Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    over how many injured/dead innocent citizens in uniform I wonder
    you misunderstand. He's fine with criminals killing people.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    2A is a thing. And cops can protect people without killing. Non lethal weapons exist.

Preventing even one innocent death by cop is worth it. The state should not kill.
    I am going to stop trying to make sense to you. Your reasoning and avatar make more than a clear picture of your idealogy.

you do realize the majority of these cases either a weapon is or believed to involved right?
    Believed. So shoot even if you're not 100% sure?

No one is getting shot over jay walking
    No, they just beat them up http://nypost.com/2014/01/19/cops-be...-he-jaywalked/

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    And almost none of them did nothing to warrant being shot... And those select few get rich.

Hell since BLM started burning down cities, even people who deserved to be shot are getting settlements.
    Nobody deserves to be shot by the state.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    how are you going to taze or spray someone who's shooting at you from 100 feet away? attach extension cords to the tazer?
    Run fast. Zig, zag. Wear heavy body armor. Swarm them. They can't shoot all. Come with 7 cops instead of 6.

- - - Updated - - -

over how many injured/dead innocent citizens in uniform I wonder
    Shouldn't be cops then if they can't take the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    This is a fantasy you're living in dude. You would never, EVER do the job of a police officer
    Of course I wouldn't. Why would I want to be a cop?

without a weapon. Not unless you're really stupid or just want to die. The unfortunate reality is that a lot of bad guys use lethal weapons, a lot of not-so-bad guys have mental breakdowns and use lethal weapons, the only realistic response is lethal weaponry. There are no magic tazers that can shoot 20ft across with accuracy that would guarantee even a well-trained officer's safety. There are not sidearms with tazer bullets (though they do have shotgun rounds that perform that function, should police walk around with shotguns?) There is no kung-fu training program that we can mass-train officers on so that they can disarm a knife-wielding assailant 100% of the time or catch bullets with their teeth.
    Sure. But stopping all the bad guys in the world is not worth the risk of someone being killed by the state who did not have to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    I am going to stop trying to make sense to you. Your reasoning and avatar make more than a clear picture of your idealogy.
    My ideology is that I want to save innocent human lives.

Crazy people, drugged out people, people hyped up on adrenaline will fight right through a "wound", usually without even noticing it... Officer safety is paramount and the only 100% definite way to end the threat to their lives is shooting to kill.

Not to mention it being significantly more difficult to hit a moving limb than center mass.

But you are seemingly part of Endus' "the life of a police officer is worthless' cult, so this argument is lost on you.
    That's quite the conclusion you've drawn. I'll take hyperbole for 500.

Yup, no idea. That's just victim complex and nonsense.
    Wow. This is like talking to a wall. Your level of disassociation from reality is astounding dude. Antifa is on the verge of being labeled a terrorist organization because the tactics they show is literally the same as the Nazis and the KGB and the cops in communist Cuba, yet you think they are the good guys and they don't support a police state? They just want THEM to be the police in the police state. You really are a special kinda stupid.

More thinking WH40k. Without the bolters of course.
    Well, hell, why don't we just ask the God Emperor to help then? Or how's about we go a little different and get wizards to help us? or mutants? Maybe Thor and Loki can pop in to stop them for us? Are you fucking serious with this suggestion? Have you ever played a WH40k game? You are aware that Space Marines are often killed by ... /gasp ..... bullets, right? That they can be killed by the Imperial Guard forces that have nothing but bullets? And you do realize that WH40k is, you know, a game, right? Are you going to suggest we just ask Anduin for some Footman from Stormwind to patrol the cities next?

There absolutely is. Innocent people getting hurt by the people sworn to protect them is worse than immoral criminals doing so.

Thing is, if disarming cops saves even one innocent citizen form being wrongfully killed by cop it is worth it.
    Here's the HUGE problem with your logic: "Innocent" people make up approximately, what, 1-2% of who cops shoot? (well, I am sure you'd define it as 100% since you are supporter of Antifa and, based on your responses, a think that the only criminals that exist ARE cops). Meanwhile, innocents make up about 90-95% of who criminals shoot. Yet, you think there is more wrong with a cop having a gun to protect the innocents than with criminals killing innocent people?

Yeah .... it is like talking to a wall. I give up. In this battle of intellectual attrition, you win. I mean, you started in the negatives anyway, so I guess going further just makes you stronger ....

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Believed. So shoot even if you're not 100% sure?
    you do realize waiting to 100% can get you killed right?

Suspect pulling gun and firing means cop is dead before he can react

Again, your fantasy cartoon world has very little relevance on this subject
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Unlike most of the people in this thread, I've been through multiple police academies and have worked several facets of law enforcement for most of my adult life. The reality may be hard to accept for some, usually it's conservatives who have trouble swallowing the truth lately, but in this situation (and most situations like this) there really isn't a better option and that truth is hard to accept. Most of the time when these stories hit the news, the cop is in the wrong. Misfeasance of malfeasance. In this particular situation, the officers handled the situation about as best as they could.
    I think this just highlights gun culture in the US, in the UK if a person with a knife walked up to a police officer they would likely be tazed or otherwise restrained and it wouldn't event make the news.

It's quite unbelievable to me quite how gun happy the police in the US are.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I'll take hyperbole for 500.
    anyone who suggest "?shoot to wound" either believes that or is a complete moron
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

you do realize waiting to 100% can get you killed right?

Suspect pulling gun and firing means cop is dead before he can react

Again, your fantasy cartoon world has very little relevance on this subject
    Maybe. But isn't it better that a cop does not risk killing an unarmed citizen?

Of course I wouldn't. Why would I want to be a cop?

Sure. But stopping all the bad guys in the world is not worth the risk of someone being killed by the state who did not have to be.

- - - Updated - - -

My ideology is that I want to save innocent human lives.
    Better call White Lives Matter then

Unlike most of the people in this thread, I've been through multiple police academies and have worked several facets of law enforcement for most of my adult life. The reality may be hard to accept for some, usually it's conservatives who have trouble swallowing the truth lately, but in this situation (and most situations like this) there really isn't a better option and that truth is hard to accept. Most of the time when these stories hit the news, the cop is in the wrong. Misfeasance of malfeasance. In this particular situation, the officers handled the situation about as best as they could.
    You understand that there are countries in the world where cops in that same situation won't use deadly force, and many of those have lower crime % than US?
    While I do understand where you are coming from and am not arguing that the shooting was lawful, but there are other options and in case of US it really seems that those other options are not pushed enough, since a lot of cops don't even take time to consider them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Like you can't even find statistics on it
    Until very recently, you couldn't get worthwhile statistics on how many they even killed per year.

So forgive me if I feel your claim of "We don't even bother keeping track, so they must be really really rare" is bullshit.

Anyone even attempting to hold police accountable is attacked by them.

Even with the police spinning blatant obvious lies contradicted by video, you can't get a conviction.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    That is pre-judging, for all you know we are all cops
    Except for Elba..... or is he? Plottwist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    That's quite the conclusion you've drawn. I'll take hyperbole for 500.
    Maybe you should read some of what you and Elba are writing and what Endus will write whenever he inevitably shows up here to complain about police.

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    Here's the HUGE problem with your logic: "Innocent" people make up approximately, what, 1-2% of who cops shoot? (well, I am sure you'd define it as 100% since you are supporter of Antifa and, based on your responses, a think that the only criminals that exist ARE cops). Meanwhile, innocents make up about 90-95% of who criminals shoot. Yet, you think there is more wrong with a cop having a gun to protect the innocents than with criminals killing innocent people?

Yeah .... it is like talking to a wall. I give up. In this battle of intellectual attrition, you win. I mean, you started in the negatives anyway, so I guess going further just makes you stronger ....
    Need citation on that numbers.

Looking at the pic I'm pretty sure any "Alpha Chad" could have killed this kid even with a knife.

Maybe you should read some of what you and Elba are writing and what Endus will write whenever he inevitably shows up here to complain about police.
    I don't give a shit what Elba is writing. Or about your contention with Endus. Shooting to kill in all situations is fucking mental, and you americans definitely have a mental health issue and an education issue when it comes to guns. The rest of the world makes it work with non-lethal force.

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-09-19 at 08:34 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe.
    its not maybe its a fucking fact of life.

You can be delta force, if your waiting until a suspect is actually armed and already shooting, you are already to late.

Need citation on that numbers.
    Honestly, this is just a bullshit response by you because we both know that no matter what source I give, it will NEVER be good enough or valid enough or accurate enough. You will fall back on your ridiculous "I live in a fantasy world" logic that will get more and more innocent people killed because of some ridiculous ideal you want to cling to. Your ridiculousness is the reason why society is currently the way it is and why modern liberalism is such a problem. You all want to live in a fantasy land where facts and numbers and reality don't matter. Where human nature is something we can just wish away. You view cops as this "ultimate evil" so you side with a group that is, by their actions, a terrorist organization. As I said, there is nothing that will ever be good enough for you, so why bother looking? You are so locked into your tiny, close-minded view that nothing with ever change that. You literally are no longer worth the energy or effort to argue with because arguing with you is like trying to nail jello to the wall. It is an exercise in futility.