Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    That marriage was a religious ceremony, and they had religion before that. Religion predates almost every human construct.
    You know, why the fuck does it even matter if it was religious in the past? It clearly isn't anymore regardless. Because atheists can marry. Anyone of any religion or of no religion can marry anyone else of any or no religion. So it's clearly not religious anymore. You don't have to be of a specific religion to perform a marriage either, or of any religion.

So why should a church have any say on any religions that aren't performed under their own authority? Why should a baptist church give a shit if two gay guys get married in a non-baptist officiated wedding?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    So why should a church have any say on any religions that aren't performed under their own authority? Why should a baptist church give a shit if two gay guys get married in a non-baptist officiated wedding?
    Because reasons.

That marriage was a religious ceremony, and they had religion before that. Religion predates almost every human construct.
    lol

Implying that it isn't a human construct.

Even if we were going to pretend that marriage was somehow solely a religious institution in the past, it isn't any more. Get over it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Let's play "name the logical fallacy" that matches the OP's post. I'll start. https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/...Slippery-Slope

Next?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Even if we were going to pretend that marriage was somehow solely a religious institution in the past, it isn't any more. Get over it.
    You're talking to mr "Lincoln was a Republican, therefore no Republicans can be racists" Tijuana. He doesn't think anything can ever change over time.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    You know, why the fuck does it even matter if it was religious in the past? It clearly isn't anymore regardless. Because atheists can marry. Anyone of any religion or of no religion can marry anyone else of any or no religion. So it's clearly not religious anymore. You don't have to be of a specific religion to perform a marriage either, or of any religion.

It doesn't really. You are just playing operator 3 or 4 posts down from me responding to a specific comment that you no longer have the context for.

I wonder how religious folk would feel if we all got together and made it illegal, I mean - the church has done more to harm children than any SSM marriages have ever done.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Because a marriage is a religious ceremony? I don't even...are....are you serious?

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't read what I said. Try again.

Why do we give government any power in WHO marries WHO? Why is this a thing, at all? Filing a form to notify them of a marriage fulfills every purpose you just typed out. Every single one. Why do WE need THEIR fucking permission to marry anyone? Like, why did we ever give them this power anyway? It's stupid.
    Marriage is NOT a religious ceremony. Holy Matrimony is. Marriage wasn't a factor in religion until the 1100s by the Catholic/Christian Church. Before that it was a contract between 2 people, and still is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Because a marriage is a religious ceremony? I don't even...are....are you serious?
    So we can just marry them under a religion that allows it? How is it a problem, again? Although I don't think those old Germanics got married under a religion.. but you know, think whatever you want. Thor was actually the god of marriage or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    So we can just marry them under a religion that allows it? How is it a problem, again? Although I don't think those old Germanics got married under a religion.. but you know, think whatever you want. Thor was actually the god of marriage or something.
    You are playing operator, and have lost all context to what I was saying.

Remember when we used to have Christmas in the United States before all the gays started marrying?

Also this is like three banned topics. in b 4
    Last edited by Rukh; 2017-09-24 at 05:41 PM.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.