Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question Need Advice on RL Issue

Ok so my cheap ass recently started rolling my own cigarettes because I found paying $10 a pack every other day thanks to California's new tax on smokes to be too much for me to rationally convince myself I could afford. I bought myself one of those hand rollers, tobacco, and the tubes with filters. My problem is it seems like every 4-5 cigarettes I roll either get ripped apart by the roller or stops putting in the tobacco about 3/4 the way down the tube. The guy at the smoke shop told me about battery operated automatic rollers being a good idea if I was going to roll a whole carton at one sitting (which I haven't been) and I would have bought one for the lazy/convenience factor but the damn thing was $50 compared to the hand one being $10. So my questions are, do any of you have experience with the automatic power rollers? Do they sometimes do the 3/4 fill and/or rip halfway down like the hand one does some times? Are they worth it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quit smoking.

"I'm cheap" and "I smoke" are incompatible with each other.

I know it's easier said than done, but if your goal is to save money, then your absolute best bet is quit smoking altogether. Without even taking into account what it does to your health.

If however you decide that "I smoke" is more important than "I'm cheap" than just go for the regular ones instead of rolling it yourself. I wouldn't advise it though.

git gud, I used to be terrible at rolling, my friend's laziness made me step up and up my rolling game.

Best advice anyone can give you is to stop smoking.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I'm just glad I don't have to deal with all that hassle as a non smoker.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

15+ Year Old Account
    To all the people saying I should quit, I have tried and failed miserably. I want to quit. My boyfriend who met me knowing I quit wants me to quit. My grandmother wants me to quit. The problem is I've tried multiple times. I had nightmares while on Chantix. I went through menopause while on Wellbutrin/Zyban (no joke). The gum made me sick to my stomach. The patches didn't control any of the cravings. I tried cold turkey/aversion therapy and all that did was make me irritable to the point I was yelling at my boyfriend over little shit. I have no health problems related to smoking and cancer doesn't run in my family. I only smoke 1/2 a pack a day too. I could afford the $10 a pack cost but I just can't justify it to myself to spend $150-170 a month smoking. That's why I was asking these questions about the automatic rollers & if anyone has had experience with them compared to the hand rollers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    "I'm cheap" and "I smoke" are incompatible with each other.
    Ironically I always found that people who were poorest were also the ones most prone to have a smoking adiction.

All the people I know who roll their own do so one at a time. It takes them about 3-5 minutes at most.

I quit tobacco, I was amazed at the cravings, almost overwhelming. And even after 5 years I would smell tobacco and a craving would hit me. It's a super addictive substance, one I wish I never had met.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quit smoking of buy the $50 roller.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Oops, wrong thread..
    Last edited by mmoce9a47a3159; 2017-09-20 at 08:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quit smoking.

I could do it after 15 years of smoking. You can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    WTF, you need a machine to roll your cigarettes? For that reason alone, stop smoking.

Either try and give up smoking, My wife smoked for 30 years (since she was 14) and switched over to vaping, Which for health insurance is now classed as non-smoking.

Or switch over to vaping..

My dad used to be able to roll cigarettes one handed while driving when he was younger (Obviously now I would be screaming at him for not concentrating on the road, but the 70's were more laid back).

As for trying to give up, it takes roughly about 2 - 4 weeks to get rid of all the nasty stuff in your system, and you'll be angry and short tempered in those times as it's the same as people that are trying to give up other kinds of substances, drugs and drink.. Your body craves it in your system and feels it can't live without it.. But your body does go back to being normal. Giving up means your taste buds will be finally able to taste food properly, 1 person i know used to eat brussel spouts when smoking, but after about 2 months could actually taste them and hated them.
    Last edited by chubbybunny; 2017-09-20 at 09:01 AM.

Deleted
    Is it one of these types of machines that are ripping the cigarettes.

You could try using the older kind like this.

Quit, get better at DIY, find an alternative source for smokes, or increase income.

One of these 4 choices will immediately jump out as the one with the most benefits.

Same way I learned to roll joints.

Practice. Practice. Practice.

And please, if you are going to continue smoking, use American Spirit tobacco.

And I'm going to second something someone else mentioned: do you like food? Well, what you've been tasting is not what anything actually tastes like. Quit for the burritos.

God I miss the Mexican food in CA. One place I went to wrapped a tamale and mole into a burrito.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2017-09-20 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Ok so my cheap ass recently started rolling my own cigarettes because I found paying $10 a pack every other day thanks to California's new tax on smokes to be too much for me to rationally convince myself I could afford. I bought myself one of those hand rollers, tobacco, and the tubes with filters. My problem is it seems like every 4-5 cigarettes I roll either get ripped apart by the roller or stops putting in the tobacco about 3/4 the way down the tube. The guy at the smoke shop told me about battery operated automatic rollers being a good idea if I was going to roll a whole carton at one sitting (which I haven't been) and I would have bought one for the lazy/convenience factor but the damn thing was $50 compared to the hand one being $10. So my questions are, do any of you have experience with the automatic power rollers? Do they sometimes do the 3/4 fill and/or rip halfway down like the hand one does some times? Are they worth it?
    Just quit smoking. If I can do it, anyone can. I smoked 2 packs a day before I quit.

Here is the trick: just don't smoke. Just don't do it. Don't ever do it. Stop doing it. When you want to smoke, do something else. This may sound really silly, but it TRULY is just that easy. Just don't do it. Suffer through, until you don't want to anymore.

Also LOL @ rolling machines. It's not that hard, guy. You will get better.

I used to smoke and at one time used one of those machines that load the tobacco into a pre-made cigarette tube (or whatever it is called). The only thing on that I'll say is watch how you pack the tobacco in.

I also tried to quite smoking a number of times and always met with failure.

Then one day the thought occurred to me that God (who loves me) wanted me to quit more than I did. Shortly after that I came across a fellow who gave me a method that worked for me. I will describe what I did in hopes that it will help you.
    I picked a date that meant something to me and had my last cig the night before. Thereafter I carried around my pack (about 1/2 was left) and lighter. When I was going through a withdrawal I said to myself: I will have a cigarette but in 10 minutes. If the withdrawal was bad then I would shorten that to a minute or even 30 seconds. I may not have enough willpower to go a whole day, but I might have enough to go ten minutes, or one or even 30 seconds.

If you can make it through 3 days then you have basically quit. One day about a month later I decided - quite foolishly - to see if I truly did quit. I lit one of those cigarettes and almost immediately stubbed it out and threw it and the rest away. I realized that if I started smoking again then I just wasted all that pain I went through.

Hope this helps and you are successful in quitting.

10+ Year Old Account
    lets just point out this little fact... how much money do you spend a year on cigarettes? how much money will you save per year rolling your own? if its $50 or more, the answer is clear.. buying the power roller is a worth while investment as it will pay for itself over time.

switching to vaping seems a better choice altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.