Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I understand math is hard for some people... But I'll help you anyway.

http://statistics.migri.fi/#decisions?start=560&end=571 from this you can see that Finland took in 82,682 people in the last year...
    http://www.worldometers.info/world-p...nd-population/ Finland's population is 5,527,609

82682/5527609 gives you a gives you a number of 0.01495800444 or 1.495%

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2016/index.asp Canada took in 271,000 people in the last year
    http://www.worldometers.info/world-p...da-population/ Canada's population is 36,698,852

271000/36698852 gives you a number of 0.00738442717 or 0.738%

you are right... 2x is wrong... Finland takes in 2.02x what Canada takes in.
    Ha nice try.

Canada Welcomed a Record 320,932 New Immigrants Over the Past Year, With Immigration Numbers Set to Increase Even Further

So 321 K and even more next yeah.

So nice try. Canada is a world leader in immigration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Uh oh. You guys are talking bad about Canada, you probably scared him off.
    His numbers are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Ha nice try.

Canada Welcomed a Record 320,932 New Immigrants Over the Past Year, With Immigration Numbers Set to Increase Even Further

- - - Updated - - -

His numbers are wrong.
    So you are saying that your immigration service lied to Parliament? Isn't that a crime? You get to show your source, if it isn't a government source it doesn't count. You dont get credit for what you promise...

Even if I give you credit for the number you claim... your number is still 0.00874501469 which is still only 58% of what Finland takes in.

World leader? Tell that shit to people that cant read.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2017-09-22 at 01:01 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dim View Post
    yeah, IMO....the whole "overpopulation of Earth" is kinda a myth. Sure there is a cap of how many ppl can Earth sustain, but I don't think we are even on half that number. The problem like you said is distribution.

Tokyo with its metro area has same population as Canada. You can pretty much take whole population of Earth and put it in North America with density of about 4 ppl on 1 hectare (2.5 acres) of land....and thats a pretty big chunk of land for only 4 ppl. Earth is a big place, ppl are the problem
    Volume for people to exist isn't even in the top 5 in terms of population bottlenecks. By far the top bottleneck is arable land and reasonably close freshwater for it.

Ha nice try.

You barely take any, how can you be a world leader?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    You barely take any, how can you be a world leader?
    How many other countries are taking in roughly 1% of their population is immigrants each year?

10+ Year Old Account
    How many other countries are taking in roughly 1% of their population is immigrants each year?
    Nice try moving the goalposts... What percent did Canada take in?

If Canada is the leader... show who you are ahead of (you'll need a verifiable current immigrant total, and verifiable population total)

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

We do in Finland yet you criticise us for it. What's your hate for us anyway? You seem to be posting lot about us lately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    We do in Finland yet you criticise us for it. What's your hate for us anyway? You seem to be posting lot about us lately.
    He's pissed off at me, personally. That's all it is. I mean, you can go look at his posting history, and find the first thread about Finland he posted, and then correlate with my posting history to see all the posts I've made calling him out on what he's been posting, and I think the proof is in the pudding there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    He's pissed off at me, personally. That's all it is. I mean, you can go look at his posting history, and find the first thread about Finland he posted, and then correlate with my posting history to see all the posts I've made calling him out on what he's been posting, and I think the proof is in the pudding there.
    I would have to agree with this assessment. I noticed this trend as well.

Rofl, fuck this thread.

It's an IMMEDIATELY SLANTED stance on it

"Finland’s Welfare State Has a Massive Baby Problem"

Come the fuck on? This "baby" problem is apparent in basically every western culture. We aren't getting together at 18-29 and shooting kids into people like they did from the 40's to the 80's.

Framing it on a welfare state is hilarious.

I'm trying to be civil, but fuck the OP for his welfare state comments. It's crass, and glosses over the more specific details.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, this is a grossly inaccurate conclusion of the problem and solution.

Higher birthrates will only contribute to overpopulation; in a matter of decades we won't have enough food for everyone (logistically speaking, we don't even have it now). The solution to welfare here isn't about pumping out more workers. Automation will take care of most of these problems, and from there we can continue with proper welfare to take care of our poorest and middle class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Rofl, fuck this thread.

It's an IMMEDIATELY SLANTED stance on it

"Finland’s Welfare State Has a Massive Baby Problem"

Come the fuck on? This "baby" problem is apparent in basically every western culture. We aren't getting together at 18-29 and shooting kids into people like they did from the 40's to the 80's.

Framing it on a welfare state is hilarious.

I'm trying to be civil, but fuck the OP for his welfare state comments. It's crass, and glosses over the more specific details.
    What do you expect, OP is protected and gets to do pretty much anything he wants, regardless of the rules.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    XD Wtf is wrong with these hippies. I have good money and live very comfortable and im a millennial. Maybe they should get jobs huh.
    Well, unfortunately a lot of people were told growing up that you could become anything you want, and be successful and live a fulfilling life from your choice if you worked hard. Unfortunately, thats just not reality, people decide to go into fields of study that will never yield the amount of money they want, and often not enough money to pay their insane loans back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Well, unfortunately a lot of people were told growing up that you could become anything you want, and be successful and live a fulfilling life from your choice if you worked hard. Unfortunately, thats just not reality, people decide to go into fields of study that will never yield the amount of money they want, and often not enough money to pay their insane loans back.
    Worse than that.

As of last year, something like a third of all US jobs paid less than $15,000 per year. And a full half paid $30,000 a year or less. If you made $50,000, you made more than 70% of the nation if I recall correctly.

Working hard might increase their standing on that latter, but it didn't create more rungs and to get that job, they knocked someone else from getting it with them taking those lower spots if not falling off the latter entirely.

So, mathematically, there just aren't enough jobs regardless of how hard people work that would allow them a comfortable living.

And as sad as it sounds. If enough work extra hard without the proper worker protections in place, they become more productive and allow them to fire more who are now just excessive labor and creates a higher demand for those jobs lowering their wages even further.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

1%? The math shows you barely take 0.5%.

(The math also shows Finland takes over 1%)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

Dont tell anyone, but Canada's birth rate is even lower than Finland's. How tragic that some people look at Finland and want to shoot off their mouths, but cant even be bothered to see how badly their own country is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Yeah this isn't the issue at all. The vast majority of people never went into the fields of study they would have prefered and chose more "realistic" paths. A minority went for what you're saying, though people really do like talking about them ever since the frikkin 80's.

The real issue is that the vast majority of "real jobs" can now no longer sustain the lives they used to or demand levels of work that do not sustain a healthy single life, let alone a family one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

Uhhh I just posted we take almost 360K which is equal to 1% of our population. Facts bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    The overlying issue with birthrates is, people don't see the immediate problem with it. People not having enough kids? Well, blame X, Y and Z reasons for it, it'll correct itself.

Not entirely. Let's say that a country's working population is 1,000,000 people. Nice round number. Unemployment rate is 0%. (perfect world, right?) Suddenly the birthrate is cut in half. People just stop having kids. That means there is going to be an entire generation that is HALF as large as it should be, statistically. That means half as many people in the workforce, and just imagine the impact on the economy.

Ok ok, I am absolutely bonkers terrible with math, and I'm sure I'm off quite a bit, but you see the point I'm making. Fewer babies now means fewer workers later, and that in turn causes a lot of issues. Fewer people paying taxes. Companies start going under because they can't staff their offices and factories and whatnot. The prices of homes, no matter if they go up OR down, cause issues with the economy. And fewer people working means much less money being pumped back into the economy.

It doesn't matter what people blame it on, it needs to be fixed. And immigration as an answer? Ok, let's look at that.

Primarily the biggest immigration group right now in Europe are Muslims, correct? Sorry, haven't been keeping up on the news, I just remember that from a few months ago. So let's say Finland decides to just open the floodgates and letting every single Muslim into their country, because all they're worried about is numbers. Never mind the culture shock on BOTH sides of the fence here, but within a century, there will be very, very few non-Muslims left in Finland, because most Muslim countries have a high birthrate meaning they will literally breed the locals into cultural extinction. Finland would stop being the Finland we know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhh I just posted we take almost 360K which is equal to 1% of our population. Facts bro.
    No, you claimed it without presenting any evidence. It's almost as if you know its a lie and dont want to be caught in it.