Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    bullys win. sorry. thats life.

- - - Updated - - -

lets be real here though, was this kid trying to make a statement? or were they just being a lazy shit?

you're right, if the kid was trying to express his beliefs in some way by staying seated, then ok. sit away kid. otherwise, have some respect. its a 15 second speech.

do it for your health. i remember sitting down way too much in school anyways.

way too many of what i like to call "cartmanisms" allowed to fly these days. person sees a way to get out of doing something by invoking some amendment they didnt give two donkey dicks about until they saw its advantage.

EDIT: just reread the OP and saw the religious part. this raises another issue, if its true he doesnt stand for religious reasons then why wasnt the teacher made aware of that? seems like a lack of communication across the board.
    It doesn't really matter if he was making a statement or being a lazy shit. He's free to do either. We can say "just stand, it's no big deal" but that is exactly how we end up with an ever-encroaching government. It's a way to slowly chip away at freedoms, all because it is incremental.

The teacher doesn't need to be made aware, since the kid is not required to take part. If it's for religious reasons, great. If it's not, also great. Honestly, it's none of the teacher's business.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    bullys win. sorry. thats life.
    That's why there are laws: To make sure the bully does not win.
    In this case the laws say what the teacher did was assault and there should be consequences for the teacher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I went to a middle school that was a "Christian" school in the UK. It was not a private school and if any teacher did what you claim then it is against the law to do so.

I never sang at school as I didn't buy into that rubbish and was never singled out like you said you were. Sounds like you had a shit school and shit teachers. My school was the only one I went to that did any of this singing lark otherwise outside of assembly it was like any other school with regular lessons.
    It was a shit school. But the police didn't really do anything about it when my mother complained to them.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I have never met an adult that thanked their parent/s for being strict with them as a child. I have never met an adult that said they respected their parent/s for being strict with them as a child.
    I don't nearly like every decision my parents made in raising me, but I absolutely respect the spirit in which it was done, and the things they were trying to do. They'll admit themselves they were too strict in spots, but you know what - they did their best, with good intentions. Nobody comes into this world with parenting experience, they had to learn on the job.

I love them for trying, and for sticking with me when it was tough, I have thanked them and will again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It was a shit school. But the police didn't really do anything about it when my mother complained to them.
    That seems odd as normally they take a proper look at it. Sorry they had to be dicks to you man =[

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    That seems odd as normally they take a proper look at it. Sorry they had to be dicks to you man =[
    The teacher responsible had cancer so they let her off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kids in Greece do something like that every single day just before the morning classes begin. The process was like that (8:15 the schools prayers begins, the principal chooses a kid, the kid goes next to the principal and says the schools prayer). The problem is that Greece is still a deeply religious shithole. When I was in High School, I told the principal that I don't believe in gods and he went crazy. He expelled me for the day just because I dont believe in gods and I thought it would be hypocritical if I said the "prayer". No teacher said anything, they just let it happen. That kid was lucky in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    That's why there are laws: To make sure the bully does not win.
    In this case the laws say what the teacher did was assault and there should be consequences for the teacher.
    i mean, the people making those laws are usually the bullies. that's what i see almost everyday at least.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    What a dumb hill to die on (in this case, lose your job over).
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect