Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    In my opinion they need to do what FFXIV does, they have weapons from dungeons/raids..etc like normal BUT they add a "relic" weapon with a long quest/story that is slightly less powerful than raid weapons BUT you can always upgrade it after each patch keeping it close to the best in the game.

This allows people to ever farm weapons from dungeons, raids or just do their relic (in this case artifact). They don't even need to have unique skins just a weapon you upgrade ilvl ever patch.

Putting an even larger barrier for new players and alts. No way.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Idk I'm curious what they will do with the artifact active skills. For many specs these skills are core to their rotation (e.g. Moonkin) so I wonder whether they will just bake everything into the baseline specs. On the other hand some of the artifact skills I would like to see deleted (e.g. reap souls), so I hope they selectively make things baseline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we know what happens to the artifacts yet? I was assuming that we'd exhaust them in conquering Sargeras but...

System isn't leaving but the weapons themselves are 100% gone. People are fucking deluded to think otherwise honestly. The system is a huge success in there dumb analytical eyes. I bet they use the same engagement methods as the Garrison to track if its liked or not rather than complaints.

Deleted
    What Blizzard means is that we won't have the same artifact weapons in the next expansion. Obviously we will get new ones, with new talents, and old ones being made baseline. You don't think they will give up AP, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Is this a possibility that we keep them but blizz will extend the artifact trees and give us new skins?!

Let me know ur thoughts
    They've said outright that we are ditching the artifacts but we get to keep the appearences we unlock, and can unlock them anyway with exception to certain ones (personal challenge in 7.2 and pvp aswell as mythic 15 tint)

Deleted
    I think this system could feel much more rewarding if instead of farming a separated resource (in this case, artifact power) we would just simply continue to earn EXP after reaching the max level, which then could be spent to unlock additional perks/traits (similiar to GW2 masteries) That would hopefully be a solution to places such as Antorian Wastes - hard to navigate endgame areas, filled with mobs, which in current system you just waste time killing, so they feel like a huge inconvenience. While if you'd get exp for (as an example) fighting your way through regular mobs to reach that world quest area or treasure spawn, you will technically earn progress towards your next trait, All that by just playing the game normally.

I wouldn't mind it, it has honestly been refreshing not to pray for a weapon drop when a new raid comes out, in WoD I ran around with a weapon from LFR Highmaul until about a month into Blackrock Foundry and that wasn't really enjoyable, of course in hindsight I could've bought a crafted weapon and upgraded it but that still doesn't mean getting shafted on weapon drops was particularly enjoyable.

No, and as much as I love my demo lock the flying head is getting old ready to go back to a staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    No, and as much as I love my demo lock the flying head is getting old ready to go back to a staff.
    Transmog is a thing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Do we know what happens to the artifacts yet? I was assuming that we'd exhaust them in conquering Sargeras but...
    No, we dont know what happens to the weapons yet. We see that at the end of legion....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    Transmog is a thing?
    No not for the flying head you can transmog the dagger but the head can not be transmoged it is always there as long as it is equipped.

On that topic, has there been any clarification on how the "keep the mog for any artifact skins you find" system will work exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they weren't class restricted, I want some of those cool scythes on my DK or have fun with Ashbringer on a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    On that topic, has there been any clarification on how the "keep the mog for any artifact skins you find" system will work exactly?
    Yeah.

They said in the last QA they want people to be able to go back and obtain all the skins, the only ones that won't be available to get are the Balance of power mythic +15 skin and the challenge skins.

However it's not clear about transmog. They never specified or clarified if you earn them after legion that you'll be able to mog them. The only thing we know is that whatever skins you earn during legion you can mog afterwards. Don't know what happens if you get them after legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I wish they weren't class restricted, I want some of those cool scythes on my DK or have fun with Ashbringer on a hunter.
    That would be really stupid. Why should a paladin be running around with a weapon made from frostmourne? And why on earth would a hunter have ashbringer? That's taking "everyone gets an ashbringer!" To the next level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Is this a possibility that we keep them but blizz will extend the artifact trees and give us new skins?!

Let me know ur thoughts
    This was asked and answered before Legion was even launched... the answer is NO. the artifacts are not going with us to the next expansion.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was ready to be done with artifact progression early on in Legion. Can't wait for them to be gotten rid of and I hope the system gets ditched along with our artifacts.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

I like the talent tree part.

Just not the artificial timegating AK part.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So if we are not keeping them then what is the point of all those trees in the Netherlight Crucible? I'd be interested to know what the average level of weapons are, because having rerolled about 6 weeks ago I'm at 61 now and even with the buffs its starting to be a pretty large number to fill in order to reach the next level!