Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    Where the fuck do you live that it costs $20 for a single movie ticket?
    I currently live in Austria and here you pay around ~14-15 USD for a movie ticket, at least for movies in 3D. Granted that is still not 20 USD, but just add one drink and you are good to go.

WAAHH How DARE Blizzard not realize I have no self-control when it comes to spending!

Deleted
    The price for EU is less if you would buy 2 mounts separately (without any discounts), so this alone is relatively worthwile. And if you have problems with spending occasional 30 Euros on your favorite hobby, then you should either check your finances or your priorities. Honestly, don't you have any worthwile problems than this price tag?

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    You don't pay for the mounts, you pay for the virtual ticket.

No one has ever forced you to pre-order or buy other Blizzard games, JUST to get the goodies in WoW. The same goes for other video games.
    100% wrong. You can't be serious.

$39.99 is fine taken into account the monthly budget of you Americans.
    Down here on Brazil the price is R$ 140,00 and the minimum wage is R$ 900,00. This price is like 16% our monthly budget.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never understand those people who pay a company 40$ to watch the advertisements of their products just to feel as they were part of the Blizzard family.
    They will never be, they will just remain noname costumers that pay!
    You will get all the news the next day on all community sites.
    It's like Tom Sawyer who let the other children pay to do his convict labour (paint the wall).

I love Blizzard games ! But making money this way is just cheeky.
    Please sell your games for a high price, please sell your goodie bags and virtual goodies. Please reduce you marketing and advertising costs by selling tickets for visitors.
    But stop selling 40$ tickets for a freaking livestream. That's just disgusting.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love watching all the content every year so it's a bonus to me that this year's WoW gift is a cool mount. I will admit I felt a little jipped on the price of the ticket when certain stages weren't streamed at previous years like the voice actors or technical and design stages. Thankfully they seem to be making the virtual ticket far more worth the price this year by streaming just about everything.

It's a yearly tradition for me to book those days off and just nerd out to all the stuff. Can't put a price on some genuine nerd happiness
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I currently live in Austria and here you pay around ~14-15 USD for a movie ticket, at least for movies in 3D. Granted that is still not 20 USD, but just add one drink and you are good to go.
    Yea...here iMax costs $10, 3D (stupid fad bullshit) is $12, and we have a $3 theater that shows recent but not new films.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

And yeah, the mount is deliberately made so unique that we feel we need to buy it.

But I could buy Total War Warhammer 2 for that money, or other triple-AAA retail game.

And remember that this is $39.99 in USD. There's no provisions for local currencies. In some currencies, $39.99 USD is a month's wages.
    1) It's two mounts.
    2) its a virtual ticket to blizzcon. I purchased one last year for the first time, but the main reason i did was to watch Wierd Al live. Overall I think the annoucements were mostly immediately on mmo-champion or other sites, with only a few details that were not immediately available to the public, so its your choice if you want to buy one.
    3) If 39.99 is a months wages then the 12-15 bucks a month it costs you to subscribe to wow is almost half your monthly salary. You probably shouldnt be wasting that much money on WoW in the first place and you have no reason to complain.

I still don't understand why people would pay [any amount] for a company to advertise their products to them. If anything they should pay/reward the costumer, not the other way round.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valnoressa View Post
    I love watching all the content every year so it's a bonus to me that this year's WoW gift is a cool mount. I will admit I felt a little jipped on the price of the ticket when certain stages weren't streamed at previous years like the voice actors or technical and design stages. Thankfully they seem to be making the virtual ticket far more worth the price this year by streaming just about everything.

It's a yearly tradition for me to book those days off and just nerd out to all the stuff. Can't put a price on some genuine nerd happiness
    100% this for me ^^^^^

If you don't understand why people would pay $40 for the virtual ticket wait until I tell you how much people pay Pay Per View for a UFC fight! (Hint: it's more than double the virtual ticket)

Dunno. If anything, I feel hate and grief about the fact that blizzard sell fly mounts which are useless like 80% of time, because of absurd and idiotic noflying philosophy wow devs force upon players. Price is just like that - free stuff is free
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    THE RAGE AROUSES ME!

Good grief! It is Blizzcon. IT IS OPTIONAL!

You get ingame benefits!
    Mounts!
    Skins!
    YOU ARE VISUALLY AND DIGITALLY INVITED TO A BLIZZCON! = BLIZZARD CONVENTION!

No one or anyone is forced! Its optional! If you miss out on the exclusives then that it is not Blizzards faults! IT IS YOURS! Things cost money!

Hells bells! You moaners need culling! You ruin it for us who are devote fans as your moans are listened to and responded to rather than us fans and our praise!

If you can not afford the exchange rate given price either better your self and get a better job, Stop leeching off of your parents or just work to spend the cash and stop being and dick!

Poor people get to see blizzcon content eventually i dont know where is the problem, its just another way of supporting the game. If you cant afford it just wait for youtube with other plebs as for mount well you can always be passenger

Are they putting a gun to your head and saying... "Buy it". Are you being forced to get the mount. Mot people will use it because it's "New and unique" as soon as half the population on the server is riding it, most will never use it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Are they putting a gun to your head and saying... "Buy it". Are you being forced to get the mount. Mot people will use it because it's "New and unique" as soon as half the population on the server is riding it, most will never use it again.
    Until a couple years later when everyone forgets about it and you pop it back up and look like a boss. Member Tyrael's Charger??

Yeah the ticket is overpriced but people pay it, Blizzard didn't get rich by accident.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

And yeah, the mount is deliberately made so unique that we feel we need to buy it.

But I could buy Total War Warhammer 2 for that money, or other triple-AAA retail game.

And remember that this is $39.99 in USD. There's no provisions for local currencies. In some currencies, $39.99 USD is a month's wages.
    Or, you know, you can always farm in-gold game which cost you nothing (other than time, but if you are complaining about that price I will assume time is something you have a lot of) and then use that gold to buy tokens which you can convert to battle.net balance then buy it with that. :thinking: