Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupen202 View Post
    400 Dresaron

Would be amazing.

I need this. So much.

I think mount achieves shouldn't include purchased ones.

But then again - Blizzard would lose a lot of money if they did that

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I just want them to include this mount:

It's just.. Too gorgeous never to see ingame.

I just want to ride around on that thing all day on my Frost Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'll have to check later, but the achievement shouldn't work that way, since it specifically says "Usable by a single character".
    I believe the consensus based on API evidence and such as seen on the Secret Finding Discord (which has a nice mounts section) is that specifically 7.2 class mounts (sans druid) count towards the achievement on all characters, whether or not they can use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Fuck toucans, we need a parrot! Arr!
    Fuck PARROTS! we still need a SNAIL mount!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    1. Stop being an edgy little snowflake. It is traditional to have an achievement every 50 mounts
    Not true - after that logic we would have new pet and toy achivements already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    They are counted towards your achievement.
    nope they dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    nope they dont.
    Go ahead and tell that to the people in the mount thread here on mmochamp and on the official WoW achievements board who have had their totals bounce up because of extra class mounts they got from completing the quest chain on their alts / specs.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Treno View Post
    I believe the consensus based on API evidence and such as seen on the Secret Finding Discord (which has a nice mounts section) is that specifically 7.2 class mounts (sans druid) count towards the achievement on all characters, whether or not they can use them.
    Seems unintended then, but it's true actually.

Don't have class mount on shaman, still comes up as 243 mounts total on the achievement. Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausername25 View Post
    Well exactly. I've only got 290 now (and that's thanks to the 7.3 mounts). I'll be damned if anyone is going to tell me that 300 is an easy achievement when I spend most of my time grinding to increase the number by +1. Anyone with well over 300 mounts is an insane farmer. That's not meant to be offensive. Well done to you. But you are an insane farmer if you have that many mounts.

Edit: or are insanely lucky and don't even consider the solar firehawk to be rare.
    If you collect for a long time, they eventually add up. The grinds are spaced out because you tend to do them when they're current content, the RNG eventually relents so you'll eventually have most/all of the rare drop ones, and you get to collect a few unobtainable mounts along the way. But for someone just starting, 300, maybe even 250 are still very hard achievements and they will take months, maybe even more than a year to complete, and they should not be dismissed lightly.

It might even be harder in some ways for a new collector, because some of the older models are legitimately unexciting now and you'd only get them for the count. Argent tournament mounts were still decent in Cata, but I doubt people would use them now, and it's one of the longest grinds. Molten Front is pretty painful too, and I doubt many people even want the faction leaders bear.

Then there are the real money mounts complicating things. If you add up Store, RAF, CE, TCG and other promotions, you end up with almost 40 mounts. You can easily have a lackluster assortment of in-game mounts and compensate with these, or even outclass a dedicated in-game-only collector. If you add up the unobtainable stuff, the people who are truly "all in" with their collection can be a full 50 mounts ahead of what can be obtained in game. Of course, I'm not saying that these mounts shouldn't count for the achievements, of course they should, but they muddle the water in terms of what it means to have an impressive collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Seems unintended then, but it's true actually.

Don't have class mount on shaman, still comes up as 243 mounts total on the achievement. Odd.
    I think it's weird as well, but the intention was probably to prevent a huge mount gap between classes. Paladins would have been 7 mounts ahead of druid, which is a ton when you're on the last stretch of the achievement. That, and encouraging/rewarding collectors for having all classes (which I don't really like even though I'm close to having them all because I feel it forcefully homogenizes collectors' choice of alts).

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treno View Post
    Priest, mage and 1 of the warlock mounts don't count for some reason but the rest do.

Guys, it dawned on me that perhaps the reason Blizzard is so slow to release new mount collector achievements is that they're having trouble finding suitable puns for them! After all, it's hard to beat "Lord of the Reins". Maybe we should give them a hand?

Here are a few suggestions:

- Their Mounts are Legion (obviously)
    - Cosmic Cavalry
    - Mountorus, the Bursting Stable
    - An A-Mei-zing Collection
    - A Legendary A-Mount
    - Stirrups to the Stars

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    WoW is a game for the masses, if blizz sees that only a small percentage of the players raid mythic, there's no reason to introduce more raids with mythic difficulty just for the sake of it.

Yea you are right.
    Why are you comparing a single player activity (=gathering mounts) with the main focus of this MMO (raiding) is beyond me. Plus, mythic raiding is just a tuned up on numbers and 1-2 extra abilities on each boss heroic raiding. Try again.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Why are you comparing a single player activity (=gathering mounts) with the main focus of this MMO (raiding) is beyond me. Plus, mythic raiding is just a tuned up on numbers and 1-2 extra abilities on each boss heroic raiding. Try again.
    /facepalm

You are hopeless. Looking at your forum posts I can see why you are like that.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    /facepalm

You are hopeless. Looking at your forum posts I can see why you are like that.
    I doubt you have anything more meaningful to add to this conversation. I stand by my opinion. There's no need for an achievement like this in the game, yet. Keep whining tho.
    /spit@Blizzard

7+ Year Old Account
    Really hoping a 350 at least gets added some time before next xpac

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I understand why you want it but would you be as excited if they put in the achievements all the way up to 700 or 800 preemptively? It's just pixels with no more meaning than what you put into them. What more do you need other than getting from A to B... The things that matter you can't collect smh.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, I have many things I desired to have irl, I have a loving partner, set to do the course that will result in me getting work in a field I am passionate about... and so forth.

So i'm allowed to want the 'shiny new pixels' a fair bit. Especially since i've put in free/spare time in to collect a large amount of mounts

A War Donkey would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I doubt you have anything more meaningful to add to this conversation. I stand by my opinion. There's no need for an achievement like this in the game, yet. Keep whining tho.
    So much irony in this post where you tell people to keep whining at blizzard when your signature reads /spit@Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I understand why you want it but would you be as excited if they put in the achievements all the way up to 700 or 800 preemptively? It's just pixels with no more meaning than what you put into them. What more do you need other than getting from A to B... The things that matter you can't collect smh.
    That would be great I think. It means those with the highest totals around the world will actually have something to work towards rather than just being rewarded something on day 1.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    As long as that number of mounts is actually in the game, I see no problem. A goal is a goal, as long as it's achievable.

So much irony in this post where you tell people to keep whining at blizzard when your signature reads /spit@Blizzard.
    It's clear he's one of those trolls that don't play anymore, yet still visit these forums just to flame threads and up their post count. Better ignore this kind of people.

Also when I first heard we could get a epoch dragon from timewalking I was really expecting Murozond. His model is amazing, even though it's another dragon. Hopefully we get him as a mount.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account

He's whining in the MMO-C community, not @Blizzard. l2argument.
    /spit@Blizzard