View Poll Results: Should Linda Wenzel face execution for joining ISIS?

Voters
307. This poll is closed
  • Yes

218 71.01%
  • No

89 28.99%
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Therefore, of what exactly ISIS is guilty ? Of killing their ennemies in an artisanal manner with knives or gasoline instead of doing it the American way, with big manly bombs ?
    Use Google. And are you actually implying that ISIS and USA have the same level of morality? I understand that both feel that their world view is the best and that they'll act accordingly. However I'll side with the world leader that has a democracy and offers it's inhabitants a great deal of freedom, over the side that promotes and enforces one of the most vile ideologies that I know of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    And it's easy for you to want to kill someone when you don't know them and are living thousands of miles away.
    I dont want to kill her. . . I dont have time to travel to Iraq and partake in an execution. I have bills to pay.

I simply don't CARE that she will be executed by a government that has had enough of Isis's shit.

I have more important things to worry about, like why the hell did last nights episode of Rick and Morty suck so bad when lasts weeks was so damn good? Thats a REAL issue in my life right now.

Okay, so traditionally to "deserve" death someone has to commit multiple murders or at least one very serious murder. I don't think this girl killed people.
    She travelled to join an army of murdering terrorists. Who knows how much pocket money she brought with her that ended up funding other operations. She bears responsibility for all actions of ISIS that occurred between her decision to join and her capture.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    What I said ? People are gleefully advocating to murder people they think are suspects or are suspects because of their religion is what ISIS fracking does.

- - - Updated - - -

What I said ? People are gleefully advocating to murder people they think are suspects or are suspects because of their religion is what ISIS fracking does.
    You asked what isis are guilty of and you said it's the same as the americans just other means.

Let me educate you here abit

Ethnic cleansing
    forced conversions
    Child rape and child murder even babies
    Sexual prostitution of children and women, open markets for seeling them etc
    Genocides against the Yazidis for example and again selling the children and women into sex slaves
    Countless mass executions against their own people and other ethnic people
    Crucifictions, beheadings floggings, stonings and amputations in public places are very common
    Using child soldiers including toddlers
    Forcing children into becomming suicide bombers and off course sex slaves

etc etc etc i can go on all day long here

And you can also add every war crime known to man to that list , so there is abit difference in what isis and the americans are doing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I dont want to kill her. . . I dont have time to travel to Iraq and partake in an execution. I have bills to pay.

I simply don't CARE that she will be executed by a government that has had enough of Isis's shit.

I have more important things to worry about, like why the hell did last nights episode of Rick and Morty suck so bad when lasts weeks was so damn good? Thats a REAL issue in my life right now.
    You do care, that's why you're arguing with me that execution is the rightful decision here, because in your mind she is as guilty without even knowing if she was part of or associated with any of the heinous crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay first of all there is a difference between a civilian and an active unit. They didn't hang the wives of the SS even if they knew full well what was happening.
    yes, they actually did. Considered a war crime, but it still happened. Hell, they strung up regular nazi soldiers, blaming them as well, even if all they were done was forced to serve. It happened.

And she DID sign up, the moment she decided to go there. SHE became an enemy combatant at that point in time. Did she have to wield a weapon? No. She succumb to an ideology and wanted to be apart of it, one way, or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Actually NOT at all Endus.

In one case, you have a person joining a terrorist organization whose goal is to kill people. It is universally true that if you enter a foreign country with the intent to aiding/participating in murdering its citizens, you will suffer severe consequences, which generally include long prison sentences and like in the US, will include execution. This is an acceptable form of punishment even if the liberals in Europe abolished it.

In the other case, she is driving a car, which is not a crime in most parts of the world and is generally not punishable with extreme violence against the perpetrator.

I see how you were hoping someone took the bait so you could compare the US to the other countries (like the Saudis) that still practice the death penalty. Nice try though
    Germany (pretty much all of Europe, actually) doesn't support the death penalty.

Even if they agree she deserves life in prison without ever a chance at parole, this is still reason to extradite her. Which was the point I was making, which you glossed over as you were tripping yourself in a rush to try and claim I was wrong about something. When I wasn't.

You do care, that's why you're arguing with me that execution is the rightful decision here, because in your mind she is as guilty without even knowing if she was part of or associated with any of the heinous crimes.
    She packed up her belongings and travelled to join people she knew to be cutting the heads off innocents, when they weren't busy wrapping them in det-cord and blowing them up.

You're fucking right she's associated with the heinous crimes. All of them. She saw that and said "Me too!"

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is exactly what extradition agreements are about. Countries want to ensure that their citizens are punished according to their legal principles, whether or not they're on their native soil or not.

Would you be okay with an American woman being whipped for driving a car in Saudi Arabia? Same freaking difference, folks.
    Yes. Other countries are and should be allowed to legislate and enforce laws within their borders as long as they don't break international laws or treaties. Their laws are easily accessible and even the US Government has issued public warnings to women who may be considering moving to places like Saudi Arabia or even just visiting.

The fact is... She broke Iraqi laws by joining and aiding a known terrorist organization who's actively at war with the Iraqi government. Those laws happen to have a chance of execution as the sentence. She either knew and didn't care, or should've gotten an idea of what types of laws she'd be breaking in neighboring countries for joining a know terrorist group that executes "heretics" while livestreaming.

I may not agree with their laws and if it was my Wife/daughter/mother i'd admittedly fight to get them back... But at the end of the day life isn't fair and our actions can and do have consequences. I may not like it but that doesn't mean an entire country should toss out their justice system because I feel entitled to have my wife/daughter/mother back.

If a Saudi ISIS man is captured in Iraq, he faces the same same types of charges as this woman. If an American man who joined and fought for ISIS is captured in Iraq, he'd be facing the same types of charges as this woman.

So tell me, why should she be allowed to be extradited back to Germany to hopefully avoid punishment for crimes she committed in Iraq? Because she happens to be a young, white German woman?

Would you be okay with a Saudi Arabian man who came to Canada, raped numerous women for dressing a certain way, executed multiple gays, and broke other serious Canadian laws, only to say "Sorry guys... I just wanna go home " and be extradited back to Saudi Arabia where he can avoid prosecution and live out a cozy life back home as if none of it happened? Same freaking difference, Endus.
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2017-09-18 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont care if she actually took part in any war crimes. . . . . the same way I didnt care about Himlers assistant getting executed, even though he never ordered the killing of a single Jew or pulled a single trigger in WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    yes, they actually did. Considered a war crime, but it still happened. Hell, they strung up regular nazi soldiers, blaming them as well, even if all they were done was forced to serve. It happened.

And she DID sign up, the moment she decided to go there. SHE became an enemy combatant at that point in time. Did she have to wield a weapon? No. She succumb to an ideology and wanted to be apart of it, one way, or another.
    No they didn't and no she didn't.

Deleted
    Strange that some of the pro antifa posters suddenly defend an actual facist.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I dont care if she actually took part in any war crimes. . . . . the same way I didnt care about Himlers assistant getting executed, even though he never ordered the killing of a single Jew or pulled a single trigger in WW2.
    and yet none of those assistants were Himmler's wife or girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    By saying ''actually, it's up to the Iraqis'' ?

Most people can apply personal discretion here alongside the belief that a person shouldn't be sentenced to death, especially if they haven't actually committed murder/rape or war crime.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    She should only be executed if they plan on uploading the video to liveleaks.

By saying ''actually, it's up to the Iraqis'' ?

Yep. She commited a crime in Iraq therefore she should face Iraqi law. Simple.

Will hopefully serve as a deterrent to others.
    Last edited by willtron; 2017-09-18 at 06:17 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    and yet none of those assistants for Himmler's wife or girlfriend.
    Were they also executed? I honestly don't remember. Its been a long time since I read The Nuremberg Trials.

Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    She should only be executed if they plan on uploading the video to liveleaks.
    Such edge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Use Google. And are you actually implying that ISIS and USA have the same level of morality? I understand that both feel that their world view is the best and that they'll act accordingly. However I'll side with the world leader that has a democracy and offers it's inhabitants a great deal of freedom, over the side that promotes and enforces one of the most vile ideologies that I know of.
    Well, you might notice that I did not said that the Americans are ''eeevil''-I said that the ''tough online guys'' who try to prove their manhood by screaming to perfect strangers ''KILL HER SLOWLY AND PUT HER EXECUTION ONLINE'' are really not much better than ISIS.