Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No one spoil it for me yet, but I think I know where they're going with the story of the kid with PTSD - I have a very strong suspicion that he's going the route of Joe from the one-off Punisher comic, "Do Not Fall in New York City." That issue is easily one of the saddest, most heartbreaking comics of all time, and if you're not familiar with it, then look it up. It was also adapted into an animated short by a fan.

First thing that hit me about Lewis is that he might eventually become Nuke, since a lot of signs leads to Daredevil S3 will at least be partially based on Born Again. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_Again_(comics).

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    First thing that hit me about Lewis is that he might eventually become Nuke, since a lot of signs leads to Daredevil S3 will at least be partially based on Born Again. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_Again_(comics).
    We already had Nuke in JJ tho.

Just finished binging the entire show,it was so worth the wait.

Best Netflix/Marvel series to date.

Won't spoil the ending but if they decided to not do a season 2 then that's great and it ended perfect.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Finished it. I agree, best Marvel Netflix series by far. And of course, it's the one that's the most grounded in reality.

Only 4 episodes in and I like it, even tho it's a bit slow with multiple converging storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Just finished the whole show...

GOD DAMN! I think this is easily my favourite MarvelFlix show so far, just fantastic. I think Jon Berenthal deserves ALL THE AWARDS for his performance this season.

Acting was great, plot was solid, no frills, very little extraneous nonsense, action was excellent...
    I'm not watching it right away, I'll probably get Netflix in a month or two, but was curious. How much of the show says "Marvel Movie"? Does it have anything "superhero" or is it a story of a military setting?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I'm not watching it right away, I'll probably get Netflix in a month or two, but was curious. How much of the show says "Marvel Movie"? Does it have anything "superhero" or is it a story of a military setting?
    1) I think it say's Marvel Movie like once in the intro

2) Its not superhero its more grounded in reality. That's all I can say without spoiling.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Oh my god, never seen her before this.
    Me either, but I hope and pray we'll be seeing a LOT more of her from now on. Even if it's only as a recurring character in this show, that would be enough for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Best Netflix/Marvel series to date.

Won't spoil the ending but if they decided to not do a season 2 then that's great and it ended perfect.
    Indeed, the ending was SO good, it almost makes me not want more, because I can't see how they could improve from there That last line legit made me choke up. When he said it, I was REALLY hoping they'd end it there.

It is unlike anything Marvel have done before. Honestly, if it wasn't for Karen Page having a recurring role (which tbh didn't REALLY need to be her) it would be totally disconnected from the Marvel/MarvelFlix continuity. Punisher has never really been a superhero, so if they'd taken the usual route it would have seemed really off key. This show has a more dark millitary/conspiracy/political feel, compared to the usual "Hero trains up, saves the day" feel of the other MarvelFlix shows.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Indeed, the ending was SO good, it almost makes me not want more, because I can't see how they could improve from there That last line legit made me choke up. When he said it, I was REALLY hoping they'd end it there.
    Ya me 2 and to be honest With the way they build the last 2 episodes it made me think he was going to die

It is unlike anything Marvel have done before. Honestly, if it wasn't for Karen Page having a recurring role (which tbh didn't REALLY need to be her) it would be totally disconnected from the Marvel/MarvelFlix continuity. Punisher has never really been a superhero, so if they'd taken the usual route it would have seemed really off key. This show has a more dark millitary/conspiracy/political feel, compared to the usual "Hero trains up, saves the day" feel of the other MarvelFlix shows.
    Part of the appeal with Punisher for me was that he was a normal guy in a world of supers, doing what needed to be done. In many superhero shows, I'll often say to myself "this would have been solved a lot faster by one smart guy with a rifle", and the Punisher is that guy.

"Oh no, Supergirl can't get near the villain, because she can cause you to face your worst fears by looking into your eyes!"
    "We must fashion a blindfold that uses sonar, so she cannot use her... oh, wait, that guy with a rifle just shot the villain from that window behind her. Guess we can just go to the bar."

I'll watch Punisher either way, just wondered.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Best show since Spartacus.

Fuck's sake man what a ride... I watched the first 2 episodes in a row yesterday. Then I stayed up the entire night and watched 8 episodes in a row (Yeah), and just now I finished the final 3 episodes.

Final episode of Spartacus still ranks as my all-time favourite season finale ever, but damn these last 2 episodes come close. Agent Orange ending, holy shit. And great justice for Russo our pretty face.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I completely forgot this was a marvel character at all while watching. Its brilliant and hard to watch but you cant really look away. Its heavy and dark. Its nothing like anything that marvel has done until now. And I'm thankful it is this way.

I am saving it for the holidays when everyone is in the house like a bunch a crazy people and I need a break. I have been a fan of all of the series except Iron Fist (though they fixed SOME of his problems in the crossover) on Netflix, and now The Inhumans (just bad bad writing). Anxious about the new season of Agents of Shield, but I think its a new direction the show has to take.

Deleted
    Damn this is a terrible and boring show, that is by today the worst of the five which is kinda sad as I like the Punisher.
    I expected a PUNISHER show and not a PTSD borefest.

- - - Updated - - -

Also: Madani? SO HOT.
    yeah, no not for me just a bleak face and no personality and the acting *cringe*

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    Damn this is a terrible and boring show, that is by today the worst of the five which is kinda sad as I like the Punisher.
    I expected a PUNISHER show and not a PTSD borefest.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, no not for me just a bleak face and no personality and the acting *cringe*
    Yeah you hated it. We got it.

loved it..

Bit of a slog getting through this one, tbh. I hate the FBI storyline and the acting is TERRIBLE. Jesus Christ on a goddamn stick, the acting is atrocious.

Edit: Except for Bernthal and Micro. They're gold. Everyone else has to stop working in the business immediately.

It’s in the top 2 with daredevil. Acting is fine. Much better than iron fist. Overall better than Luke Cage which fell apart after cottonmouth.