10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    -Removal of Hybrid Talents
    -Removal of Talent Trees
    -Removal of Gems in every piece of gear and Meta gem
    -Removal of Glyphs
    -Removal of Reforging

How was this customization?
    We would all use same cookie-cutter builds, same gems, same glyphs, and we would use addons to reforge our armour.
    There was no customization if you wanted your character to perform it's best, same as it is now.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    You must be a total idiot to bring the dictionary in this conversation. We are talking about the QUALITIES and CHARACTERISTICS of a RPG, not about the game's official identity.
    Well people were yammering on about WoW not being an MMORPG anymore so why not.. And well if you can't deal with what I posted that is your own problem..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    How was this customization?
    We would all use same cookie-cutter builds, same gems, same glyphs, and we would use addons to reforge our armour.
    There was no customization if you wanted your character to perform it's best, same as it is now.
    That is the thing people seem to think the game had lots customization when in reality, the game did not really become truly customizable even limited as it is, until transmog and the barbershop were introduced into the game..

Before that any sense of customization was only in the old talent system and most of the old talents were just fluff and useless.. And if you were a top end raider you pretty much followed a set talent build to be even considered worthy of high end raiding..

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    I agree with pretty much everything you say.

I would also add the the homogenization of professions could be added to your list. I miss fully fleshed out profession trees, with profession specific bonuses to reward your effort.
    Fully agree with this and OP. WoW is no longer a RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And if you were a top end raider you pretty much followed a set talent build to be even considered worthy of high end raiding..
    Exactly, if you were a top raider you didn't have any choice. But the millions of players who weren't had plenty of choice.

Heck I remember running a fire build on my warlock during TBC when the "rule" was to play shadow, and I did just fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thats why I no longer play this crap
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Exactly, if you were a top raider you didn't have any choice. But the millions of players who weren't had plenty of choice.

Heck I remember running a fire build on my warlock during TBC when the "rule" was to play shadow, and I did just fine.
    They were fun at the time, especially when one had no idea of what you were doing, and just picking talents that sounded cool even if they did not add much to ones dps as most were just fluff..

I had mained a Fire Mage till TBC when I rolled a Draenei Shaman and Hunter, and raided on my hunter..

It's pretty much a RPG only in name now.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    WoW: The RPG That Removes Anything Fun

Fixed it for you.
    Ah, the moment if I recall, a lot of that was changed or removed due to players feedback/complaints.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, what the hell do you guys think an rpg is?
    I doubt many would know what an RPG actually is.. I tried to help on that part and got shat on for my troubles..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-09-17 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Oh noes you can't purposely gimp yourself for the sake of "customization".

Spare me.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet Wildstar has struggled from release to maintain a consistent playerbase. Customization isn't everything and doesn't replace actual game play.
    What a fucking dumb argument. You and the guy above you are basically saying, "It's never existed/other mmo's that have done it failed, so why add it?"

It would be an enhancement to the game to have more customization on top of what we already have. The problem with Blizzard is that they are very stubborn with restriction on what they deem acceptable in the way of player and character customization. I mean...it took them literally 5-6 years to implement transmogrifying legendaries and it's only the cloaks and glaives and the glaives are locked behind an event that only comes around once every 3-4 months. Things like these restrictions are so archaic at this point. You can't make the argument that not everyone should be running around with legendaries because:

A. They are easy as shit to farm. Everyone with even halfway decent rng and persistence can farm up old legendaries if they want.
    B. We literally already have every retribution paladin running around with the most famous Paladin weapon in the entire fucking game, and every enhancement shaman running around with the fucking doomhammer. Being able to transmog old legendaries is not treading any new ground that hasn't already been stomped to death by Blizzard since Legion.

Wildstar only failed because it took its endgame way too hardcore at launch, and by the time they changed a lot of those endgame systems, it was too late. The large surge of people at launch got their taste of that hardcore roadblock, got frustrated, and left, and they will literally never give it a second try, nor should they.

But you're either a fucking moron or just simply don't know wtf you're talking about because you haven't even played it if you're going to sit here and tell me the Wildstar housing and character customization options aren't LIGHTYEARS ahead of anything we have in WoW, and that WoW wouldn't benefit from that same caliber of customization. Like an armor set, but not in the colors it's available in in WoW? Not a problem in Wildstar. You can dye any piece of gear in the game basically any color you want provided you have unlocked that dye color. It's fantastic. I'm not even saying this should necessarily be in WoW to that extent, but the truth is that Wildstar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WoW any day in terms of customization. Does that make it a better game? No. But I never said it was a better game. I said it has far superior customization and that WoW could learn a thing or two from it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I suppose it wouldn't be MMO-Champion if there weren't a bunch of misinformed opinionated angry people.
    So very true unfortunately, seems to be the way of things these days..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_video_game

There you go

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I suppose it wouldn't be MMO-Champion if there weren't a bunch of misinformed opinionated angry people.
    I think it works out great. The misinformed are already filtered out and hanging out in offtopic section, discussing RUSSIARUSSIARUSSIA conspiracies 24/7.

Apparently not WoW despite the fact it is an RPG.

Basically people have so much vitriol towards the game that the genre suddenly changed over 13 years by magic.

I find it amusing personally that people are so jaded with a video game that it's not that genre anymore. I mean I hate what Daybreak have done to the Everquest franchise recently. Does that mean EQ isn't an RPG anymore?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-17 at 11:25 AM.

Almost everything in this game has been sacrificed at the altar of raiding.

I'd love to be able to give up abilities in exchange for passive buffs so I don't need to have an action bar hogging a good chunk of my screen, or give up my character's other racials for a buff to Diplomacy, or give up gear progression entirely in exchange for heirlooms that might actually be good at max level.

But I can't have any of that shit in case it ends up being raid viable.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Yeah, you should probably read that, because it pretty well defines WoW..
    Didn't you hear though. Modern WoW isn't an RPG because a bunch of random people say so!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Apparently not WoW despite the fact it is an RPG.

Basically people have so much vitriol towards the game that the genre suddenly changed over 13 years by magic. I find it amusing personally that people are so jaded with a video game that it's not that genre anymore.
    It it, just kind of barebones. A lot of the things that are traditionally part of a RPG have either never been a part of WoW or removed along the way.

Info

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    It it, just kind of barebones. A lot of the things that are traditionally part of a RPG have either never been a part of WoW or removed along the way.

Info
    Man you are gonna hate a lot of modern MMORPGs then.

Yeah, you should probably read that, because it pretty well defines WoW..
    You must not have read it well enough. There are a LOT of things Missing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    We don't even really have this. Look at Wildstar's customization, both character and housing-related, and it's miles and miles ahead of anything we have in WoW.

I love Legion, but I can't fault the OP on these points.
    Wildstar is a relatively new project developed by ex-members of Blizz so It's easy to develop a game in a new engine and with the experience that wow has given them. It's a really good game indeed. Pity they lost their way.