Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Explosion on London tube.

Terrified commuters 'ran for their lives' after an explosion on a London Underground train this morning.
    People fled in panic and jumped out train doors after a 'fireball flew down the carriage', leaving several passengers with facial burns on the packed train in Parsons Green, west London.
    Pictures from the District Line train show a burning plastic bucket stashed in a Lidl carrier bag, which is said to have exploded and sent a fireball down the carriage.
    A photograph of the flaming white bucket taken just after it exploded shows a number of wires protruding out of the top and on to the train carriage floor - but police have not yet confirmed if it was a bomb.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7947781.html
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...th-London.html

Forunatley no-one seriously injured.

Good ad for Lidl. Didn't know you had it in London. And people wonder why Germany has so much money... :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

probably a galaxy 7
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Good ad for Lidl. Didn't know you had it in London. And people wonder why Germany has so much money... :P
    There is hundreds of Lidi in the UK, there was 2 in my small hometown.

Shoddy looking bomb.

I don't think anything could accidentally blew up in a massive fireball like that, but atleast whoever made it was an amateur and didn't cause any serious harm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Shoddy looking bomb.

I don't think anything could accidentally blew up in a massive fireball like that, but atleast whoever made it was an amateur and didn't cause any serious harm.
    You'd be surprised at the amount of things that can explode under the right conditions, even if not intended. That said I don't think it was accidental, but let's wait and see.

Good thing no one is seriously injured.

--

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    probably a galaxy 7
    lol, didn't see this coming

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    There is hundreds of Lidi in the UK, there was 2 in my small hometown.
    They're like the plague, aren't they? I'm always surprised that anyone outside Germany would stoop so low as to buy there. But apparently they got the right mixture between discount grocery trash and brands... Milk is milk, right? :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    You'd be surprised at the amount of things that can explode under the right conditions, even if not intended. That said I don't think it was accidental, but let's wait and see.

With that much wiring I doubt this explosion was accidental or unintended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    They're like the plague, aren't they? I'm always surprised that anyone outside Germany would stoop so low as to buy there. But apparently they got the right mixture between discount grocery trash and brands... Milk is milk, right? :P
    Actually thankful Lidl came to Finland. They really shook things up between the two huge cartel chains we have here.

Shoddy looking bomb.

Massive fireball??? Based on the picture, there is zero damage even to the plastic right next to the bag.

There

The explosion did not even damage the seat next to it, or scratch the floor. Even the bucket seems intact
    The firecrackers we use on easter for fun, do more damage to a bucket than that
    Insert "Bomb from Lidl" jokes

15+ Year Old Account
    [IMG]snip[/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Actually thankful Lidl came to Finland. They really shook things up between the two huge cartel chains we have here.
    Looks like a bomb one of the guys from "four Lions" would make.

Haha. UK has Lidl and Aldi.. People would go insane if they ever came to Norway.

Quote Originally Posted by Leobald View Post
    Massive fireball??? Based on the picture, there is zero damage even to the plastic right next to the bag.

There
    A gasoline explosion can cause huge fireball which last just long enough to char some hair but not cause any lasting damage to anything.

I feel that is what has happened here.

10+ Year Old Account

That's what I said is it not? I don't think it was accidental, but I'm keeping the option open of being wrong. I just want some more information such as: any indication to who might have done this, what are the materials used and so forth.

I think we agree on the fact something suspicious happened and it's likely intentional, though very shoddily done.

My cousin is a junior doctor at one of the hospitals taking in victims. Only minor injuries he is saying so far

Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    My cousin is a junior doctor at one of the hospitals taking in victims. Only minor injuries he is saying so far
    I doubt there even will be anything major. There is practically no damage to the train itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Good thing no one is seriously injured.
    3rd degree burns from head to toe - still conscious ... that is probably serious.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    3rd degree burns from head to toe - still conscious ... that is probably serious.
    Did their own clothes ignite or something? The cart right next to the bomb is perfectly fine, it must have been gone in seconds.

Thats one shitty bomb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah that can be considered a life-threatening wound if prompt medical attention isn't given and they aren't started on fluids and antibiotics asap.

Also, how does someone manage to leave something highly visible and not at all inconspicuous on the tube and no one notices it?
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)