Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Legendaries in this expansion is not a "must have them all" kind of thing. So no.
    But it kind of was/is as some classes are designed and balanced around having certain ones. There are some classes that don't even begin to perform on a measurably optimum or competitive level until they obtain that one "magic" legendary.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Id rather they just let us hunt for the legendaries we actualy want instead of it being a crapshoot as to whether you can compete with lucky mcscrub who got both bis legendaries on his first try.
    /thread back at reply #15 yet it kept right on truckin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    But it kind of was/is as some classes are designed and balanced around having certain ones. There are some classes that don't even begin to perform on a measurably optimum or competitive level until they obtain that one "magic" legendary.
    And then there are other classes that become raid bosses when the get that same magic legendary lol. (looking at you rogues.....)

Of course in reality I'm just salty myself and some 8 other people got merc'd by a single fan of knives last night. I couldn't even be mad, it was just that hilarious.

Deleted
    You are saying the exact same thing as I do, just in different words. We both know and can agree on the fact that you need specific ones to make your chosen specs work optimally, but that still doesn't mean you "must have them all" as I wrote.

The legendary system this expansion is absolute trash, and I actually agree with this post to a degree, but believe it should be taken further. Just add the 50 Writhing Essence or 100, or whatever....x number to grind too. Then give us a token, to go to a vendor and buy the legendary we want. Random RNG, grinding bs is just stupid and useless. It's a shame to call these items legendaries, they are more just orange epic, because nothing feels legendary about it when you get them unless you get your BIS on the first drop.

Legendaries should feel like an achievement to obtain them, Shadowmourne, Dragonwrath, Fangs of the Father, etc....who cares if they are class specific, they require immense feats to obtain and feel rare during the expansion (does it matter they get farmed to oblivion afterwards.) Now, they are just orange epic you cuss and insult at when you get Sephuz on your 9th characters and then punch a baby.

Legendaries are nothing but an anti-alt measure at this point. My main had every legendary a long time ago but starting an alt is pointless because of the legendary grind. What's wrong with the OP's suggestion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    You are saying the exact same thing as I do, just in different words. We both know and can agree on the fact that you need specific ones to make your chosen specs work optimally, but that still doesn't mean you "must have them all" as I wrote.
    But here we are pretty far along in Legion experience and my guild has been gracious enough to allow be to hobble along in my sub par ness all xpac.

For someone who has enjoyed the friendly competition of fighting for top dps for each encounter for the last 12 years, this xpac has been pretty bad.

Deleted
    But here we are pretty far along in Legion experience and my guild has been gracious enough to allow be to hobble along in my sub par ness all xpac.
    I don't see how this changes anything.

Deleted

For someone who has enjoyed the friendly competition of fighting for top dps for each encounter for the last 12 years, this xpac has been pretty bad.
    Sums up the experience of this expansion very well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Nope. This is not a bait. And nope, giving "legendary" each week is not the same thing as giving daily loot from difficulty that requires some skill. Your argument is invalid.

Oh and btw, I am not "new MMORPG playerbase".

Then you have adepted too much into the new generation MMORPG gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no. Just like the legendary drops of the past, they should be 'difficult' to get (and are), but have a better chance to come from higher difficulty tasks. It's not good to hand players these on a plate, and I'm fine with the system they have. The relinquished tokens also giving a chance to get a legendary for a specific slot is a great step for many people and I hope they continue it in future expansions if they go back to a drop system.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Legendaries are a shit design and after a year there should be more done to catch people up on them. What they have now isn't enough.

This isn't about welfare epics or whatever you want to call them. These things are necessary to play certain specs/classes. From my own experiences after NH took off, if you were a rogue and didn't have the shoulders you weren't beating one who did. They're pretty much required by all three specs to be competitive in any sense. Take a look at the top 10 rogues on warcraft logs for all three specs and note that one legendary is in all 10 slots on all 9 fights in Tomb. That's fucking stupid design.

That isn't the only example like that it's just the one I know from my main class, but you get the idea. It's like trying to play a class/spec and not having a weapon or playing a spec that requires daggers and using swords. That's how hindered not having these certain specific legendary items can be to certain classes/spec and Blizzard hasn't nearly done enough to close the gaps. Alts feel more behind than that since you're not just behind in gear/AP but now you're behind in legendary items. Better hope the first two you get on that character are the top 2 for the spec you want to play. If not you're just behind X amount of months until you get them! That idea, that design, is just flawed on so many levels.

I doubt they'll do anything about them before the last patch and even then I'm doubtful. Here's hoping they don't repeat this terrible system in the next xpac. It's a big brown stain on Legion's otherwise pretty solid design.

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    Its still rng aslong Blp doesnt make it 100% you can be unlucky and go without one for ages even if you do evrything.
    Yeah, it is rng, but you are EXTREMELY unlikely to go two weeks without one if you do everything. So far that has not happened to anyone I know. The ones who still need legendaries and do all the content usually get one or two per week. Bad luck protection more or less caps you to that.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    ..(edited wall of rubbish)....

When I raid with my friends, I enjoy competing with them on the DPS meters. We're all in pretty similiar gear except for a few(because of another dogshit system WF/TF). Yet I cannot even think about competing with 4-5 of them who got lucky on their legendaries.

If you have BiS vs someone with non-BiS. You just shit on them, without even trying. Being competitive on DPS charts with your mates is part of what makes raiding fun for most people.
    What you wrote here... that IS the source of all your negative feelings, but you blame the legendary system.
    And just keeps ranting on and on about it...

The truth is with any other legendary system you would still would feel the system was just as bad, when you dont have the BiS legendary.

Being competitive on DPS charts with your mates is part of what makes raiding fun for most people.
    Again totally wrong, getting first-kills w.nerdgasms is what is is all about for the vast majority by far. Followed by "experiencing the content".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    What you wrote here... that IS the source of all your negative feelings, but you blame the legendary system.
    And just keeps ranting on and on about it...

The truth is with any other legendary system you would still would feel the system was just as bad, when you dont have the BiS legendary.
    What other legendary system? The MoP & WoD one where you're given a questline that spanned the entire expansion or the old school ones that gave a small quest but with an immense amount of grinding? They were all predetermined the moment you started them - you knew what you were going into and were actually told up front how much effort to put into acquiring the item. You also knew when you comparing performance with others who owned the legendary that they've had some good RNG and worked hard to acquire it. I remember not feeling that disappointed with my own performance given the effort it took to acquire the items, unlike the luck introduced in Legion where it becomes infuriating to see several people wearing BiS and not being able to pursue it yourself in a structured manner.

Its like working & saving for years through sweat and tears to attempt to buy a Tesla and then your fat ugly lazy neighbor strolls by in his new Tesla saying "Oh I just won the lottery and bought this on a whim, can you believe it? First ticket I ever bought too, whoo cya loser" - RNG

Well that may have been a bit over the top but you see the point don't you? There's a lot of frustration and negative emotion attached to a game that has a decent amount of RNG already (raids, war&titanforged, sockets) and the legendary just took it too far for people to handle it (because it affects more than just increasing your stats) and it doesn't help new players either.

Again totally wrong, getting first-kills w.nerdgasms is what is is all about for the vast majority by far. Followed by "experiencing the content".
    While Scarecrowz maybe shouldn't generalize what makes raiding fun, you shouldn't assume anything either . In fact stop generalizing at all and stick to the fact that people likes different things and gear/character progression might be one of them (for me yeah).
    Last edited by mmoc7d379d05b4; 2017-09-19 at 01:36 AM.

Ive played all but 2 months this expansion doing lfrs raids and wq, ive only gotten a total of 7 legendaries on my main and 1 on each of my 110 alts. Screw the drop rates. 2 of my guildies get 1 every week or so. Of course im going to be mad doing the same grind as others and they feel they are betteerthan me because im not as lucky.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    They literally have fixes for design flaws IN legendaries.

Do you not understand how moronic that is? Or will you defend that too?
    I guess that depends on how seriously you take the game. I enjoy playing and performing well although I don't play nearly as much as I used to for reasons. If you're not super hardcore, you can still have fun playing the game without having what is considered by the community to be the best legendaries. I understand why the hardcore raiders want all the legendaries. They NEED them to be optimized. A lot of other players don't give a shit. They're happy that they have even 1 or 2 legendaries. I have 5 legendaries now from playing casually. I don't know which ones are the best. I don't even know which ones I'm missing. It doesn't really matter because I'm having fun and I perform well enough in the harder content I decide to do (Mythic +10). Maybe your spec is less fun without certain legendaries. I'm playing Prot Paladin using the legs and crafted belt and that's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I've actually played this char since launch and it's been my main for 13 years. I have every lego for my character except 2 prot ones. Why wouldn't I have my BIS by now? If you actually played actively during the expansion you would also have your BIS legos. I'm sorry you have a personal issue with people from Game Over lol; I don't feel sorry for you.
    I have the legendaries I need for my spec, but unlike you miserable, sociopathic fucks I can also understand the frustration of people. Go back to your little bubble, your ignorant comments have no basis in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    I have the legendaries I need for my spec, but unlike you miserable, sociopathic fucks I can also understand the frustration of people. Go back to your little bubble, your ignorant comments have no basis in reality.
    Ok princess lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Same here, my rogue has both BiS legendaries for all 3 specs now(bit easier with shoulders being BiS for all 3 specs) but I still think the system is retarded, and favored RNG from day 1. People missed all of EN/NH/ToV raids without their best legendaries or even just the one they wanted to use the most and people who won the lottery and got those 2 BiS legendaries right away were laughing.

Cant see how any reasonable person can argue the way it was implemented was good. Is a shame too because I think the legendaries themselves are great and I like being OP in world content.

My mage alt is stuck being fire. Havent gotten bracer/belt yet so cant swap specs till it does. Yay

I'm glad someone doesn't have their head stuck so far up their(or Blizzards) ass that they can see reason.

You were blessed by the RNG gods and still think its unfair and retarded - which it is.
    Well my rogue was a long road so it was a trial by fire. Was legendary drop number 7 and 10 that were the BiS so it was a long wait till 7 when you couldnt even get more than 4 before they changed the BLP gating. And the rogue BiS legendaries are VERY powerful