Poll: SC MMO or WC4

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

If Blizzard did: Starcraft the MMO, or Warcraft 4

Ignoring the fanmade SC MMO which isnt canon or truly legitimate, and the Warcraft 4 fan made stuff in SC2...

Assuming blizzard does decide to make a new project based on these two titles, which would you rather see of these two, Starcraft the MMO, or Warcraft 4.

Where is the option for neither?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Where is the option for neither?
    Kind works the same as not replying.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 4, without a doubt. I've wanted a standalone Warcraft game since III came out 15 years ago.

Deleted
    For me starcraft the MMO, if done right it can even become better then WoW back in the day since you have spacetravel and can have spacebattles ect.

Starcraft MMO can actually be the next step into MMO field and be far more important in the videogame industry then a warcraft 4 RTS.

15+ Year Old Account
    SC II mmo but Id hate for the story to pick up after legacy of the void. It made everything and everyone so one-dimensional, sucks

Im pretty sure Blizzard will never make an MMORPG ever again. If they do they will have to invent a whole new formula and that's why they scrapped Titan.

WC4 makes more sense than a SC mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Warcraft 4, without a doubt. I've wanted a standalone Warcraft game since III came out 15 years ago.
    Cant deny that is one of the core reasons im biased in favor of it.

Though I will say the formula in which SC is playing out feels alot like the way WC3 did when they were building WoW.

I voted warcraft 4 I think the days of mmos are done at least for new ones.

Argus feels a little like what I would expect from a Starcraft MMO.

starcraft mmo.

i'd kill to play a dark templar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 4, to use it as a setup for World of Warcraft 2.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I've never been interested in the Starcraft games and WC3 is my favorite game of all time, so the choice is rather obvous for me. I'd be surprised if Blizzard ever made another MMORPG. RTS may not be hot either but its easier to make a quality game out of it without taking to much risks, which isn't something Blizzard likes to take these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see them doing either really.

MMO's are just too expensive to make and Blizzard learned a hard lesson with Titan. Warcraft IV would be great but despite how much I would like the idea I don't see a huge market for RTS games either.

It's more likely that you'll see some sort of RPG like Skyrim than either of those other two things and while I would be on a Skyrim-in-Azeroth game in a heartbeat I don't really see them doing that either.

If you want to guess their next game look at some area of social gaming they haven't yet covered.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Starcraft MMO. I'd love to have something like that and honestly I like the starcraft rts games more than the warcraft ones and don't see sc3 happening anytime soon anyway.

People complain if a few WoW zones are dark, have you ever noticed that the entire world of Starcraft is kinda dark and bleak?
    Never liked any of the SciFi Fantasy MMOs, for that matter.

Would love a WC4 though.

Deleted
    StarCraft MMO for sure! We already have WoW for anyone who likes WarCraft anyway and WoW will last for decades more.

Starcraft MMO for me, I'm just not as into single player games as I used to be and really enjoy the slow progression from level 1 nobody to max level hero that MMOs convey.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Warcraft 4, to use it as a setup for World of Warcraft 2.
    This. WC4 (and a couple of expansions ala SC2) could lay the foundations for a WoW2, with a fresh engine that allows for a more "evolving" world without the need to redo the entire map every single time.

A StarCraft MMO would be quite risky imo. For some reason, sci-fi based MMOs have always been received with lukewarmness at best. I still remember Westwood Studios, the creators of the highly successful Command & Conquer RTS series back in the 90's. They set out to create maybe the first space MMO ever, Earth & Beyond. Now, Westwood at the time was as renowned among gamers as Blizzard is now, and yet the MMO flopped really hard. So hard that soon thereafter, Westwood was on the edge of bankruptcy and it was absorbed into (or rather killed by) EA.

The only exception afaik is EVE, but I don't picture Blizz making a clone of it, it's too far from its "comfort zone" so to speak. Maybe a SC (or rather Warcraft imo) based Skyrim?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Ignoring the fanmade SC MMO which isnt canon or truly legitimate, and the Warcraft 4 fan made stuff in SC2...

Assuming blizzard does decide to make a new project based on these two titles, which would you rather see of these two, Starcraft the MMO, or Warcraft 4.
    a) Diablo MMO
    b) Warcraft IV
    c) Warcraft I-III Remastered
    d) Anything Else
    e) StarCraft MMORPG