relatives. Just a cheap apartment that we can pay for and have more than 1/2 our income to ourselves.
    word. to each their own, once you have them though you see why they're really cool to have. kids i mean. girlfriends too i guess. and a basement, wish my house had a basement.....
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    word. to each their own, once you have them though you see why they're really cool to have. kids i mean. girlfriends too i guess. and a basement, wish my house had a basement.....
    That's the point, i'm not having them. lol.

I know exactly what it is like to have children. I have nieces, and many of my friends have children. I'm not ignorant to how people feel about their children. It just doesn't interest me.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.