View Poll Results: Should Harvard have accepted Michelle Jones?

Voters
10. This poll is closed
  • Yes

1 10.00%
  • No

9 90.00%

Harvard proves that its still racist by rejecting Michelle Jones

This is an absolute travesty. I can understand why Harvard would rescind the acceptance of people who posted racist memes on the internet, but this case is nothing like that. This woman served her time, so why should Harvard hold it against her that she just so happened to beat her 4 year old to death 20 years ago? At least she got a nice write up in the New York Times over the whole issue.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/13/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Elizabeth Hinton, one of the Harvard historians who backed Ms. Jones, called her “one of the strongest candidates in the country last year, period.” The case “throws into relief,” she added, the question of “how much do we really believe in the possibility of human redemption?”

The Marshall Project, a nonprofit news organization that focuses on criminal justice and produced this article for The New York Times, obtained internal emails and memos related to Ms. Jones’s application, and interviewed eight professors and administrators involved in reviewing it.

While top Harvard officials typically rubber-stamp departmental admissions decisions, in this case the university’s leadership — including the president, provost, and deans of the graduate school — reversed one, according to the emails and interviews, out of concern that her background would cause a backlash among rejected applicants, conservative news outlets or parents of students.
    infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-09-14 at 08:29 PM.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    I'm not really seeing the racist angle here?

She killed a kid.
    How is that related to racism?

15+ Year Old Account
    Serving your time doesn't suddenly make the beating and murder of a 4 year old okay.

There are plenty of other schools willing to accept her, wouldn't really call it a travesty.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no redemption from killing a child!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You have to be absolutely completely retarded to even think rejecting a child killer is racially motivated.

I'm struggling to find the racial component to this beyond OP shoehorning it in for some reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I'm struggling to find the racial component to this beyond OP shoehorning it in for some reason.
    There was already an attack thread on education about harvard, op just wanted to double down.

I didnt see the racial angle until i clicked the link and realized it was based on the idea that some people have that any negative reaction to a black person HAS to be racially motivated and can't be due to other factors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    You have to be absolutely completely retarded to even think rejecting a child killer is racially motivated.
    I mean some people were accused of racism by SJWs for rejecting that one social activist (Donna Hylton), who gave a speech at the Women's March... They rejected her because she raped (with steel pole) and murdered a gay man.

You can't reason with these kinds of people.

canttelliftrolling.jpg

So, to my understanding, she was accepted to NYU, but wants to go to Harvard so bad, that she will shit on them in the press to try and make this issue a racial issue? WTF! This is so stupid. She should be happy to have gotten into NYU, in the first place!

10+ Year Old Account
    dont make bait threads

closing