Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilara View Post
    So you tell people not to be a dick, followed by a condescending rant filled with bile. Bit hypocritical mate.
    Am doing a giggle
    I was just asking questions! Or did you by any chance... feel offended by it?

And yeah, it actually illustrates my point. I was using harsh words to ask questions, and if you feel offended by that, this isn't only your problem, but mine too. My problem in a sense that i could get repercussions for it. In this case maybe an infraction? In real life if i would write this to a customer i would probably loose my job. As you can see "to the customer" and that's more or less the most important part: I can rant to a co-worker that way, and it wont matter as long as he doesn't feel offended and runs to HR. If i do it public and post it on social media, yeah then i cannot control who gets the message and i'm much more prone to get a negative reaction.

I don't say this "joke" is wrong in any circumstance, nor that they shouldn't be allowed to do it. But if i do such a joke and make it public i shouldn't be surprised by a backlash. I don't think they should be protected by the angry internet crowd. It's like you want a safe space where you can say anything without consequences. Be my guest, but you should be aware that behaving like a special snowflake doesn't work after college anymore.

But hey, i was only asking questions!

Yeah...

This also illustrates why it would be a good idea to teach children on how to use the internet and social media.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    It's a joke not a dick , don't take it so hard
    Can you explain the joke to me please?

All the best jokes need explaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I was just asking questions! Or did you by any chance... feel offended by it?

And yeah, it actually illustrates my point. I was using harsh words to ask questions, and if you feel offended by that, this isn't only your problem, but mine too. My problem in a sense that i could get repercussions for it. In this case maybe an infraction? In real life if i would write this to a customer i would probably loose my job. As you can see "to the customer" and that's more or less the most important part: I can rant to a co-worker that way, and it wont matter as long as he doesn't feel offended and runs to HR. If i do it public and post it on social media, yeah then i cannot control who gets the message and i'm much more prone to get a negative reaction.

I don't say this "joke" is wrong in any circumstance, nor that they shouldn't be allowed to do it. But if i do such a joke and make it public i shouldn't be surprised by a backlash. I don't think they should be protected by the angry internet crowd. It's like you want a safe space where you can say anything without consequences. Be my guest, but you should be aware that behaving like a special snowflake doesn't work after college anymore.

But hey, i was only asking questions!

Yeah...

This also illustrates why it would be a good idea to teach children on how to use the internet and social media.
    Just saying that your argument would be a lot stronger if you stopped your post at don't be a dick. Instead of going on and being a dick yourself.

It would be ok if it was funny but it is not very funny or clever. I think they were trying to get on the tosh.o show.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    “Rape culture in high school and college is a real threat to many students. The juxtaposition of a violent message with the breast cancer awareness symbology is of particular concern.”

Seriously WTF is wrong with these guys that they think it would be funny to spell out RAPE at a High School football game and also post it on freaking SnapChat?!?!
    There is no such thing as "rape culture".

There.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

7+ Year Old Account
    "olololol, it's just a joke"

"relax, first amendment"

"you don't know what a joke is"

In my opinion: Just because i can do something, it might not always be the best idea to push everything. What happened to not being a dick?

I mean i get it that you want to whine about PC culture and SJWs, but does it ever occur to you to think about how other people would perceive your actions? Are you so devoid of basic empathy? Sometimes i really wonder what you do all day, because if i would act like that in my day to day life and in my job. "get yourself together, its just a joke, not illegal" i would be in my mothers basement again very fast.

Does this really work in your lifes? Do you go around insulting people, are you really such big badasses in real life?
    If by being a badass you mean I wouldn't have a complete breakdown because someone said something offensive, then sure, I'm a badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilara View Post
    Just saying that your argument would be a lot stronger if you stopped your post at don't be a dick. Instead of going on and being a dick yourself.
    I really would love to live in a world where "dont be a dick" would be sufficient. Sadly as i had many discussions the like, i know that this would be ignored or downplayed as something with "cuck".

So the reason i have to go on is to explain why it is in every persons self interest to not be a dick. That may be condescending if you're aware of this, but mind you i try to talk to people who somehow seems to lack any trace of empathy.

If you felt offended by it (and this is not sarcastic, this is what i actually think) i'm sorry for that, but in this case you weren't my target audience - which in turn is another great example why their whole joke was stupid. Maybe their rivals are okay with that, maybe this is an ongoing meme battle. And no one would care if they wouldn't do it public. Like you wouldn't care me ranting if it was private.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    If by being a badass you mean I wouldn't have a complete breakdown because someone said something offensive, then sure, I'm a badass.
    I read the article again - nope - no one loosing their shit completely. People either argue that it was a bad joke, that it is in conflict with guidelines and that it could be traumatizing for victims of rape.

No one having a complete breakdown. Maybe the victims of rape, but i really don't want to start to tell rape victims how they have to feel.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    So glad they didnt have social media when I was a teenager.

I have done my share of stupid things
    In the near future you will have the option to confess to thought police and take the punishment you deserve. Just wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    The way gamers and people on the internet talk about figurative rape is not really well known in "the real world" so jokes like these don't translate well outside of closed circles.
    That's not gamers and people on the internet, that's just people in general. Yes, people know that. It's no different than saying "man I fucked you" or "you got fucked". Is that problematic now, too?

- - - Updated - - -

In my opinion: Just because i can do something, it might not always be the best idea to push everything. What happened to not being a dick?
    To whom are they being a dick?

Deleted
    D*ckheads. nothing more. Many of those on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    That's not gamers and people on the internet, that's just people in general. Yes, people know that. It's no different than saying "man I fucked you" or "you got fucked". Is that problematic now, too?
    In my country "suck my dick" and "I'll fuck your mom" are pretty much greetings. Something that basically translates to "I'll unearth and fuck your mom's dead relatives" is used quite often when you're excited about something. It's not used by edgy teens, it's used by everyone from teens to old people to people that just met.

It's literally beyond my power to understand how people that are offended by everything even function. But then again if I told some SJW that I fucked his mom he'd be ecstatic and ask me to do his wife next.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    How is this even news? Some people will be offended/triggered by anything /sigh.

Deleted
    I have never in my life heard a woman use the term rape in that way, have you?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I mean is that a kid slang now days, like we gonna 'rape' you as a slang for 'beat'? I will never understand kids these days lol
    O.o

It's been a thing for 30+ years lol.

Seriously I grew up in the late 80's/early 90's and even back then rape was used as slang for one team/person/etc destroying/dominating/annihilating/facerolling* another.

*Well not facerolling as that wasn't a term yet, but you get what I mean.

“non-partisan group of concerned parents, students and citizens”
    I lol'd. Like right out of the Simpsons "WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN".

Yeah joking about raping a friend is just not cool.
    At least fucking read the post.

"Daniel" is the opposing school, the adversary in the game, not a friend. Holy hell.

The incident occurred during Westside High School’s football game Friday against rival high school D.W. Daniel.
    Dudes should have just re-assembled into "P E A R" and avoid drama.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2017-09-21 at 09:13 AM.

And how is this at all worth it, since the very beginning kids do stupid things, this is just another. Wasn't the first won't be the last.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seriously WTF is wrong with these guys that they think it would be funny to spell out RAPE at a High School football game and also post it on freaking SnapChat?!?!
    Nothing is wrong with them, I think the issue here lies with the "The Anderson 5 Citizens for Quality Education Facebook group" who misunderstood what they were seeing, got triggered by their own stupidity, and blew this all out of proportion lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    It's a joke not a dick , don't take it so hard
    Op is gay, hard for him to not take it hard