Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

A good painkiller.

I have been suffering from headaches ever since I was a child and sometimes it gets overwhelming so I need painkillers. Can anyone recommend me a good painkiller for headaches that's available for the international market?
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Deleted
    paracetamol or ibuprofen. if it doesn't help or it's frequent see a doctor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vodka.
    Oh whiskey.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ibuprofen, acetaminophen (or paracetamol, depending where in the world you live), naproxen. If you want something stronger in most places, you'll need to see a doctor. And there's a reason for that. Self-medicating with opioids doesn't typically go well. (Even with strict regulations, we have a major opioid epidemic going on right now in America, and the bulk of those drugs were prescribed.)

No idea what prescription drug regulations are like in Croatia, though. The three over-the-counter analgesics listed above are pretty much the only legal options here in the U.S. without a prescription.
    Last edited by Kaeth; 2017-09-16 at 11:09 AM.

Something that I was told recently, and that I have found to be true for me; is that taking painkillers after you have a full blown headache does not help.

When you first start to notice that you have the start of a headache, that is when you should be taking the painkillers.

I personally use paracetamol or ibuprofen. ibuprofen I only use if it doesn't help taking paracetamol.

I also find that Cannabis is a very good painkiller, if it doesn't lessen the pain per say, it at least makes you not really care.
    Last edited by Quibble; 2017-09-16 at 11:14 AM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Weed, no joke.

Deleted
    Go see a doctor. Alternatively, go talk to your local pharmacy about the best over the counter pain meds.

Treating pain that lasts for more than a few days to a week (depending on severity and if you know the cause) without seeking medical attention from a Doc isn't a great idea.

As to painkillers, others have mentioned common over the counter options already.

I'll only note that acetaminophen (AKA paracetamol) should be avoided if you have liver issues or drink frequently as it could lead to dangerous and even fatal toxicities.
    Both ibuprofen and naproxen can also increase your blood pressure and even infrequent use has been linked to increased risk for heart disease.

Speak with a Doc, get an idea of why you're hurting. Don't discount non-pharmacological cures, there is no drug which does not carry risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ketoprofen or Weed

Deleted
    Metamizole is the only thing that I can rely on. Ibu seems to work better on wound pain or bruises...

A good laugh? Isn't medical advice prohibited on the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    I have been suffering from headaches ever since I was a child and sometimes it gets overwhelming so I need painkillers. Can anyone recommend me a good painkiller for headaches that's available for the international market?
    How about asking your doctor and not randoms on the internet?

You should try pills containing a mix of paracetamol (acetaminophen) and codeine, if you haven't already. The name of the meds varies a lot, not least in regards to geography, but the combination is quite common. Requires a prescription though, but if your symptoms are strong enough, that shouldn't really be an issue.

I've had headaches all my life, and let me tell you, this is the only thing that's ever worked for me: Jerk off every single time you get a headache. Eventually you'll condition your body in a Pavlovian way to respond to them with instantaneous orgasm. Then your biggest problem will be where to find enough rubber pants. If you solve that one, you let me know.

If you want just pure pain relief and don't care about the side effects: Cocodamol. They'll fuck you up though if you take them regularly.

If you want a long term solution: change your diet or get more exercise. I'm a long term sufferer of migraines and headaches too. When I got a job though I started going out a lot more and getting a lot more exercise, and i went from 2-3 headaches a day with a migraine every week, to one headache maybe every 3-4 days and no migraines at all. Even doing something as simple as taking a glass of water and sitting on a chair in your back garden for 30 mins a day will relax the shit out of you, give you a ton of air and generally just make you feel good.

Anything else (paracetamol, ibruprofen) doesn't seem to work for me.

Alongside some of the above suggestions, you should also get an ice pack, for the back of your neck.

When I had to have a double root canal a few years ago, Paramol annihilated the pain that made the surgery necessary.

I don't recommend Cocodamol; someone at work takes that daily to help him sleep, and he has about one shit a week.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Ibuprofen, acetaminophen (or paracetamol, depending where in the world you live), naproxen. If you want something stronger in most places, you'll need to see a doctor. And there's a reason for that. Self-medicating with opioids doesn't typically go well. (Even with strict regulations, we have a major opioid epidemic going on right now in America, and the bulk of those drugs were prescribed.)

No idea what prescription drug regulations are like in Croatia, though. The three over-the-counter analgesics listed above are pretty much the only legal options here in the U.S. without a prescription.
    We don't get prescribed anything here, we just get said to use a painkiller mostly. I mean I'm sure it's not a lethal disease I have a problem with neck, nerves in the neck and probably it's the cause of headaches.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

15+ Year Old Account
    My cousin gets really bad migraines, he uses MIDOL to treat the worst ones. Yes, those are pills for periods, but they work, just gotta be secure in your masculinity!