Poll: Should we go back to the old legendary drops?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    They could take the diablofication a step further, and introduce variable stats on items (legendaries) in WoW aswell.
    The scalable ilvls in legion is kinda one step in that direction, adding the rolls to each stat for every item would just add more longevity.
    Shhhh don't give them ideas... Blizz is introducing more and more features fitter for a F2P game rather than a subscription-based one.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Bring back MoP's design. I see it as the most superior. Unlike expansions before it, legendaries weren't tied to luck from a final boss, or tied to one single raid, but spanned the entire expansion, and let you experience relevant (key word) storylines. WoD had a similar questchain, and I enjoyed that too, but it kind of climaxed too early, in 7.1. Basically, bring back the long, expansion-length questchains.
    F no! that was time gating crap, and that crap gets old really fast.

5+ Year Old Account
    They could take the diablofication a step further, and introduce variable stats on items (legendaries) in WoW aswell.
    The scalable ilvls in legion is kinda one step in that direction, adding the rolls to each stat for every item would just add more longevity.
    Shhhh don't give them ideas... Blizz is introducing more and more features fitter for a F2P game rather than a subscription-based one.

15+ Year Old Account
    No drop, quests, maybe not as long as before.

*middle finger* your idea.

Deleted
    I don't want to have legendaries at all. As a BM hunter i had no need for belts whole expansion because the legendary belt is so good. And previous expansions it was the same with the cloak and ring. Rather not have them at all, really.

Quote Originally Posted by madeupname666 View Post
    Legendaries should just die a death

There is no way to implement it without pissing someone off!

Too low a droprate you get people bitching about RNG! and Guild drama on who gets the Legendary when all the stars align and it finally drops!
    Class only questchains you get other classes bitching then you get the satisfaction of seeing that rogue you help get his legendary Gquit!!!
    Everyone gets a legendary leaves some people feeling like they have no real prestige anymore.
    Agreed with the no way to implement part.

Even a "perfect" system, where literal shards of an item drop with 100% off of a boss, yet LFR only drops 1 shard per boss (per player) while Mythic drops say 5 (per boss, not player) and you need 1,000 shards to make a custom item, usable by literally every class and spec, people would still cry that "It's too hard to farm on LFR, Mythic raiders get it too easily!"

I say "perfect" system because it does help with a few of those other factors people complain about;
    - Low drop rate? Nope, 100% drop rate.
    - Class only? Nope, every class and every spec can get it.
    - Everyone gets one? Not without putting in the time and effort.

Even a Mythic level guild, they'll only be able to gear up 1 of their 20 members at a time, and it will take 200 boss kills to get that one item. For a full raid to get Legendaries, that's 4,000 boss kills.

All that aside, I didn't mind Legion's Legendary system, but I do agree that gear has pretty much lost it's meaning other than just an ilvl. All gear could literally be white for all it matters these days. Considering in traditional RPGs white means common, and that's what all our gear pretty much is, there's argument to be had there. Yes, WoW tries to buck that tradition and says their gear is based on power, not commonness, but that's still a weak argument considering most of the gear is the basic entry into places, therefore the minimum power required, not Purple / Epic gear that only strong heroes have.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2017-09-23 at 05:56 PM.

The way legendaries were handled in Wrath and Cataclysm were by far the best. Instead of relying on random drops you had to do expansive quest chains. And it was still reserved to relatively few people.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    The point is, legendary like Shadowmourne are.... how can i say.... useless? You get a legendary weapon after you did the most difficult content. Gz! Bravo! You can now log off till next expac/raid!

I am saying the legendary system we have is perfect? Hell no.
    Who cares?
    Atleast the items actually had some kind of story behind them. Now they're just items that maybe will have some references to WoW or IRL.

Deleted
    I'm completely fine with legendaries going away for an expansion.