Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Blizzard forum mods going nuts with bans?

Twice now, I've been banned for "obscene language" even though it gets auto-censored, and I'm not directing it at anyone in specific. Both times, it was just a single instance of a censored word in my post, and they slapped me with a week ban for it.

Dafuq is going on? Is this their way of trying to reduce "toxicity" ? The swearing is already censored, why ban people for it?

It was about damn time!

Their forums is not a democracy, stop crying as if it was and they were the government. Comply, or leave!

You would have thought that you would've learnt your lesson after the first time but obviously not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Dafuq is going on?
    Twice now, I've been banned for "obscene language"
    It's a mystery....

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Twice now, I've been banned for "obscene language" even though it gets auto-censored, and I'm not directing it at anyone in specific. Both times, it was just a single instance of a censored word in my post, and they slapped me with a week ban for it.

Dafuq is going on? Is this their way of trying to reduce "toxicity" ? The swearing is already censored, why ban people for it?
    Here's an idea. Why don't you stop being toxic for a few weeks and see if you get banned. If you don't get banned, you will have figured out the problem.

I can say with utmost certainty that you did not get a week ban from blizzard forums for a single instance of !@#$.

Did you try to get around the masking? Like $#!+ or similar? That is a bigger offense.

More than likely, some other posters took offense at something you wrote and reported you.

You should put in a ticket and ask why you were banned, they will generally tell you what the offense was and how to avoid being banned in the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    At least auto-censoring becomes reliably predictable as it gets used. They may error occasionally, but it's not "going nuts" like when a mod gets angry.

OP rant about us being idiots because we didn't side with him in 3... 2... 1...

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pay attention to the Forum Code of Conduct and it tells you that profanity, masked or not, is not permitted on their forums. In other words, stop using profanity there if you wish to retain your posting privileges.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

How many times have they said that mature language filter is not make it ok to use offensive language?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Don't swear

This isn't anything new. Blizzard forums have always been a cesspit of random bans from overactive mods. You can't do anything other than praise Blizzard there without getting a ban, half the time. I've seen entire threads gets locked down or deleted because they were discussing actual problems with the game.

It's Blizzard forums. Owned by Blizzard, run by Blizzard, moderated by Blizzard. And they aren't interested in anything other than making themselves look good. It's why I stick to other forums to discuss them.

Stop fucking swearing u shitty cunt!
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

if you can't figure out why it's probably best you stay banned.

it's the same thing around here.. every other week there's some guy complaining about getting banned(only to get banned shortly again)

10+ Year Old Account

People like you are part of the reason I do not play much WoW anymore.

The population is toxic as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    memes
    Fitting username.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You would have thought that you would've learnt your lesson after the first time but obviously not.
    I've been using auto-censored swears on the forums for a long time. Didn't get randomly banned for it until recently.

Point is that why are they even auto-censored if it's against the rules?

And how is "$*!@" obscene language? It's a bunch of symbols.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Here's an idea. Why don't you stop being toxic for a few weeks and see if you get banned. If you don't get banned, you will have figured out the problem.
    ah yes, of course, anyone who swears is "toxic"

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I can say with utmost certainty that you did not get a week ban from blizzard forums for a single instance of !@#$.
    https://i.imgur.com/H70eN64.png

There you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Did you try to get around the masking? Like $#!+ or similar? That is a bigger offense.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Pay attention to the Forum Code of Conduct and it tells you that profanity, masked or not, is not permitted on their forums. In other words, stop using profanity there if you wish to retain your posting privileges.
    Why does it only get banned sometimes, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    if you can't figure out why it's probably best you stay banned.
    I never said I couldn't figure it out. Thanks for rudely insulting me though

I'm disagreeing with the "rule".

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Stop breaking the rules. Pretty simple, if you can't abide by them then stop posting on them.
    Why does the rule only get enforced 1% of the time though? And why does it even auto-censor swears if it's against the rules? It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    People like you are part of the reason I do not play much WoW anymore.

The population is toxic as hell.
    If people swearing is enough for you to cry "TOXIC!!!!" and stop playing a game, then you really need to get a much thicker skin.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-09-15 at 09:00 PM.

Strange, I haven't been banned yet. Oh wait, I'm not an idiot.
    Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Your signature is all I really need to know about what kind of player you are.

The very definition of a community circling the drain.

Maybe you should read the forum rules. Ban is deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Your signature is all I really need to know about what kind of player you are.
    Disagreeing with a wildly exaggerated statement is something that strikes you as bad?

Well okay.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    "I got away with running red lights for months officer, why are you giving me a ticket now??"

-Your logic
    Not really, no.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    That wasn't what he said at all, but good job proving his point lol
    Well, yes, of course. No matter what kind of disagreement I respond with, you will interpret that as "proving his point" because it's disagreeing with him.

And everyone knows disagreeing with opinions is "TOXIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-09-15 at 09:05 PM.