Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And what about those over 29? In many western countries, the support of gay marriage is high for people well into their 40's and 50's.

http://www.pewforum.org/fact-sheet/c...-gay-marriage/
    I already told you it's a generation issue. Older people are more conservative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    And that figure is 18-29, in the UK it's 18-50 that are most accepting because we had Pride earlier
    So? You said my generation is behind, I'm in the 18-29 group.

Deleted
    An illustration of social attitudes towards homosexuality in the UK was provided in May 2007 in a survey by YouGov. The poll indicated that legislation outlawing discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation was supported by 90% of British citizens. It also showed positive public perceptions of gay people in particular, but recognised the extent to which prejudice still exists.[90] A poll in June 2009 conducted by Populus for The Times reported that the majority of the public supports same-sex marriage; 61% of respondents agreed that "Gay couples should have an equal right to get married, not just to have civil partnerships".[91][92] There were few differentials by partisanship
    That's with no age barrier

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post

- - - Updated - - -

And South Korea seems to be behind by a generation or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Democracy is often based on bigotry, and usually leads to oppression. That is exactly what happens in this case. If the majority of a country supported slavery, tough shit for the slaves. Yep, that is your argument in a nutshell. It's a shame that they do not support gay rights in Poland. I prefer freedom to oppression, but that's just me.

Thanks for making my case for me.
    How is not having any personal freedom comparable to not being able to adopt kids or getting married for that matter? I don't know who's your dealer, but i'd like to get his number. Unless Poland starts putting gay people in chains you have no argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post

- - - Updated - - -

What don't you understand? You're saying 18-29 in SK, I am saying in UK that's 18-50 (possibly 60] so in SK you have people over 30+ are less accepting than 30+ people in the West (where Pride existed longer)

Deleted
    Apart from the fact that this thread is pretty close to discussing sexuality at this point, it's also hardly more than bickering between a few users. Closing this.