Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What? Robbery?

If you don't like the price, you don't buy it.

And for the record... it's not for the mount... the mount (pets and the other stuff) are a bonus. The ticket is for the streaming. If you buy the ticket for the mount it's your choice, but that's not what they're selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    except it's not? and you know this? so why the fuck is this thread still even open.
    no kidding... lock this thread down already. people are just talking in circles now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Conventions? Sure. In-game items only available to those conventions? It happens a lot, but certainly not everywhere and all the time.

You'd be right. Blizzcon itself is not a WoW product. The in-game rewards are, however.

Even though I prefer the looks of in-game mounts over the store and Blizzcon mounts, I don't think that's a market we as consumers should strive for. So I don't find that an acceptable reason.

Even through Blizzard's own pricing, I appear to be overpaying them as is through subscription fees. An expansion is $40 and a subscription is $15. I can not say that I'm getting expansion levels of content every 3 months. I can't really hold that against them, though, as creating content at that rate is completely unreasonable. That said, from my perspective, they're not in a position to ask for even more of my money.
    You're not paying for the mounts. You're paying for the entire virtual ticket. The goodies are always a bonus. The virtual ticket has always cost $40, and BlizzCon has always given away virtual goodies that come inside a bag. So it's nothing new, you subscribe and buy the expansions for the core game, you don't subscribe and pay the xpac money for outside promotions.

For one, these cosmetic items don't even affect gameplay. Secondly, they make these items for the devoted crowd that wants a token for their participation (to the convention, not the game), and for those who donate to charities. It has always been like this for any convention made for dedicated fans of any media franchise (hell, even graduations or ceremonies do this). It's not going to change.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-09-15 at 04:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised the ticket is "just" 29,99€ in the Eurozone. I'm gonna wait and see what the other games are going to get before I make a purchase. The two mounts are super awesome looking, but at the moment it's still too much for me to consider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    You're not paying for the mounts. You're paying for the entire virtual ticket. The goodies are always a bonus. The virtual ticket has always cost $40, and BlizzCon has always given away virtual goodies that come inside a bag. So it's nothing new, you subscribe and buy the expansions for the core game, you don't subscribe and pay the xpac money for outside promotions.
    You're paying for everything included in the bundle, including the mounts. If you weren't paying for the mounts, then you wouldn't need to buy a ticket to get them. Bonuses is a way of saying bundle, because it functions exactly the same. In order to get the mounts, you have to pay $40. Therefore, you are paying for them. There is no way to get them without purchasing a ticket.

People buy tickets for different reasons and as a few have pointed out, some people only buy the ticket for the mounts and the rest is 'extra'.

For one, these cosmetic items don't even affect gameplay.
    Cosmetics affecting gameplay or not is irrelevant and was never brought up. If the total number of mounts was 90% store mounts and you could still obtain the mount meta achievement from the 10%, people would still repeat that.

Secondly, they make these items for the devoted crowd that wants a token for their participation (to the convention, not the game)
    Give them a keychain or another irl gift then. Out of game reward for an out of game event.

It has always been like this for any convention made for dedicated fans of any media franchise (hell, even graduations or ceremonies do this).
    None of those give in-game items. While some conventions may do it, it's most certainly not all. I even provided an example.

It's not going to change.
    It's not something that I expect Blizzard to change, either.

I just bought mine with tokens.

You mad OP?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're paying for everything included in the bundle, including the mounts. If you weren't paying for the mounts, then you wouldn't need to buy a ticket to get them. Bonuses is a way of saying bundle, because it functions exactly the same. In order to get the mounts, you have to pay $40. Therefore, you are paying for them. There is no way to get them without purchasing a ticket.

People buy tickets for different reasons and as a few have pointed out, some people only buy the ticket for the mounts and the rest is 'extra'.

Cosmetics affecting gameplay or not is irrelevant and was never brought up. If the total number of mounts was 90% store mounts and you could still obtain the mount meta achievement from the 10%, people would still repeat that.

Give them a keychain or another irl gift then. Out of game reward for an out of game event.

None of those give in-game items. While some conventions may do it, it's most certainly not all. I even provided an example.
    They already give it out keychains. And they can't ship physical items to digital viewers due to painfully obvious reasons. Tokens of appreciation have no rules, and people who've wanted to attend BlizzCon had been asking for a digital livestream for years. If you don't want to attend BlizzCon, regardless of the format, then it's not for you.

It's not just conventions that do it. For WoW, the promos that cost money so far: Mountain Dew, the Olympics, the Trading Card Games, Starcraft, Diablo III, Overwatch, year subscription, Recruit a Friend, Collector's Editions, Make-A-Wish, hurricane relief, and Blizzard store plushies.

WoW is not the exception. You see it in other games: Rift's Razer promo, Disneyland promos for VMK and Infinity, Pokemon within conventions, etc.

Music albums do this, and fans never complain and blame the distributor/artist for being unable to afford exclusive editions of new releases. Same with other promos. If you really want something, then you save up and buy it. You insist that you don't want them, but your persistence says otherwise. They've had digital items in every Blizzcon, all I have left to say is: better prepare next time, Illidan warned you throughout the entire xpac, as did every past Blizzcon.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-09-15 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmike06 View Post
    Are all of you broke?
    Yes. Extremely.

Dear god, send help
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already give it out keychains. And they can't ship physical items to digital viewers due to painfully obvious reasons. Tokens of appreciation have no rules, and people who've wanted to attend BlizzCon had been asking for a digital livestream for years. If you don't want to attend BlizzCon, regardless of the format, then it's not for you.

It's not just conventions that do it. For WoW, the promos that cost money so far: Mountain Dew, the Olympics, the Trading Card Games, Starcraft, Diablo III, Overwatch, year subscription, Recruit a Friend, Collector's Editions, Make-A-Wish, hurricane relief, and Blizzard store plushies.

WoW is not the exception. You see it in other games: Rift's Razer promo, Disneyland promos for VMK and Infinity, Pokemon within conventions, etc.

Music albums do this, and fans never complain and blame the distributor/artist for being unable to afford exclusive editions of new releases. Same with other promos. If you really want something, then you save up and buy it. You insist that you don't want them, but your persistence says otherwise. They've had digital items in every Blizzcon, all I have left to say is: better prepare next time, Illidan warned you throughout the entire xpac, as did every past Blizzcon.
    Why do digital viewers needs anything? After all, they're paying for the tickets. Give them a month or two of membership to go along with it if they need to. There are many options that aren't limited to "give them exclusive WoW in-game items".

It being in other games is not a free pass. Those games are just as bad. Guild Wars locked story patches behind a paywall. Do we need to see that in WoW as well "because other games do it"? Oh god no.

You insist that you don't want them, but your persistence says otherwise.
    My persistence? You mean me simply replying and defending my point when people "call me out"? Count the number of posts from me in this thread that were directed at someone not quoting me.

It's simply a practice I don't support. You can't use the persistence card against me when you're the one constantly calling me back in here.

It's not robbery because you have a choice to pay for it. Get a grip on life! What the heck is wrong with you lot sometimes? Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    It's not robbery because you have a choice to pay for it. Get a grip on life! What the heck is wrong with you lot sometimes? Sheesh.
    is it really that hard to guess ? they have shit jobs which is why they cant afford nice things and instead working on changing it they spend 20-30 hours a week playing a video game and escaping from reality -_-

maybe they should play less and focus on finding a decent work .

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    right, after that argument I can call you a Nazi right?

Well the skyrocketing of the token price suggest otherwise but you seem to have some problems with logic, math and efficiency.
    (Hint just for you: thanks to talpa talk you can post while traveling to work very easy and comfortable but I guess you dont know such a thing...)
    lol mate are you honestly implying that more people pay for WoW with gold than with real money? Yeah, I'm the one having problems with "logic, math and efficiency".

Also I'd love to see you hysterically replying to posts on a video game forum while you're on your way to work. Sad!

if only you could buy it with the gold you make by just playing the game

oh wait

Don't like the price? Don't buy it.

I certainly never have, and never will. But you don't see me whining about it.

Deleted
    $40 for a weekend of entertainment is worth

You're entitled to think that the price is not worth it, but I would have bought it to watch with friends whether it had in game perks or not.

Stop getting butthurt that someone doesn't agree with you. I'm free to express my dislikes.

The best part is how I dropped it, but you crybabies keep getting offended by it. So in your own words:
    This is the time on Sprockets where you go away.

I'll be buying it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    This is the time on Sprockets where you go away.
    I don't get it, do you want me to stay or leave?

Me: *Leaves*
    You: Hey, come back here!
    Me: *Comes back*
    You: Why are you still here? Leave!

You're sending mixed signals, bud. I find it hilarious how often this exact thing happens on this site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do digital viewers needs anything? After all, they're paying for the tickets. Give them a month or two of membership to go along with it if they need to. There are many options that aren't limited to "give them exclusive WoW in-game items".

It being in other games is not a free pass. Those games are just as bad. Guild Wars locked story patches behind a paywall. Do we need to see that in WoW as well "because other games do it"? Oh god no.

My persistence? You mean me simply replying and defending my point when people "call me out"? Count the number of posts from me in this thread that were directed at someone not quoting me.

It's simply a practice I don't support. You can't use the persistence card against me when you're the one constantly calling me back in here.
    That's the whole point, buyers don't need anything, hence why Blizzard can give out whatever they want at any price. Clearly you've never seen or heard of a souvenir. If you want it, go buy it and stop shitposting.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-09-21 at 05:48 AM.