Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why not taser him first? Is using lethal force the only valid response to every hint of a threat?
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2017-09-18 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Why not taser him first? Is using lethal force the only valid response for every hint of a threat?
    Cause 'Merica.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest not walking toward officers while simultaneously refusing to comply with a request as sensible as "put that sharp object away."

Do people think that if they believe hard enough they'll be bullet-proof?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I'd suggest not walking toward officers while simultaneously refusing to comply with a request as sensible as "put that sharp object away."

Do people think that if they believe hard enough they'll be bullet-proof?
    Well we don't know what was the person's mental condition. I'm sure living in the US for his entire life he knew how to deal with the police. He also studied engineering which means he wasn't stupid. Some kind of mental breakdown maybe?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't sure what to believe from the article, but watching the video makes this one look like a pretty clear case of suicide by cop. Sadly it's more common than it should be. There have been plenty of cases where cops were wrong or at least questionable in their decision to use force, but this isn't one of them. The person yelling "shoot me" and going towards the cops with a weapon answers that.

It's really a crummy thing to do, since it incites people to wonder if it was police abuse or not. There are enough questions about that nationally without doing this stuff that just confuses the matter for other cases. And for the police, they have to deal with killing someone the rest of their lives. Suicide is selfish, but making someone else do it and not only leaving the burden with your friends and family but also a stranger who happens to be a cop is the ultimate in selfishness imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Well we don't know what was the person's mental condition. I'm sure living in the US for his entire life he knew how to deal with the police. He also studied engineering which means he wasn't stupid. Some kind of mental breakdown maybe?
    We could speculate for 15 more pages.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    The person yelling "shoot me" and going towards the cops with a weapon answers that.
    It could be a suicide. Or a mental breakdown. We'll never know. In either case, the person in question clearly needed help. As I said in my previous post, why not taser him? Are the police not trained to at least try to handle such situations without shooting? I mean he didn't seem much of a threat to them.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    We could speculate for 15 more pages.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    All I'm saying is there may be valid reasons for such a behaviour
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2017-09-18 at 01:33 AM.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    It seems that this is a pretty clear case of why you shouldn't approach police officers with a knife in your hand while refusing to follow instructions. Is this really a 'tragedy' in the sense that much of the media is portraying it? Does this event have the right factors in place to become a major news story this week?

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/scout-...killed-photos/

https://www.buzzfeed.com/remysmidt/g...yM#.abEvVmwBmw
    To me, a tragedy is sudden infant death syndrome or a piano suddenly falling on your head or something where ciricumstances is outisde ones control.

So no. It's not a tragedy. Someone choose the wrong day to be dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    This thread is off to a great fucking start with the racebaiting.
    its not race baiting, its pointing out that only when the media makes race an issue do people burn shit down and riot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    Tazer? Rubber bullets? Tear gas? Flashbang?
    Shoot the guy in the knee?
    so hold on, you think that campus police have rubber bullets, tear gas, and flashbangs?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    its not race baiting, its pointing out that only when the media makes race an issue do people burn shit down and riot.

- - - Updated - - -

so hold on, you think that campus police have rubber bullets, tear gas, and flashbangs?
    Right... that's why a bunch of white college kids burned down cars when their pumpkin party needed to be stopped because the "media" or when a hockey team wins... it is the media making them burn cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right... that's why a bunch of white college kids burned down cars when their pumpkin party needed to be stopped because the "media" or when a hockey team wins... it is the media making them burn cars?
    no? but that gets shit for coverage, the person who commented was pointing out the news only hypes racial shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    That's awfully bold calling a transgender person mentally ill. I'm not saying you're wrong, but we live in a time where we're all supposed to play make believe. Officer Endus might infract you for thinking.

According to the parents it was implied that the engineering student wielding the knife was mentally ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Reason #99999 why cops should not carry guns.
    Or reason #1 why they should....

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    not that great? Still lethal if used improperly? Fucking seriously? You think this is CoD or something?

Side note, a knee shot would likely damage the femoral artery, leading to an agonizing bleed out. Good job.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    You should have more faith in yourself and your argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. US police training: Several weeks.

German police training: Several years.

What type of training are you referring to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    not that great? Still lethal if used improperly? Fucking seriously? You think this is CoD or something?

Side note, a knee shot would likely damage the femoral artery, leading to an agonizing bleed out. Good job.
    We can't use a taser! That might kill him! Better use a gun to make sure of it.

We can't shoot him in the leg! That might kill him! Better shoot him in the chest to be sure of it.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Or... Hear me out here...

Don't continue to advance towards cops while holding a knife and screaming "Shoot me" after they've repeatedly backed away and told you to drop the knife

Also note: You're more likely do die from a shot to the leg than to a shot center-mass due to the femoral artery.

You're also much more likely to miss or even hit someone else. Real life doesn't have a VATS system
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2017-09-18 at 04:00 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    We can't use a taser! That might kill him! Better use a gun to make sure of it.

We can't shoot him in the leg! That might kill him! Better shoot him in the chest to be sure of it.
    Did you not read that right? tasers are hard to use, inaccurate, and you get one shot within range. why do you think most taser videos involve pressing use, instead of "oh I'll just stand way the fuck back and use this at max range!"

and shooting in the legs is just about as lethal as a chest shot if you don't have immediate and extremely well trained medical help.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Here in Australia (or most other civilised locations)

Option 1: Tazer the kid, he goes down hard but doesn't die.
    Option 2: Two presumably well trained (do cops do training in the US?) realise he has a tiny knife and there wearing vests and they tackle the idiot. Result, potential minor cuts to cops, kid probably gets a solid beat down but not dead.

Honestly what the fuck is wrong with the cops in your country, they all need there guns taken away from them

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    police fire arm training has nothing to do with wounding or killing

Its about actually hitting your target.
    Whether that kills or wounds is something you deal with afterwards.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"