Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Theory about the void, Elune and the void lords

So, i dont have much to back this up other than a few quotes here and there. Im talking about Sargeras quotes about the cycle nearing completion and some others characters also talking about some kind of cycle, it occurred to me that they are talking about the end of the universe. Here´s the deal, there is nothing that ensure us that this was the first universe ever created, what if, this is like the second one, or the third, it doesnt matter, what matters is that there is a cycle represented by the universe´s beginning, end and the subsequent creation of a new one, how this happens?? well it happens because the void always win, in the end, the void consumes everything, then it clashes with the light again and another universe is created. What i do believe is the first time they come into existence is the naaru, i think that Elune knows how things work, she knows that at some point in the future the void is going to win as it always does, so this time she decided to create the naaru, with the sole purpose of giving the light an army that could stand against the void. I think this happens because Elune is some sort of goddes of balance, and each time the universe is created she grows more powerful and now she can take a void entity and forge it to transform it into a naaru. Also last but not least (pls take a Deep breath because this is really far fetched). I believe that i know what the void lords truly are: before the first universe was created there was only one void lord, the real one, all the void lords that came after are the corrupted world souls that brought the end of their respective universes, which is something really creepy to think about. Anyway what do you guys think?? i know it doesnt hold much water but it kinda makes sense to me
    Last edited by Piamonte; 2017-09-24 at 04:59 AM.

If the universe were to end wouldn't all the beings in the universe cease to exist, including Elune. To me I hope this isn't the case as it feels abit to matrix-y for me. Creative thinking though.

Love it.

The idea that the "Void Lords" could be Titans is more plausible considering that perhaps their physical forms have just been lost.. Like.. Sargeras?

I mean I think the idea is that he's trying to reform himself as Azeroth or Argus in the long-run. Ultimately, Sargeras is a Fiery Green Void Lord... Ash Lord?
    So much like Sargeras has for a millennia, the Void Lords could be the twisted souls of Titans that cannot manifest easily. And they are looking for a host.
    Perhaps they are able to flip into the new universe each time for another chance to bolster the ranks of the REAL Dark Pantheon.
    I like the concept on Elune as well.

And this "real" void lord? How did he come to be?

Your theory doesn't explain Void Lords but instead reduces their number to 1, adding headcanon that corrupted World Souls somehow lose their physical bodies and get trapped in the Void as its servants when the Universe is remade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    If the universe were to end wouldn't all the beings in the universe cease to exist, including Elune. To me I hope this isn't the case as it feels abit to matrix-y for me. Creative thinking though.
    if she was a mortal, yes, she would cease to exist, but the is a goddess, and as she has unique qualities like be able to keep existing even with the universe destroyed. My point was that she was created the minute the first universe appeared, and then with each new universe she grows stronger

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    And this "real" void lord? How did he come to be?

Your theory doesn't explain Void Lords but instead reduces their number to 1, adding headcanon that corrupted World Souls somehow lose their physical bodies and get trapped in the Void as its servants when the Universe is remade.
    i didnt say they become his servants, i only said there was an original void lord because for the first universe to end, there has to be a corrupted world soul, and for that to happen there has to be a void lord sending old gods into the universe. The first void lord exists because he is the representation of the void itself. In the audio-drama Alleria sees the dreams, memories and desires of the void, so the void does have a will, and this will is represented by the original void lord. Also we dont know what happens with a world soul once it becomes corrupted, nor do we know how the void lords actually look like, so your question about "losing their physical bodies" doesnt really matter

If the void lords win then that's it buddy. There won't be a new universe cause the void tards would had consumed everything including the light which means no chance for a new universe to ever be made again.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    If the void lords win then that's it buddy. There won't be a new universe cause the void tards would had consumed everything including the light which means no chance for a new universe to ever be made again.
    Before the universe was forged into existence nothing existed. So how did the universe come to be? If the void lords win and there is nothing, something theoretically could happen to come about a new
    Universe.

Before the universe was forged into existence nothing existed. So how did the universe come to be? If the void lords win and there is nothing, something theoretically could happen to come about a new
    Universe.
    The void consumes all.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

And before the universe existed nothing existed.

And before the universe existed nothing existed.
    Before the universe, there was the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    So, I dont have much to back this up other than a few quotes here and there.

Im talking about Sargeras quotes about the cycle nearing completion and some others characters also talking about some kind of cycle, it occurred to me that they are talking about the end of the universe.

Here´s the deal, there is nothing that ensure us that this was the first universe ever created.

What if, this is like the second one, or the third?
    It doesnt matter, what matters is that there is a cycle represented by the universe´s beginning, end and the subsequent creation of a new one.

How this happens?? Well, it happens because the void always win, in the end, the void consumes everything, then it clashes with the light again and another universe is created.

What I do believe is the first time they come into existence is the naaru.

I think that Elune knows how things work, she knows that at some point in the future the void is going to win as it always does, so this time she decided to create the naaru, with the sole purpose of giving the light an army that could stand against the void.

I think this happens because Elune is some sort of goddes of balance, and each time the universe is created she grows more powerful and now she can take a void entity and forge it to transform it into a naaru.

Also last but not least (pls take a Deep breath because this is really far fetched).

I believe that I know what the void lords truly are: before the first universe was created there was only one void lord, the real one, all the void lords that came after are the corrupted world souls that brought the end of their respective universes, which is something really creepy to think about.

Anyway what do you guys think?? I know it doesn't hold much water but it kinda makes sense to me

Interesting thoughts, horrible redaction. (Edited the text to be somewhat readable)
    Last edited by Geran; 2017-09-24 at 11:39 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, i dont have much to back this up other than a few quotes here and there. Im talking about Sargeras quotes about the cycle nearing completion and some others characters also talking about some kind of cycle, it occurred to me that they are talking about the end of the universe. Here´s the deal, there is nothing that ensure us that this was the first universe ever created, what if, this is like the second one, or the third, it doesnt matter, what matters is that there is a cycle represented by the universe´s beginning, end and the subsequent creation of a new one, how this happens?? well it happens because the void always win, in the end, the void consumes everything, then it clashes with the light again and another universe is created. What i do believe is the first time they come into existence is the naaru, i think that Elune knows how things work, she knows that at some point in the future the void is going to win as it always does, so this time she decided to create the naaru, with the sole purpose of giving the light an army that could stand against the void. I think this happens because Elune is some sort of goddes of balance, and each time the universe is created she grows more powerful and now she can take a void entity and forge it to transform it into a naaru. Also last but not least (pls take a Deep breath because this is really far fetched). I believe that i know what the void lords truly are: before the first universe was created there was only one void lord, the real one, all the void lords that came after are the corrupted world souls that brought the end of their respective universes, which is something really creepy to think about. Anyway what do you guys think?? i know it doesnt hold much water but it kinda makes sense to me
    That's a nice theory actually man, good job. I was skeptical at first but that's good thinking.

Actually scaring to think If that's how Blizz thought about It (I doubt It but hey gotta believe abit In their creativity If a random forum dweller thought of It) that there was just the one and another Universes World Soul was a corrupt Void Lord, hell maybe there were so many universes each of the Naaru Is a World Soul turned Void Lord then turned Naaru by Elune like damn, that's so good...

BUT...

That makes me think of Starcraft again, no spoilers for that but It's really reminding me of that minus the "There's more of them each universe" as It's kind of a cliche thing, It just makes me wonder If they're really just so unoriginal they take story Inspirations for WoW from their other games, It's clear Illidan Is the Kerrigan of WoW as I've been saying for more than a year now, I was wrong about the whole being an angel thing and chosen one and I'm so happy that I am and Blizz realized that'd be stupid to do. I really wanted Illidan to listen to the leaders of the light, to some Naaru "We need you, you've been chosen, It's you who can save us" only to be like "No...." turn around and walk away.

That didn't happen, but close enough, so I'm happy and surprised by their story telling In Argus I'll give them that, subverting your expectations on a game Is a good thing.

It also shows possibly Influence from Diablo 3, and I don't mean Legendaries and Rifts and randomly generated dungeons (Like Rifts) those are bad things that we SHOUDN'T HAVE IN WOW... but I mean the whole Angel VS Demons dinamic, where even Angels have their flaws like the Naaru seem to have, again, we've only seen Xe'ra acompanying this army.

And I have my own theory to put forward If I may:

The Army of the Light Is something like the Naaru version of the Earthen of the Titans, they're "Lightforged" and their eyes glow light which was my first hint, now the way Xe'ra acted just made me think that's more true. They could just be Draenei literally forged out of the light, or just regular mortals made Into servants of the light, blindingly so without their will or agreeing to It and becoming Xe'ras sole servants, with Xe'ra having more grey Ideas on how to combat the Void and the Demons than her other Naaru breathren, cause while the Outland Naaru assaulted the Black Temple to kill Illidan and pushed us towards It Xe'ra was nowhere to be seen.

We kill Illidan and Xe'ra claims It was all part of the plan, well no apparently she just needed a strong vessel, a strong servant to take control of, stronger than Turalyon to lead her armies possibly. Yes she had that vision she showed us, but that could've been made up for us to see and believe to be true, again, she's not a nice person.

Earthen were made to guard Azeroth, but these Lightforged were just made to serve Xe'ras views and zealous ways and her army Is Infact quite small, that's not to says he's not right, she Is leading us to help defeat the Legion... although the Argus zone quests are as pointless as the original Broken shore zones, for all we did we just get a gold version of our ship, really? How's that going to help? There's a golden ship down there, we could salvage It, put golden stuff on our ship Instead of using artifacts of great power to achieve that? And I can't beleive an artifact like that just makes your ship glow gold...

But I digress, that's my thoery that Xe'ra Is something like the Revan of the Naaru so to speak If you're a Kotor fan, someone that actually gets things done and not just meditate and preach niceness and beng light and all that.

EDIT: After listening to the Audio Drama with Turalyon and Alleria, something struck out to me with Xe'ra saying "The light and the shadow cannot exist together" but we all know both must exist, or nothing can. That just makes me really think she has a different view of the world, something like Sargeras' view that all must die so the Void can't win, and she might be thinking all shadow and fel must die so that the Light only remains, no shadow, no fel, just light.
    Last edited by TheVaryag; 2017-09-24 at 12:47 PM.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    Aren't demons said to be beyond time and space? Maybe Sargeras meant that Azeroth has been destroyed in different timelines and our Azeroth's time is soon ending too? (He doesn't think he can lose)

Anyway, your theory reminds me about Higurashi no naku koro ni.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Before the universe, there was the void.
    before the universe there was light.

light faded and the void was created.

void and light clashed and created the universe.

Formerly known as Arafal

Might make more sense for Elune to be one of the Light Lords instead of being the WoW's version of the TOAA.

This way only one Void Lord was revealed to us so far which is Dimensius and one Light Lord which is Elune.

The Naaru are the equivalent of the Old Gods. A single OG is stronger than a single Naaru but there are more Naarus than Old Gods to keep the balance.

If a Naaru can fall into shadows, then it should be possible that a being of the void falls into the light and become a Naaru.

Also we dont know what happens with a world soul once it becomes corrupted, nor do we know how the void lords actually look like, so your question about "losing their physical bodies" doesnt really matter
    But we know how they DON'T look. They don't have physical bodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

My theory:
    Elune is an entity living in the Light, among other entities like her. But she's the one in charge of the WoW storyline.
    "Void Lords" are entities living in the Void.
    When the Light and Void clash, it's a fight between one entity of Light versus one entity of Void.

The 3 main Blizzard's licenses (Diablo/WoW/Starcraft) seem to share the Light and Void theme, each one is developped diferently, but I think that's because these games are evolving in 3 different universes created by different clashes between Light and Void.
    Each game shares theses basis:
    - there is 2 Major planes: Light / Void. The clash between these planes created 2 minor planes : Physical / Astral
    - Light follows its own rules and fights the Void
    - Void wants to take its revenge on Light's acts.
    - "mortal life in the physical universe" is an accidental life form that can make a difference and is seen by its creator (Light) worthy as long as it follows its rules.
    - "Demons" are an accidental life form that has to be stopped

So here's the thing for WoW's universe:
    "Elune" (as an entity of Light) battled "[Void_Lord_name]" (an entity of Void) and won the fight. She took over the "battlefield" where the 2 planes (Light and Void) clashed and redesigned it to create "the Great Dark Beyond" (GDB), a physical universe that could be filled with Light, and the magical residues of the battle created by accident the "Twisting Neither" (TN), an astral plan. Elune is now in charge of the GDB and [Void_Lord_name] wants to claim it.

So Elune sent sparks of Light into the GDB, World Souls designed to become Builders of the GDB, ordering the planets where Life could prosper.
    She also created the Constellars, who are designed to be the Breeders of the Builders and every planets.
    Then she created the Prime Naarus, who are designed to be the Security system, Soldiers and her messengers (Light is wonderful blahblahblah).

Prime Naaru are Pure Light, they can't fall to the Shadow/Void, and they can create lesser Naarus from their own shards. But as Light expands, the Shadow grows.
    That's the big difference between Xe'ra and (for exemple) her progeny O'ros. When Illidan kills Xe'ra, She didn't turn into a Void thing, she just exploded.
    When Kareesh killed O'ros, the Naaru turned into a Void thing (like every Naaru we seen until Xe'ra).

I think Elune didn't plan that one of her Builder (Sargeras) turns wrong and changes the fate of the GDB.
    She doubted that [Void_Lord_name] would try to invade the GDB, that's why she built Constellars and Prime Naarus.
    She also didn't plan that Prime Naarus needed to expand their ranks in creating lesser Naarus, threatening these progenies to fall to the Void.
    She didn't plan that [Void_Lord_name] would send Old Gods randomly in the GDB.

Now let's talk about roles:
    Light: Light is good. Period
    Void: Void is good. Period
    Demons: Destroy!!!!
    the Great Dark Beyond lifeforms (including Titans): hey we didn't ask to be there, leave us alone!

I speculated Elune's plan: restore the battlefield where the clash between Light and Void happened and fill it with Light.
    Now what a Void Lord would do if he can control a Builder/Titan: he will re-program the Security System and change their alignment to the Shadow.
    He would continue to order planets but using Old Gods viruses instead of Titanic watchers.
    Everybody in the GDB would praise the Void Lord and the plane would be filled by the Void.
    The Battlefield would be lost for the Light.

I think everything that happened since Sargeras discovered the corrupted planet and what we're experiencing now is the current battle between Light and Void.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    [Void_Lord_name]
    I can contribute a title here.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Stained_Pa...ion_Invasions)
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Damp_Pamphlet
    The crooked serpent with no eyes is watching from the endless sky.
    It has no eyes to see, but it dreams of infinite endings and beginnings.
    The Void sees all paths as equally true, but is essentially blind in some key ways. Unable to enter our reality, they must observe from outside. From the endless empty night "sky" of the Void.
    Forked tongues flicker through the black pits in dead stars.
    The Void Lords may manifest in the physical realm, but never in full and only briefly. They may only "flicker" a small appendage in and out.
    From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked serpent feasts on stars.
    And to do so, they must devour great quantities of energy. By reaching from the Void to feast upon "stars", perhaps or perhaps not representing Naaru and their fall to the Void, they gain the power necessary to reach through them after they die.
    The veil between dream and dreamer slides away like skin from bone.
    So let's end on the final truth, when the Void Lords are finally no longer separated from the "dreams of infinite endings and beginnings", implied to be their substitute for eyes when it comes to watching us. Making our reality the "dream" they're separated from. And then?
    And even the darkness howls for the light it once despised.
    Then this. How it all ends.

The Void Lord here is clearly labeled, a name given. The crooked serpent, a name suggestive of chaos myth through a connection to the Leviathan.

And let it thus be known. In mythology, the primordial creation. The original "chaos"/void. It's traditionally represented as an ocean, lorded over by a serpent. A crooked or twisting serpent, in many descriptions. By whatever name, be it Yam, Tiamat, or Leviathan. Typhon or Jormungandr. They're all variations on a theme. Perhaps even Apep would suit the theme.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2017-09-24 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    And let it thus be known. In mythology, the primordial creation. The original "chaos"/void. It's traditionally represented as an ocean, lorded over by a serpent. A crooked or twisting serpent, in many descriptions. By whatever name, be it Yam, Tiamat, or Leviathan. Typhon or Jormungandr. They're all variations on a theme. Perhaps even Apep would suit the theme.
    Oh nooo!

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ula-Tek