Coming back to wow, how fast can I get a legendary?

Hello,

So I am planning to come back to wow but I want to know if they increased the chances of getting a legendary or not because from what i heard everyone now has 2+ legendary items. And what are the best ways to get a legendary now?

How fast can you or how fast will you? It really does depend a lot on how you approach it. You should get one within a few days of reaching 110. You can buy one from the AH. That's two. Doing things that could award a legendary (emissary quests, dungeons, raids...) not only give you chances; they also build up bad luck protection until your odds get better and better. Most players who truly go all out can farm a legendary a week. Not everyone is willing to work that hard.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by irongear View Post
    Hello,

So I am planning to come back to wow but I want to know if they increased the chances of getting a legendary or not because from what i heard everyone now has 2+ legendary items. And what are the best ways to get a legendary now?
    it really depends on how many specs and/or alts you want to play. Legion is not an alt friendly expansion and if you want to get legendaries faster, then mythic dungeons are the way to go but you need 900+ to get accepted to any mythics and much higher to get accepted to higher mythics like 10+. Of course doing all emissary quests and lfr's and normal and heroic raids and pvp will give you a higher chance but you will also get a higher chance of diabetes. Anyway, welcome back to the new World of RNG, please don't expect the grinding to feel like its worth the fun you receive unless you are playing with a guild and people you like...and most of those people have already unsubbed.

I've been getting a Legendary a week so far Granted as the person above mentioned you actually gotta putt in the work. I clear each raid PRE-ToS on Heroic, LFR and Normal, I clear ToS on Normal and do 8-10 bosses on Heroic pending which pugs I get. Get all my Mythic 0's out the way, go to Argus often and kill rares / Invasions whenever up. And a few Mythic+ to score a decent weekly item.

Doing these you're almost guaranteed at least 1 Legendary every 2 weeks I'd predict. Not everyone feels the time needed to go out and clear all raids on LFR / Normal / Heroics. But you only have to do them once a week, and they really increase your chance.

In short, they increased your chance to get your first. Every other Legendary past your first is the same. HOWEVER, they removed the soft cap on the Bad Luck Protection. So as long as you play the game and do as much end game content as possible. The Legendaries will flood in.

Of course I only do this on 1 Char. I have alts, but I look at Legendaries on them as a luxury I enjoy very rarely. So far with 5 alts at level 110, they all only have 1 after about 2 months of on and off playing. But my main is nearly cap'd out on his main spec legendaries, and half way through my secondary spec.
    Last edited by sarym13; 2017-09-19 at 06:34 AM.

so.... i haven't played this xpac at all. I'd have to to dig WAY back in this web to figure out how things work now. Anyone feel like giving a quick rundown of legion since launch and how things work or point me in the right direction?

Deleted
    You should get your 2 legendaries within 2 weeks of hitting 110 if you play just a bit each day.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably like 2 weeks. I've seen some people get one with in a day of 110. It's very RNG. But it does have RNG protection on it, so you will eventually get one. Just spam heroic LFG and LFR every week and you'll get plenty of chances.

Quote Originally Posted by irongear View Post
    Hello,

The first two should drop rather fast.
    The right ones though? Might never get them.

first 2 have a higher chance to drop. To get them just play alot, pretty much everything have a chance to drop them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furthur View Post
    so.... i haven't played this xpac at all. I'd have to to dig WAY back in this web to figure out how things work now. Anyone feel like giving a quick rundown of legion since launch and how things work or point me in the right direction?
    Frontpage of MMO-Champion, right above the latest news, a bar with buttons starting with Items and ending with Patch 7.3. Click, read, learn

Quote Originally Posted by Furthur View Post
    Yeah we all collaborated on a thorough breakdown, then got them to post it on WoWhead so you could find it easy whenever you want to look at it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting 2 in about 2 weeks on every alt I've gotten to 110 after 7.2 launched.

Getting two legendaries should take a few weeks. Do a M+, kill rares, do your Emissary quests, and raid (don't think it matters whether it's LFR, Normal, Heroic or Mythic, probably only counts first kill each week).

Getting the two you want... Well, that's a little trickier to answer.

I have yet to get a legendary, granted, I am a new 110
    Hoping I get one this week

Granted you do LITERALLY EVERYTHING every week (or day, if possible), you will get 1 legendary per week.

The first 2 legendaries come in faster than that. From my experience, you will have 2 by the time you have /played for 3 days at 110.