Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Harvard causes an uproar for hiring traitor convicted spy Chelsea Manning

Former CIA Acting Director Michael Morell on Thursday announced his resignation as a senior fellow at Harvard after the university named U.S. Army soldier-turned-convicted felon Chelsea Manning a visiting fellow.

Manning will take on the role at Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School of Government, the school said on its website.
    Now Playing

Chelsea Manning released from prison
    Close

“She speaks on the social, technological and economic ramifications of Artificial Intelligence,” the Harvard announcement said. “As a trans woman, she advocates for queer and transgender rights as @xychelsea on Twitter.”

Morell, a former CIA deputy director who twice served as acting director, announced his resignation from Harvard's Belfer Center was a result of Manning's appointment, saying he couldn't be part of an organization "that honors convicted felon and leaker of classified information."

"Senior leaders in our military have stated publicly that the leaks by Ms. Manning put the lives of U.S. soldiers at risk," Morell said. "I have an obligation in my conscience -- and I believe to the country -- to stand against any efforts to justify leaks of sensitive national security information."

Many people were flabbergasted the university gave Manning the title, calling it “unbelievable” that a person convicted of espionage could be considered a “fellow.”

“Of all the veterans who honorably served...Harvard hires Chelsea Manning who was convicted of espionage. Unbelievable,” retired gunnery sergeant Jessie Jane Duff wrote on Twitter.

“I'm loyal to Harvard, but I think I'll forego IOP events this fall. (I'd feel the same way if Chelsea Manning were still Bradley Manning.)” pundit Bill Kristol said. Manning replied: “Awesome ! can you ask @Seanspicer to do the same ? #WeGotThis.”

“#Bizarre; @Harvard names #ChelseaManning as #VisitingFellow on #LGBT.. He's more qualified to speak on #Treachery,” tweeted David Higgins, who identifies himself as having been in the U.S. Army.

“Seriously @Harvard?? Enabling a traitor to our country? You need to check your stupidity,” another user wrote on Twitter.

“How to become a Harvard Visiting Fellow: Leak 700,000 classified documents & get convicted of 6 espionage charges,” user J Michael Waller tweeted.

“And Harvard just named him a visiting fellow along with Chelsea Manning. Good examples for students on how to slime your way to the top,” another person wrote.

“Chelsea Manning Was Convicted of Leaking Classified Info — So Naturally, Harvard Sent Her a Job Offer,” a tweet read.

Manning, who was known as Bradley Manning before transitioning, was released from prison in May after serving seven years for leaking classified government materials to WikiLeaks. She was convicted in 2013 of espionage, theft and computer fraud, earning her a 35 year prison sentence -- until former President Barack Obama commuted the sentence.

CHELSEA MANNING FREED FROM KANSAS MILITARY PRISON

Manning's release from jail was widely criticized by members of Congress, who considered Manning's leaks of the nation's most sensitive secrets a danger to America's safety. House Speaker Paul Ryan called the move "just outrageous."

The convicted felon did not directly address the new job on her social media accounts, except in her response to Kristol. She will be joining former White House press secretary Sean Spicer and campaign manager Corey Lewandowski as fellows in the 2017-2018 school year.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/14...ng-fellow.html

I think this is a bad move for Harvard, why would they hire a convicted traitor? Who would want that political firestorm?!

UPDATE!!! https://www.cbsnews.com/news/harvard...w-designation/
    Last edited by FlatBootyJudy; 2017-09-15 at 02:56 PM.

I mean. I fail to see how this matters? She was pardoned, just like yah boi Arpaio. Deal with it.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/14...ng-fellow.html[/i]

I think this is a bad move for Harvard, why would they hire a convicted traitor? Who would want that political firestorm?!
    Depend on where you stand with whistle blowers. I don't think they are heroes but they certainly shed light. The traitorous act was compromising military positions. Which, then it depends on how you view the War on Terror, in general, will determine your stance on the subject.

I just simply don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

good for them?

She was hired for being a transgender and for espionage. lul... sooo progressivee Harvard!!!

So, does that mean this would be the same thing as Trump wanting to hire Sheriff Arpaio?

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    I mean. I fail to see how this matters? She was pardoned, just like yah boi Arpaio. Deal with it.
    Commuted, not pardoned. Still guilty, still jailed, just shorter sentence. Arprio's pardon was a high five for a job well done and wiped his conviction.

Hiring literal traitors, stay classy Harvard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knows about as much about AI that I know about being trans.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    She was hired for being a transgender and for espionage. lul... sooo progressivee Harvard!!!
    That's the part that made me role my eyes.

If she's qualified, she's qualified. If she's done her time that should matter little in the scheme of things concerning future employment. That said, being a transgender is not some automatic qualification much like it shouldn't be an automatic disqualification.

So, I suppose that the usual suspects would be a-okay with banning the flags of actual traitors, for a random example people who would have conspired to overthrow the US government and secede from it ?

Besides, those traitors were also transgenders.

(Arch-traitor Jefferson Davis discovering his feminine side. Surely not him trying to flee to Mexico dressed as a woman)
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-09-14 at 07:32 PM.

Meh, she confessed that she gave out information that got a bunch of Afghans killed and that it destroyed the US intelligence gathering network in Afghanistan which got a whole bunch of NATO troops killed. She did her time.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Meh, she confessed that she gave out information that got a bunch of Afghans killed and that it destroyed the US intelligence gathering network in Afghanistan which got a whole bunch of NATO troops killed. She did her time.
    Well, people are okay with lionizing a slaver insurrection that killed more Americans than the Kaiser, the Fhurer, the Viet-Congs and the Talibans combined.

Manning is a rank amateur in treachery compared to the leeches venerated by the alt-right.

I see the posters of mmo-champ are very well studied in their Fox News narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Depend on where you stand with whistle blowers. I don't think they are heroes but they certainly shed light. The traitorous act was compromising military positions. Which, then it depends on how you view the War on Terror, in general, will determine your stance on the subject.

I just simply don't care.
    I honestly fail to see how an unorganized terrorist cell with no navy, no airforce or any potential for manufacturing machines of war is even remotely a threat to the largest and most expensive military in the world.

From a logistics point of view, the information she "leaked" was strategically useless to any terrorist cell due to their lack of capability and it was useless to any foreign national power as military positions, tactics and battle plans are changed constantly. Also, see: largest and most expensive military in the world. Russia and China would be stupid to act on that leaked information, even if they could.

The idea that her leak hurt anything but the shady actions of intelligence agencies is a bit far-fetched.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    Former CIA Acting Director Michael Morell on Thursday announced his resignation as a senior fellow at Harvard after the university named U.S. Army soldier-turned-convicted felon Chelsea Manning a visiting fellow.

Manning will take on the role at Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School of Government, the school said on its website.
    Now Playing

Chelsea Manning released from prison
    Close

“She speaks on the social, technological and economic ramifications of Artificial Intelligence,” the Harvard announcement said. “As a trans woman, she advocates for queer and transgender rights as @xychelsea on Twitter.”

Morell, a former CIA deputy director who twice served as acting director, announced his resignation from Harvard's Belfer Center was a result of Manning's appointment, saying he couldn't be part of an organization "that honors convicted felon and leaker of classified information."

"Senior leaders in our military have stated publicly that the leaks by Ms. Manning put the lives of U.S. soldiers at risk," Morell said. "I have an obligation in my conscience -- and I believe to the country -- to stand against any efforts to justify leaks of sensitive national security information."

Many people were flabbergasted the university gave Manning the title, calling it “unbelievable” that a person convicted of espionage could be considered a “fellow.”

“Of all the veterans who honorably served...Harvard hires Chelsea Manning who was convicted of espionage. Unbelievable,” retired gunnery sergeant Jessie Jane Duff wrote on Twitter.

“I'm loyal to Harvard, but I think I'll forego IOP events this fall. (I'd feel the same way if Chelsea Manning were still Bradley Manning.)” pundit Bill Kristol said. Manning replied: “Awesome ! can you ask @Seanspicer to do the same ? #WeGotThis.”

“#Bizarre; @Harvard names #ChelseaManning as #VisitingFellow on #LGBT.. He's more qualified to speak on #Treachery,” tweeted David Higgins, who identifies himself as having been in the U.S. Army.

“Seriously @Harvard?? Enabling a traitor to our country? You need to check your stupidity,” another user wrote on Twitter.

“How to become a Harvard Visiting Fellow: Leak 700,000 classified documents & get convicted of 6 espionage charges,” user J Michael Waller tweeted.

“And Harvard just named him a visiting fellow along with Chelsea Manning. Good examples for students on how to slime your way to the top,” another person wrote.

“Chelsea Manning Was Convicted of Leaking Classified Info — So Naturally, Harvard Sent Her a Job Offer,” a tweet read.

Manning, who was known as Bradley Manning before transitioning, was released from prison in May after serving seven years for leaking classified government materials to WikiLeaks. She was convicted in 2013 of espionage, theft and computer fraud, earning her a 35 year prison sentence -- until former President Barack Obama commuted the sentence.

CHELSEA MANNING FREED FROM KANSAS MILITARY PRISON

Manning's release from jail was widely criticized by members of Congress, who considered Manning's leaks of the nation's most sensitive secrets a danger to America's safety. House Speaker Paul Ryan called the move "just outrageous."

The convicted felon did not directly address the new job on her social media accounts, except in her response to Kristol. She will be joining former White House press secretary Sean Spicer and campaign manager Corey Lewandowski as fellows in the 2017-2018 school year.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/14...ng-fellow.html

Oh no! The political firestorm known as 3,000 angry Breitbart comments!

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Oh no! The political firestorm known as 3,000 angry Breitbart comments!
    Especially coming from FOX NEWS, who totally, totally, totally not employed for over 15 years a dude that sold fracking missiles to Iran in the eighties....

(Which is kinda super-duper treason, isn'it ?)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Well, people are okay with lionizing a slaver insurrection that killed more Americans than the Kaiser, the Fhurer, the Viet-Congs and the Talibans combined.

Manning is a rank amateur in treachery compared to the leeches venerated by the alt-right.
    The Logical Fallacies are strong in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Especially coming from FOX NEWS, who totally, totally, totally not employed for over 15 years a dude that sold fracking missiles to Iran in the eighties....

(Which is kinda super-duper treason, isn'it ?)
    At the behest of a very polarizing President, no less. (Also probably Fox News' collectively favorite President of all time)

What is a fallacy in pointing our that if Manning is a ''traitor'', Oliver North is a super traitor and Jefferson Davis is titan-forged level 99990 traitor ?