Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why don't the draenei reproduce?

I mean sure, it's fan-canon that the female draenei have horse dicks, but i'm talking about in game here. If they reproduced, built multiple of those crystal vessels that travels across dimensions to seed other worlds with draenei life, which would work fairly well since they have a rather long life span. This way the'd colonize every known place within a few centuries, while also making Kil'jaedens revenge boner really troublesome considering how hard it'd be to kill them all.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Plenty of draenei children in this game already. Almost as many as human children.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Plenty of draenei children in this game already. Almost as many as human children.
    You'd think there would be more when their race regularly faces extinction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    You'd think there would be more when their race regularly faces extinction.
    Yeah, because if you are constantly endangered, you sure as hell make baking 10 more kids your top priority.

Well aside from the fact that it's a relatively family friendly game (compared to most at least) and so there's very little talk of kids and sex, we have no idea about draenei physiology. For all we know half the female population could be pregnant right now, but have gestation periods of hundreds, if not even thousands of years. I mean hell, we don't even know if they are mammals, there could be clutches of draenei eggs hidden all over the exodar.

It's not that easy. From the outside, you can ask those questions, but when it comes to the people, their individual lives, it's not a simple matter of logic. Plus, there's also resources to consider. The draenei are, essentially, fugitives. They have their one ship and that's it. One naaru and that's it. And they're being hunted by the most powerful organization in the universe wherever they go. It's not simply a matter of "hey let's make babies and colonize planets" because the Legion isn't just going to sit there and let them do it. Heck, the only reason they even came to Azeroth is because they crashed, not because they planned to settle there.

That being said, it's entirely possible that in a future without the Legion, things will look very different. The draenei are highly intelligent and centuries if not millennia ahead of Azeroth technologically. Rebuilding their civilization won't be easy, but it's a very real prospect once the Legion is out of the picture. Argus is probably too far gone to resettle, but can likely provide enough material for a fleet of ships, ready to colonize a number of worlds. Given the immense lifespans of the draenei, their planning is likely on a whole different scale anyway. Kids may not be a priority for them right away simply because they can put that off until other things are taken care of.
    Quote Originally Posted by robgoblin View Post
    I mean hell, we don't even know if they are mammals, there could be clutches of draenei eggs hidden all over the exodar.
    Well, their physiology is quite mammalian - the women have breasts, and that's what mammal means (from Latin "mamma" = breast). But you're right in that we know next to nothing about their developmental cycles. Their gestation periods could be enormous. Their estrous cycles could take years or decades. Their entire childhoods could span centuries for all we know.
    Last edited by Biomega; 2017-09-20 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's not that easy. From the outside, you can ask those questions, but when it comes to the people, their individual lives, it's not a simple matter of logic. Plus, there's also resources to consider. The draenei are, essentially, fugitives. They have their one ship and that's it. One naaru and that's it. And they're being hunted by the most powerful organization in the universe wherever they go. It's not simply a matter of "hey let's make babies and colonize planets" because the Legion isn't just going to sit there and let them do it. Heck, the only reason they even came to Azeroth is because they crashed, not because they planned to settle there.

That being said, it's entirely possible that in a future without the Legion, things will look very different. The draenei are highly intelligent and centuries if not millennia ahead of Azeroth technologically. Rebuilding their civilization won't be easy, but it's a very real prospect once the Legion is out of the picture. Argus is probably too far gone to resettle, but can likely provide enough material for a fleet of ships, ready to colonize a number of worlds. Given the immense lifespans of the draenei, their planning is likely on a whole different scale anyway. Kids may not be a priority for them right away simply because they can put that off until other things are taken care of.

Well, their physiology is quite mammalian - the women have breasts, and that's what mammal means (from Latin "mamma" = breast). But you're right in that we know next to nothing about their developmental cycles. Their gestation periods could be enormous. Their estrous cycles could take years or decades. Their entire childhoods could span centuries for all we know.
    Couldn't they reverse engineer the Exodar and find a proper pilot?

They may only go into Pon Farr every 70 years
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yeah, because if you are constantly endangered, you sure as hell make baking 10 more kids your top priority.
    yes actually, that's a pretty common trend you see in the real world. in places with high child mortality people just have more children to make sure at least a few make it.

In Rise of the Horde, I'm pretty sure they reference draenei having low fertility and parents being especially celebrated and given high priority (along with their children of course).

Aside from the Forsaken though, all races are capable of and regularly reproduce. We see night elf and dwarf children in-game, but they're mostly just shrunken versions of the regular models or they reuse the child models of other races (.i.e. Belf child model for nelf child, human child model for dwarf child).

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    yes actually, that's a pretty common trend you see in the real world. in places with high child mortality people just have more children to make sure at least a few make it.
    People in real world are rarely hunted by demon armies.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    ... built multiple of those crystal vessels that travels across dimensions] to seed other worlds with draenei life ...
    According to Velen, it took every resource they could scrounge from the wreckage of the Exodar and every moment since the crash just to build the Vindicar.

Of course, it looks like Blizzard is hoping that nobody wonders about the perfect Draeni society that still exists on AU Draenor. Like why for example arent they helping us assault Argus? Where is Grom, where is Yrel? Those chars seem to have already been written off as best left forgotten. Blizzard is just sweeping all of WoD under the rug and hoping the stink eventually goes away.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-09-20 at 01:25 PM.

Makes me think of The Walking Dead(tv never read the comic) where it was pretty dumb for multiple characters to get pregnant in the series.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Reminds me of a certain Oglaf comic.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Speak for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    In Rise of the Horde, I'm pretty sure they reference draenei having low fertility and parents being especially celebrated and given high priority (along with their children of course).
    Given high priority by both other Draenei and by the Orcs.

What, too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Reminds me of a certain Oglaf comic.
    Only one?

Deleted
    Since the Draenei seem to fail at everything they do, I take it that they also fail at making babies.

Seriously though, all they are good at is dying and fleeing. Illidan was right when he trolled Velen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I mean sure, it's fan-canon that the female draenei have horse dicks
    Maybe it's Blizzard-canon, ever thought of that?

But seriously, I'm sure they do breed. Plenty of brats in the Exodar during the Light's Heart quest. Plus they have those AU Draenei, so their population is probably higher than it was before they came to outland now.

They don't? Where are all the children coming from then?

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    According to Velen, it took every resource they could scrounge from the wreckage of the Exodar and every moment since the crash just to build the Vindicar.

Of course, it looks like Blizzard is hoping that nobody wonders about the perfect Draeni society that still exists on AU Draenor. Like why for example arent they helping us assault Argus? Where is Grom, where is Yrel? Those chars seem to have already been written off as best left forgotten. Blizzard is just sweeping all of WoD under the rug and hoping the stink eventually goes away.
    And yet, everyone leveling a non boosted character has no choice but to be reminded of its existence!