Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Will Malfurion and Illidan ever meet this expansion?

It looks increasingly clear, to me, that this brotherly reunion will never happen, and it bugs me. There's no way Malfurion and Tyrande don't know that Illidan is currently at the helm against Sargeras and the Legion.

Yes, I get that they "settled their differences" in WC3, but that doesn't really excuse the story to ignore them when they are so close to each other. Malfurion has been all but forgotten since the end of Xavius. Worse than that, Tyrande has been a no-show since the fall of Ysera. The love triangle is in the same place, during Azeroth's most daunting trial since the War of the Ancients...and they simply don't meet up.

I can't be the only one annoyed by this, am I? Do you guys think they will meet before the end of the expansion? Or will they simply ignore each other.

With how poorly done most of the Malfurion and Tyrande stuff was done I kinda hope they don't sprinkle them back in now.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I was really looking forward to this also, but looks like none of it will happen.

Maybe they'll cover it in book or something but I agree it's really disappointing.

What exactly do you want? All they'd be doing is talking, bickering, perhaps seeing eye to eye a bit after the events of Val'Sharah.
    This kind of NPC one-on-one that doesn't impact the story or explain -why- us the players are doing what we're doing are things best left to the books and short stories, other forms of media.
    Kinda like the whole event after SoO and the aftermath was left inside a book. Blizzard knows they have a lore-hungry market within the fanbase who enjoy reading, and they provide reading material.
    I mean I'm not crapping on the notion of the two interacting at some point, but I don't need it to be in-game imo. But it most likely will happen if it does during the proposed 1-2 mini story patches after Argus.

And I don't know why so many people ignore WoWs lore yet enjoy the game. Always kinda think "wait...what?" When I'm in discord and someone's like "who's this EE-SIR-UH dragon over here?" Or "talk to the Mage dude"... Khadgar??!?
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2017-09-15 at 10:44 PM.

it should be in the book tbh though considering the ending of Argus, it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    What exactly do you want? All they'd be doing is talking, bickering, perhaps seeing eye to eye a bit after the events of Val'Sharah.
    This kind of NPC one-on-one that doesn't impact the story or explain -why- us the players are doing what we're doing are things best left to the books and short stories, other forms of media.
    Kinda like the whole event after SoO and the aftermath was left inside a book. Blizzard knows they have a lore-hungry market within the fanbase who enjoy reading, and they provide reading material.
    I mean I'm not crapping on the notion of the two interacting at some point, but I don't need it to be in-game imo. But it most likely will happen if it does during the proposed 1-2 mini story patches after Argus.
    Any type of interaction would be nice to give the world I'm playing in more depth. I can actually see and interact with the story rather than just picking it up in a book later down the line. It doesn't have to be much, but anything would be better than nothing...I think.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's silly they've left it unresolved, but anything they could of done probably would of just been implemented in game pretty badly too. The real issue here is why the story telling in game is so horrible when the lore is so great ?

Enogh would be just for Tyrande to have anything to say at the end of Nighthold when you click on her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    It's silly they've left it unresolved, but anything they could of done probably would of just been implemented in game pretty badly too. The real issue here is why the story telling in game is so horrible when the lore is so great ?
    I don't agree that its horrible, but at the end of the day WoW is a game and so... gameplay takes precident.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

"I fear that the time may soon come that our bond is tested and it will not be as it was at Zin'Azshari." Malfurion did say this in vanilla. Blizzard did plan to have the two involving in some plot but they likely scrapped it. Illidan will be gone by the end of this xpac and who knows whne Malfurion will ever get screentime again.

I do want SOME dialogue from Malfurion about Illidan. Would like to see them talk but at this point, I'll take what I can get. I like the book idea, flesh this out rather than just letting them remain essentially just npcs toward one another.

Arator + Turalyon + Veressa was lackluster. Expected more, maybe afterward...
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Nope. Tyrande was at the Nighthold and they didn't so much as awkwardly glance at each other. Malfurion isn't on Argus, he won't speak to his brother ever again.

Pretty much just like in TBC.

Is there any real need for forced interactions? Personally, if I'm in their places, I'd do my best to avoid any interaction with the other. It'd be - at best - awkward as hell. Do they need more drama in their broken relationship that much?
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

7+ Year Old Account
    Personally I picture the Furion and Illidan interaction to go something like this.

Velen: Malfurion, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that we defeated the Legion and prevented the death of countless world. The bad news is that your brother Illidan gave his life for our cause.
    Malfurion: I thought you said their was bad news?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I was really looking forward to this also, but looks like none of it will happen.

Maybe they'll cover it in book or something but I agree it's really disappointing.
    As is a lot of possible lore elements this patch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I don't agree that its horrible, but at the end of the day WoW is a game and so... gameplay takes precident.
    That doesn't mean you can't weave a decent and satisfying story, it never has done
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Not all players care about the story of the game they play. It's bizarre to me since even when I wasn't reading into it, I still bothered to read quest text and I picked up on stuff.
    Some people can't even name half the important characters in WoW

Pretty sure Asmongold couldn't even remember who Al'Akir was.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Not all players care about the story of the game they play. It's bizarre to me since even when I wasn't reading into it, I still bothered to read quest text and I picked up on stuff.
    Some people can't even name half the important characters in WoW

Pretty sure Asmongold couldn't even remember who Al'Akir was.
    I mean, Asmongold isn't the brightest bulb.

Most of the top dogs should be at the ship fighting the Legion and the only guys we had overt here are Khadgar and Velen, them we had some important lieutenant but seriously, guys like Malfurion, Tyrande, Manduin, Sylvanas, Thrall and our allies from Broken islands should be there as well, Mayla, some representant of Farondis and Odyn

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    It's not like it would be too hard though.

I mean, I thought what they added on the Vindicaar was pretty interesting, how you could talk to certain NPCs and hear them chat with each other about concerns and worries. It just adds a bit more depth to the game, a bit more immersion that "this is a serious threat".

Granted, something as big as Malfurion and Illidan probably can't be demoted to just a side chat, but it would still be better than nothing.

Malfurion and Tyrande have sucked so royally this entire expansion. Id rather forget about the both of them. Personally, id rather think Illidan is in the "fuck them both, ive got bigger things on my plate" frame of mind.