Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    https://www.google.nl/search?q=in+be...NtTG8Aev25GADQ

Doing my work for me!?!?!?? If you want to learn stuff you google it, not accuse other people of lying, but here you go.
    Sorry, I dont read gibberish, but I commend you for at least attempting to back your claim... You are dismissed.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Sorry, I dont read gibberish, but I commend you for at least attempting to back your claim... You are dismissed.
    Your problem, not mine, as i've said, easy google.

I mean, what do you expect?? We are talking about a none English speaking country and you want proof of what is going on there. Do you actually really think that there will be news coverage of everything going on here in English? You want proof, i have given you just that.
    Last edited by mmoc4a3002ee3c; 2017-09-20 at 05:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    In a country where double digit IQ idiots are allowed to buy guns & assault rifles, I would have a pistol with me at all times if I were the police for my own safety.
    Why not? We let them vote, which has far far greater consequences. When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force, my friends, is violence. The supreme authority from which all other authorities are derived

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    well why not shoot the knife out of their hand?

happened in a Western movie I saw once so clearly a simple police officer can do the same!!!!
    If they don't shoot the knife out of their hand and throw the handcuffs like bolas to calm the beautiful, misunderstood freedom fighter down before rewarding them for their bravery and letting them go then they are unjustified nazi pigs IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Sorry that I can't get Murican mentality when it comes to police gunning people down.

No, this shit doesn't happen in everywhere and seems like limited to USA among the first world countries. Keep spouting non-sensical excuses when your own police is gunning down your own people.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-09-20 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    The response to this article is very different from the usual cop shoots X threads on this forum and it is very telling of the prejudice that is endemic of our society as a whole.
    No its not, it's the same groups saying "Police using too much force" or "Police are justified based on the situation"

Stop finding things to be outraged by when its not there. You immediately try to make this discussions racist when it isnt, and you are undermining the conversation by injecting something, which isnt there, into it.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    And yet shooting people in the legs by the police happens all the time in Europe....
    Give me the actual stats and the details of those situations because I don't believe you. Most often, I see cops in Europe resorting to telescopic batons because their tasers fail, and they rarely have to worry about firearms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Sorry that I can't get Murican mentality when it comes to police gunning people down.

No, this shit doesn't happen in everywhere and seems like limited to USA among the first world countries. Keep spouting non-sensical excuses when your own police is gunning down your own people.
    Read my previous post in this thread about why the cops can't just put on "powerful body armor" and rush armed criminals down. I would rather the cops kill violent criminals that are currently posing a threat to me, than the violent criminal kill the cop and then there be nothing left standing between me and the violent criminal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Guy initiated a car chase after speeding. Ended up getting killed. Excuse is "Lul don't run from cops".

Cops kill guy with knife. "Lul comply".

The guy is a transgender engineering kid. Maybe if you're a sluggish, fatass police officer then yeah you may think of that as a threat.

Meanwhile whenever our cops use gunfire they actually aim at non-lethal body parts (spoiler: Apparently it works). Police officers who accidentally killed a guy with a chokehold got their asses handed for using too much force.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Guy initiated a car chase after speeding. Ended up getting killed. Excuse is "Lul don't run from cops".
    He was endangering other people on the road. It's called reckless driving, and the cop put his car in front of the suspect's vehicle.

Cops kill guy with knife. "Lul comply".

The guy is a transgender engineering kid. Maybe if you're a sluggish, fatass police officer then yeah you may think of that as a threat.
    A person screaming their head off with a knife is a serious threat, whether or not they're transgender. You can be as fit and quick as you like, but knife attacks are deadly anyway.

Meanwhile whenever our cops use gunfire they actually aim at non-lethal body parts (spoiler: Apparently it works). Police officers who accidentally killed a guy with a chokehold got their asses handed for using too much force.
    See my previous post about this subject. Spoiler: it doesn't actually work and you're misinformed or a liar.

For those saying that shooting the leg works, here's a translated version of that non-English source.

"Once upon a time, the suspect's legs were shot. Also that did not help and only after a second shot on the legs could the defendant be overcome."

"Police shot ten times at Messenzwaaier in Winterswijk"

They hit one out of ten shots when shooting the leg. Do you know how fucking dangerous that is to bystanders? You shoot for center of mass not because you're trying to commit murder, but because you don't want the risk the bullet hitting anyone else. If this is how European cops operate, they're fucking retarded.
    Last edited by Shalidor; 2017-09-20 at 03:14 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    Tazer? Rubber bullets? Tear gas? Flashbang?
    Shoot the guy in the knee?
    Yeah man, campus cops carry military grade concussion grenades. Also, in the heat of the moment, in a situation where an attacker wielding a weapon is coming at you, its pretty difficult to have the debate in your mind of "should i taze or should i shoot".

Also, tazing people is usually used for unarmed, or fleeing suspects, as there is no guarantee tazing someone will actually disable them. Attackers who are coming at you with a weapon are usually going to receive a bullet. Also, on the "shoot them in the knee" comment, do you understand how difficult of a shot that is? 99.9999% of military, and police training, teachers people to shoot center mass, not "head shots & leg shots". One more thing, shooting someone in the leg usually results in the femoral artery being severed, which is insta death.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalidor View Post
    He was endangering other people on the road. It's called reckless driving, and the cop put his car in front of the suspect's vehicle.

A person screaming their head off with a knife is a serious threat, whether or not they're transgender. You can be as fit and quick as you like, but knife attacks are deadly anyway.

See my previous post about this subject. Spoiler: it doesn't actually work and you're misinformed or a liar.

For those saying that shooting the leg works, here's a translated version of that non-English source.

"Once upon a time, the suspect's legs were shot. Also that did not help and only after a second shot on the legs could the defendant be overcome."

"Police shot ten times at Messenzwaaier in Winterswijk"

They hit one out of ten shots when shooting the leg. Do you know how fucking dangerous that is to bystanders? You shoot for center of mass not because you're trying to commit murder, but because you don't want the risk the bullet hitting anyone else. If this is how European cops operate, they're fucking retarded.
    No to mention, if the person is on some type of drug a gun shot to the leg or arm may not stop them. If you managed to hit them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalidor View Post
    Give me the actual stats and the details of those situations because I don't believe you. Most often, I see cops in Europe resorting to telescopic batons because their tasers fail, and they rarely have to worry about firearms.

- - - Updated - - -

Read my previous post in this thread about why the cops can't just put on "powerful body armor" and rush armed criminals down. I would rather the cops kill violent criminals that are currently posing a threat to me, than the violent criminal kill the cop and then there be nothing left standing between me and the violent criminal.
    On this very page there is a whole list that i have linked. Most often cops in Europe do resort to using batons, that is standard practice. But in the end i do not really care if you belief me or not, doesn't make it any less true.

The people complaining about use of force in situations like these seem to have very little knowledge about law enforcement and military training regarding use of firearms.

1. You shoot to end The threat in the quickest way possible.

2. You aim for the biggest target, center mass.

3. You are responsible for your bullet. If you miss and hit a bystander, you are going to jail for a long time.

A knee or a arm are very small moving targets. Even those of us that shoot consistently for years would be challenged to hit a target that small, while its moving, under stress and under threat.

Wanna know the best way to avoid getting shot by cops? Don't approach them menacingly with a deadly weapon.

This is a tragic event, but blame lays at the feet of the kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    No to mention, if the person is on some type of drug a gun shot to the leg or arm may not stop them. If you managed to hit them.
    Especially drugs like PVP.

I've seen dudes take 6 rounds to the torso and still threaten others.

Deleted
    It does take quite some time actually.
    I'd presume that it would take quite some time for a chubby long hair geek to run to a trained police officer and do any kind of damage.

It is still dangerous for the officer, sure. But the officer was not alone there, he was accompanied by other officers.

And you would say that that guy wielding a multi tool (hell let's say it wasn't a multi tool, but a 3 feet long machete whatever) was posing such a threat to several police officers?
    When he starts walking there is 8-10 m between him and the policemen. They had plenty of time to just walk back, surround him and use non lethal force. They just didn't have to and chose to shoot him. Not saying it is illegal, he had a weapon and all, but if I was a US citizen i'd expect police officers to be more reluctant to kill.
    We can't be sure if it was a "shoot to kill" kind of thing though its not like they shot him/her/it? In the head. It's quite easy to shoot someone to incapacitate them (ie the leg) and they bleed out or die from shock.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Sad that the police have to be militarised.
    They dont have to be, but for some reason people have the need to act like idiots.

so if this kid was this mentality ill AND the parents knew why was he not in a psych ward getting help, at lest on a 72 hour hold. any law suit should be tossed out and if the kid never saw a psych the parents should be reminded that child neglect charges are a thing.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is what happens when you coddle mental illness instead of treating it.

Tazer? Rubber bullets? Tear gas? Flashbang?
    Shoot the guy in the knee?
    The campus police don't have any of that, at this school.

Shooting people in the knee is just a thing on TV. No police force, anywhere in the world, trains for that. Hand guns are not that accurate; attempting this would lead to cops getting killed in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spicywiener View Post
    We can't be sure if it was a "shoot to kill" kind of thing though its not like they shot him/her/it? In the head. It's quite easy to shoot someone to incapacitate them (ie the leg) and they bleed out or die from shock.
    No, its not easy to shoot people in the leg. NOBODY in law enforcement attempts any of that. You do not draw a weapon unless you are prepared to kill. Period. Cops don't shoot at the head. It's small and it's harder to hit than the body. They, and anyone trained to fire a weapon, aims at center mass, with the intent to kill.

- - - Updated - - -

Are we going to do this thing again, where the anti-gun people, who have only seen guns on TV, expect TJ Hooker like law enforcement? Really you guys?

7+ Year Old Account
    sad part is this coward had to drag a cop in to do what he could not. when a weapon is drawn they are taught to stop the threat. center mass is best place, 4+ shots can happen alot faster than u think., until the idiot is down not moving, letting go of weapon, he is still a threat. now the parents are looking to cash in on the idiot lotto, hope they lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Are we going to do this thing again, where the anti-gun people, who have only seen guns on TV, expect TJ Hooker like law enforcement? Really you guys?
    Holy hell dude! Come on! Ain't nobody, but the super old, going to know who T.J. Hooker is. You gotta at least reference a show from the 2000s. Even Martial Law would be a stretch, I recommend Law and Order. folks rarely get shot and killed by the cops on that one (else it would make for really short episodes) now if the kids today would have grown up watching Miami Vice, they would know that cops kill you dead
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-09-20 at 05:30 PM.