Workers at two hospitals disciplined for violations involving patients' genitals

Corrupt people in medical professions need to be brought to light. This poor guy was violated and couldn't do anything about it. Also another guy in Denver was also violated...

(CNN)Numerous medical professionals were disciplined for viewing patients' genitals while they were unconscious or deceased, according to reports detailing separate incidents at two major US health systems.

In December, a man went to a University of Pittsburgh Medical Center hospital for surgery to "remove a foreign body" that caused a genital injury, according to a Pennsylvania Department of Health report.
    A "crowd" of UPMC Bedford nurses and doctors "lined up at the door" of the operating room to take photos and videos of the man's genitals while he was under anesthesia, according to the report.
    The material taken on personal cell phones "had no clinical justification," and staffers "shared those videos and photographs to others uninvolved with the patient's care," the report says.

A couple of the employees in the room tried to curb the situation and stop the photos, according to employee interviews in the report.
    "We are a small hospital, it is commonplace for everyone in the facility to know what cases are coming in. It was a medical curiosity. I respected the patient, I did say, 'Stop, this is a HIPAA violation.' I could not hold anyone back, in the spirit of a medical anomaly I told them they could come in once the patient was asleep," one employee said in an investigation interview.
    HIPAA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, provides for patients' medical privacy.
    Hospital officials flagged the incident to the Pennsylvania Department of Health, launching state and internal investigations.
    The hospital's CEO initially issued a seven-day suspension to the attending physician and another physician who was in the room. When the internal committee completed its investigation, the attending physician received another week of suspension and a few hours of mandatory HIPAA training.

The other doctor, who wasn't involved in the patient's care and not meant to be in the OR, was suspended another 28 days and ordered to receive additional HIPAA training.
    The disciplinary action will remain in the personnel files of the employees involved, the report says, but their names will not be made public.
    UPMC Bedford also appointed a new surgical services nursing director and conducted policy reviews and mandatory staff retraining as a result of the incident, according to the report.
    The state required no further discipline.
    The hospital system has a strict policy against photography not intended for educational purposes or for the benefit of the patient, public relations senior manager Rick Pietzak said in a statement.

"The behavior of these few individuals was abhorrent and intolerable per our policies and standards. Upon discovery, we immediately reported it to the Department of Health, conducted our own investigation, and took disciplinary action, with our corrective action plan approved by the DOH. Although no hospital and no company can prevent every employee from making mistakes or violating policies, we try to do everything possible to protect the health, privacy and dignity of our patients," Pietzak said.
    The Pennsylvania Department of Health declined to comment on the report due to patient privacy issues, spokeswoman April Hutcheson said.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/15/health...als/index.html
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty shitty behavior for "professionals" but if you're sticking shit in your dick hole, you deserve to be mocked.

Deleted
    How freaking bad was that foreign body since they crowded up to see it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Pretty shitty behavior for "professionals" but if you're sticking shit in your dick hole, you deserve to be mocked.
    so victim blaming then?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    It's true, it's an epidemic in the medical community where we just literally cannot stop looking at patient's genitals without their informed consent .

If this is the extent of news regarding malpractice or breach of ethics in medicine then it must be a really slow day. The people in the article was rightfully disciplined and everything is working as intended then I suppose. What exactly are we discussing here again?
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    It's true, it's an epidemic in the medical community where we just literally cannot stop looking at patient's genitals without their informed consent .
    Haha. The guy I'm seeing literally said to me the other day how tired he is of looking at genitals at work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    so victim blaming then?
    Nope. I explicitly stated that their behavior was shitty. Doesn't make the "victim" less of an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    All should face criminal and civil charges resulting in never working in the health field again.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis