Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Just because your experience shows this, other is not sharing that experience of 1 legendary pr week. This is pretty much the problem. Since legendaries are so RNG heavy, you might get 4 in two weeks, while some might not even get any in two weeks. And no need to talk about people doing it wrong, because the purpose of these legendaries, from the word of Blizzard, are that people should get them in a comfortable pace without having to game the system or have some higher knowledge of the system. So, if alot of people are getting legendaries too slow, to a point where it is the only thing they are missing in their overall character, then we have a problem with the system.

Just like back in 7.2, it is a dumb system, if i have to grind argurite or nethershards beside clearing raids, dong daily emissary quests and daily dungeons, to get legendaries in a comfortable pace. Even if it is only 2% of the playerbase, that experiences waittime of more then 2 weeks to get their first or 2nd legendary, the system is still broken as hell, because it sets up a situation where the player is doing everything right, but still getting no rewards.
    Also this.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Exactly. You can be a casual but want to run tower challenges on more than 1 character and if you are not lucky then you will miss out with some. And overgearing only compensates the fact that you don't get tier bonuses and best trinkets if you don't raid.

I would not mind to have only a few legendaries per character if I could target the ones that are recommended for the challenges. You know, like you could target your specific gear pieces in former expansions by killing specific bosses and such.
    You can still do that.
    You just cant choose what legendaries you get outside gambling with vashreen.

Deleted
    Maybe it's me, but after 7.3 i noticed that is a much slower to get your first 2 legendary. usually was a matter of 1 week max

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Droprates are fine. They said it from the onset that the idea was for you to play the toons you want to gear. Getting 2 legendaries pretty quickly with the existence of crafted legendaries gives your fresh toons plenty catchup.

You don't need your 2 bis to be competitive at any kind of pug level.
    Bruh, a person just doing the current content and doing it casually at that is going to be waiting weeks to months for 1 leggo after their first 2. What I said is correct. You're not thinking correctly. Drop rates were fine when the game was new and so everyone was at relatively equal power lvls, and the game was really active. Now that it's pretty fucking dead? That means it will take new players even longer to get them. Stop fucking thinking about yourself for two seconds. All you care about is having some bullshit e peen value you can hold over new players for no reason other than "you played the game longer". You do not have a good argument for not making legendary drops more accessible for the rest of the expansion you just plain don't.

Sorry you're wrong. And it's this simple, there is no reason to gate them like they are anymore and it's bullshit that a lot of people still have to grind for them hard when a substantial amount of people haven't needed to for some time now. What that means is that for simply being newer to the expansion a lot of people aren't able to enjoy a lot of the meat of the content. It means someone that was deployed in Iraq or Afghanistan for 3 months that fell behind isn't going to be able to find much enjoyment out of the game because he/she is gonna have to deal with people like you that say it's all "fine" but really what you mean is that you're an asshole that lacks the ability to experience empathy.

I have all leggos for my main. Does not make 1 bit of difference to me that someone else that plays the same class be given easier access to them, it means I wont have to grind on my 5 alts like I did on my main to get some decent ones. It isn't about what you need.
    Dumbest fucking argument anyone makes on this forum. It is a video game you don't NEED to play it at all. It is about player enjoyment, aint nobody trying to grind hard for any of that shit in a (comparative to patch 7.0-7.1.5) dying game. There is 1 way to turn that situation around and that's to nerf content and make gear more accessible.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-09-18 at 12:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm 100% sure you would've loved the ring that added less dps than prydaz/sephuz.
    I'm not a super heavy raider therefore caring about dps doesn't matter, factored with my warlock not being my main for PvE and me mainly using him for PvP I was happy getting any legendary on him. So yes, I'm 100% sure I'd have been happy with the ring because just receiving a legendary made me happy on my alts. Taken from my favorite Jedi Master "Take a seat....young kary"

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Exactly. You can be a casual but want to run tower challenges on more than 1 character and if you are not lucky then you will miss out with some. And overgearing only compensates the fact that you don't get tier bonuses and best trinkets if you don't raid.

I would not mind to have only a few legendaries per character if I could target the ones that are recommended for the challenges. You know, like you could target your specific gear pieces in former expansions by killing specific bosses and such.
    Yeah, like I said it would have been nice before hand and even now as I get more into the game it would be nice but just by playing I have started getting them on my demon hunter and warlock so that is a nice thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Are you playing VDH by any chance?
    If by VDH you mean Vengeance Demon Hunter then yes! If it has another meaning I don't know what it is :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Bruh, a person just doing the current content is going to be waiting weeks to months for 1 leggo after their first 2. What I said is correct. You're not thinking correctly. Drop rates were fine when the game was active. Now that it's pretty fucking dead? That means it will take new players even longer to get them.
    I got 3 legendaries since 7.3 on the same toon just doing tomb and argus dailies.

Not my first 2 either.

I got 2 on 2 fresh 110s doing solely argus wq and emissaries.

You still get your first 2 fairly quickly. And if you are under the impression that it's taking too long to get your second, the crafted ones exist for this exact reason.

Aint nothing stopping new players from diving in the content but themselves. You can do lfr without legendaries, and you can join a guild without legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Bruh, a person just doing the current content and doing it casually at that is going to be waiting weeks to months for 1 leggo after their first 2. What I said is correct. You're not thinking correctly. Drop rates were fine when the game was active. Now that it's pretty fucking dead? That means it will take new players even longer to get them. Stop fucking thinking about yourself for two seconds. All you care about it having some bullshit e peen value you can hold over new players for no reason other than "you played the game longer".

Sorry you're wrong. And it's this simple, there is no reason to gate them like they are anymore and it's bullshit that a lot of people still have to grind for them hard when a substantial amount of people haven't needed to for some time now.

I'm saying this and I have all leggos for my main. Does not make 1 bit of difference to me that someone else that plays the same class be given easier access to them, it means I wont have to grind on my 5 alts like I did on my main to get some decent ones. It isn't about what you need.
    Dumbest fucking argument anyone makes on this forum. It is a video game you don't NEED to play it at all. It is about player enjoyment, aint nobody trying to grind hard for any of that shit in a dying game. There is 1 way to turn that situation around and that's to nerf content and make gear more accessible.
    Gear is accessible.

legendaries are gear, but not all gear is legendary. You can still gear up extremely quickly.

I got 3 legendaries since 7.3 on the same toon just doing tomb and argus dailies.

Not my first 2 either.

I got 2 on 2 fresh 110s doing solely argus wq and emissaries.

You still get your first 2 fairly quickly. And if you are under the impression that it's taking too long to get your second, the crafted ones exist for this exact reason.

Aint nothing stopping new players from diving in the content but themselves. You can do lfr without legendaries, and you can join a guild without legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Gear is accessible.

legendaries are gear, but not all gear is legendary. You can still gear up extremely quickly.
    Dude you're like talking to a rock. This is not what most people experience.

I don't know how else to say this, you're just an asshole that likes the bit of e peen you have over other players. Pathetic.

Dude you're like talking to a rock. This is not what most people experience.

I don't know how else to say this, you're just an asshole that likes the bit of e peen you have over other players. Pathetic.
    *yawn*

What /played do you expect to get 2 legendaries at?

Reading the responses in this thread it seems like you folk expect a crate with your 2 bis legendaries from the second you hit 110.

It's like I said, gear is accessible. You get literally more gear than you know what to do with due to unsullied/relinquished gear on argus. You can do M0 which (spoiler) if you form your own group or play with a guild/friends you need the bare minimum if even that much gear to do content. It's never been as easy as it is right now to gear up a toon to relevance.

But nice projecting.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how much does "Bad luck protection" from argus chest/rare/lesser invasion compare to an old emmisary or raid boss?

The hidden progression factor is what I hate the most. Especially when using multiple specs.

*yawn*

What /played do you expect to get 2 legendaries at?

Reading the responses in this thread it seems like you folk expect a crate with your 2 bis legendaries from the second you hit 110.

It's like I said, gear is accessible. You get literally more gear than you know what to do with due to unsullied/relinquished gear on argus. You can do M0 which (spoiler) if you form your own group or play with a guild/friends you need the bare minimum if even that much gear to do content. It's never been as easy as it is right now to gear up a toon to relevance.

But nice projecting.
    I'm not projecting you are. you just keep talking about your own experiences and I'm talking about other people. I haven't talked about my problems getting legendaries because I don't fucking have those issues. That doesn't mean I don't recognize from having 6 toons that are geared out and definitely playing the game substantially more than you, that the leggo grind is at this point not healthy for the continuation of the game. For fucks sake I play on US Illidan and have alts that are among the top 10 highest I lvl on the server for their class, okay? So no this isn't about me. What you need to do is stop reiterating YOUR opinions and listen for a bit cuz it ain't about you and your anecdotal bullshit experiences that are not universally applicable. I have quite a few friends that in the past would come back at the end of an xpac and build a new raid team with me for the final raid, that's not really possible now because of the legendary system, and that's just one example that should be clear to anyone that isn't insane that this system is not good for the game at this point in time. I didn't even give specifics about how they should go about changing it and what lengths they should take, just that the current system is toxic, and adds absolutely no value to the game.

What would add more value to the game is being able to build raid teams without having only a pool of players that were active the whole expansion to choose from. That was never an issue until now. If you don't recognize how big of a problem that is it's probably because you got your head shoved so far up your ass which seems clear since you just can't stop talking about your own personal experiences.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-09-18 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Except you would want to have your BIS legendaries, and probably for two specs
    Not really as I do not care about gear that much. I like to progress in power sure.. but I don't do any cutting edge content so I don't min max at all. I also do not play more than one spec. Have been playing Healer since 2005 and never changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    If by VDH you mean Vengeance Demon Hunter then yes! If it has another meaning I don't know what it is :-\
    Haha, thought so That ring was the second legendary on my VDH, loved every second of having it till I eventually replaced w/ better ones T_T

Yeah, that's what VDH means
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-09-18 at 05:21 PM. Reason: dunno why I said Prydaz :p

I'm not projecting you are. you just keep talking about your own experiences and I'm talking about other people. I haven't talked about my problems getting legendaries because I don't fucking have those issues. That doesn't mean I don't recognize from having 6 toons that are geared out and definitely playing the game substantially more than you, that the leggo grind is at this point not healthy for the continuation of the game, I have quite a few friends that in the past would come back at the end of an xpac and build a new raid team with me for the final raid, that's not really possible now because of the legendary, and that's just one example that should be clear to anyone that isn't insane that this system is not good for the game. I didn't even give specifics about how they should go about changing it and what lengths they should take, just that the current system is toxic, and adds absolutely no value to the game.
    I can talk about my friend as well, who plays 2-3 hours 2-3 times a week and is currently 931 equipped and has 3+ legendaries.

Hasn't even done LFR KJ.

Last time my buddy played was in TBC. He hit 110 1 week before 7.3.

Keep projecting.

Gotta actually play the game a little to get gear. That's how it is.

Why stop there? Why not a piece of free i935+ gear every week?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I can talk about my friend as well, who plays 2-3 hours 2-3 times a week and is currently 931 equipped and has 3+ legendaries.

Hasn't even done LFR KJ.

Keep projecting.

You're ridiculous, you're not even responding to anything I've actually said. I didn't say that gear needs to be free from a vendor or some shit, quit responding to me until you can actually have a conversation without interjecting with your half-baked opinion and responses that aren't even responses to things I said.

And newsflash about your buddy: your buddy isn't going to full clear Antorus without a full carry. It's just not gonna happen for him. Not everyone is you or your friends or has the same concerns as you. Glad you enjoy the game but that doesn't mean it's just fine and peachy for everyone. What you have experienced and what you do or do not enjoy does not invalidate other people's points of view you fucking freak.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-09-18 at 01:18 PM.

You're ridiculous, you're not even responding to anything I've actually said. I didn't say that gear needs to be free from a vendor or some shit, quit responding to me until you can actually have a conversation without interjecting with your half-baked opinion and responses that aren't even responses to thinks I said.

And newsflash about your buddy: your buddy isn't going to full clear Antorus without a full carry. It's just not gonna happen for him. Not everyone is you or your friends or has the same concerns as you. Glad you enjoy the game but that doesn't mean it's just fine and peachy for everyone.
    You want me to respond to your half baked attempt at a humble brag? Lol.
    I play on US-Illidan too. Grats that you have high il.

But the point is this, if you play, you get gear. It's not a matter of opinion, I've literally seen it with my own eyes, where someone on a brand new account went from nothing to 3 legendaries and 931 il in under a month. Yes his gear is bad and yes he still can't play his class properly, but the gearing right now is insanely quick. That is undeniable.

Don't know what having to get a carry through antorus has to do with anything. And the people who don't enjoy the game, as you can see from this forum, are 90% whiners with severe entitlement issues.

Deleted

Hasn't even done LFR KJ.

Keep projecting.

Are you... somewhat mentally challenged or do you not know what projecting really is? You are not addressing his critique of the system and just throwing out random generalizations out there along with non-relevant info (he didn't mentioned difficulty about leveling) and oblivious of how much you come off as being in denial. You might have some kind of disability dude.

The issue with the system and especially if Shakou planned on building a new fresh raid team that would be competitive is that the "legendaries" and being ahead in AP offers a competitive advantage, numbers-wise and as a leverage. It being non-targetable, completely random and non-measurable really pisses on people who starts late or anew. How is saying "Fuck off" to new players a good business?
    Yes effort is required but one with good RNG could get BiS on their first 2 while others are to this day or still farming endlessly - measured progress is important to not become completely discourged! And don't get me started on specs swapping either.

They somehow fucked up in the development department by finally opening up all specs, gone are the days with dual-specing and Tomes of respeccing but by utilizing the current AP & "legendary" system they actual discourage players playing multiple specs due to the RNG.

Your anecdotal evidence might be in favor of good RNG on the "legendaries" but my anecdotal evidence proves the exact opposite (buddy approx plays 3-4 hours a day farming Argus, caches etc. = 1 leggo so far, close to a month), what is completely factual is how the entire system has provided these cases for us and that its inconsistency (alongside the shotty play 1 spec design) is a proof that its not well designed. Even the development team has said that they should've have stuck with "utility-legendaries".

And NO - I liked the process, work and involvement in the previous actual Legendaries. The end result and design of the ring wasn't good though but most of the process was unlike what we have now.
    Last edited by mmoc7d379d05b4; 2017-09-18 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenheaven View Post
    Are you... somewhat mentally challenged or do you not know what projecting really is? You are not addressing his critique of the system and just throwing out random generalizations out there along with non-relevant info (he didn't mentioned difficulty about leveling) and oblivious of how much you come off as being in denial. You might have some kind of disability dude.

The issue with the system and especially if Shakou planned on building a new fresh raid team that would be competitive is that the "legendaries" and being ahead in AP offers a competitive advantage, numbers-wise and as a leverage. It being non-targetable, completely random and non-measurable really pisses on people who starts late or anew. Yes effort is required but one with good RNG could get BiS on their first 2 while others are to this day or still farming endlessly - measured progress is important! And don't get me started on specs swapping either.

They somehow fucked up in the development department by finally opening up all specs, gone are the days with dual-specing and Tomes of respeccing but by utilizing the current AP & "legendary" system they actual discourage players playing multiple specs due to the RNG.

Your anecdotal evidence might be in favor of good RNG on the "legendaries" but my anecdotal evidence proves the exact opposite (buddy approx plays 3-4 hours a day farming Argus, caches etc. = 1 leggo so far), what is completely factual is how the entire system has provided these cases for us and that its inconsistency (alongside the shotty play 1 spec design) is a proof that its not well designed. Even the development team has said that they should've have stuck with "utility-legendaries".
    The point is, with 3 weeks of gearing, you and your friends could clear normal, maybe heroic tomb, with 1-2 legendaries, bis dps or otherwise.
    You can get to artifact level 60+ in a week, assuming you hit 110 right after reset with a fresh toon.

Legendaries and the rate at which you acquire them aren't the things that are holding people back. Even with 1 leggo so far, that would be 2 (because crafted ones exist) and 2 legendaries as statsticks coupled with 900+ gear is more than enough to raid tomb at anything sub mythic.

And despite all of the cries of "oh its a bad design" in previous expansions you'd have a grand total of 0 legendaries in the same time. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
    You'd be farming Mogushan vaults for quest drops though
    Doing Highmaul for Aberjabbers
    Joining ICC pugs to see "shards on res"... hell you wouldn't even have the base axe crafted by then.

Legendaries are way too rare for the purpose they serve in this expansion

Deleted
    The point is, with 3 weeks of gearing, you and your friends could clear normal, maybe heroic tomb, with 1-2 legendaries, bis dps or otherwise.
    You can get to artifact level 60+ in a week, assuming you hit 110 right after reset with a fresh toon.

Legendaries and the rate at which you acquire them aren't the things that are holding people back. Even with 1 leggo so far, that would be 2 (because crafted ones exist) and 2 legendaries as statsticks coupled with 900+ gear is more than enough to raid tomb at anything sub mythic.

And despite all of the cries of "oh its a bad design" in previous expansions you'd have a grand total of 0 legendaries in the same time. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
    You'd be farming Mogushan vaults for quest drops though
    Doing Highmaul for Aberjabbers
    Joining ICC pugs to see "shards on res"... hell you wouldn't even have the base axe crafted by then.
    Your anecdotal evidence is once again not useful because its anecdotal, however you are right about the AP though because of the hefty increase but legendary is still RNG.

Yes you can probably do everything in the game sub mythic with 0 legendaries but thats not what creates the main issue is it? Its the fact that it can affect performance and the random nature of acquiring it that makes it discouraging. Shakou and his friends could make a structured approach on reaching a "raid-ready" status and stuff like arguinite makes forecasting and planing approachable but the RNG puts a spin on it. Knowing even before planning that there are even more variables that you cannot control (other than drops) is likely what causes the negative view on wanting to start anew.

Whats the difference between farming Mogushan Vaults and our current farming approach? Currently we have a wider spectrum of approaches in where to farm but Its similar except they have put Zip Zilch Nada effort into creating a quest or a similar structured framework for progressing towards the goal. You're farming in the blind. You might received a pat on your shoulders of getting an item and you might not receive anything at all, all without considering what you might get - and to which spec?

I'm being subjective here but I didn't give a fuck about the axe during ICC, as I had no intent to that much grinding thus I believed I didn't deserve it. I did understand the commitment it required for my buddy to acquire it + the daggers and thus I accepted the difference. I don't see why it must be a requirement for everyone to have them for doing random things? When I want one it should be equal to the effort put into it, so not only it feels special but evens out the performance field and your commitment/work ethic is rewarded for doing so. I acquired the cloak and the only beef I had with it was the PvP part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Senea View Post
    Xur'ios in Dalaran should sell an 'Encrypted Data Matrix' for 25 Curious Coins on Fridays and Saturdays, using this will grant you a random legendary for your spec. Limited to 1 per week.

Actually surprised they haven't done something like this yet as the Legendary system is more or less the same as Destiny's Exotic system, in addition Xur'ios in Dalaran is direct reference to Xur in Destiny who just so happens to sell a selection of Exotics on Fridays & Saturdays.
    I do like the idea of correlating a currency to Bad Luck Protection. Thus its still RNG to get coins but it makes the progress visible which is much needed.
    Last edited by mmoc7d379d05b4; 2017-09-18 at 02:56 PM.