Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Personal reasons aside - You can't fault a person for engaging in PvP on a PvP server. They chose that server so they could gank, camp, and/or piss people off. Yeah, it can be frustrating to the person getting killed, but that's why we have these specific servers. It's not fair for people who don't like it, to then complain about it. You had a choice to pick a PvE server and engage in PvP when you saw fit, so why should the guy doing the PvP be made to feel guilty? He/she chose that server and it's not their fault you don't want to participate. They don't need to follow other people personal PvP "morals".
    Not faulting pvp per se.
    Just cant believe that mindset of "having fun for wasting someones time" exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    The fun lies with getting a response like this from people like you. Something that takes little to no effort nets a bare minimum of a few minutes taken out of a person's day to bitch about them getting killed in one GCD.
    What's enjoyable about that? Serious question and not judging you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    its a sad attempt to amuse oneself with WPvP.

if only WPvP would finally get its own set of cosmetic rewards and unique easy to obtain (to promote alt play) currency, gankers... would finally get their challenge and a more enjoyable version of fun.

attract more flies with honey than vinegar, blizzard.
    Only wpvp rewards I can think of are the bloody coin mushan and the marks of prey hawkstrider, and the latter can only be obtained in pvp and falcosaur areas.

On a sidenote, any time I've ganked anyone, the same feelings/thoughts going through my head are exactly the same that goes into my head when I play Grand Theft Auto and mow down pedestrians. I rarely do it, though, (the ganking, I mean) and I pretty much won't kill anyone more than once because I remember that I'm probably just annoying someone. (Well, that, and to be honest it's kind of boring unless you're doing something with a group that's funny. Like way back in the day, a friend of mine would have a low level hunter pet, and he'd manually control it into a group of really low level players, to make them think it's just another enemy, and attacking it would flag them for PVP, then me and a friend would jump out from behind a rock and attack them. You can't even do anything like that anymore lol. Also, he called his pet Sarsspreader.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    It's fun because you know you're ruining someone else's time in the game. It's really nice when you get people that emote you over it or whisper you on their alts to complain. The best is when you're campng someone's low level alt and they get their main and you start camping their main.
    Why is that fun? Seriously want to know and I'm not judging you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    What's enjoyable about that? Serious question and not judging you for it.
    it's the Thrill. How long does it take him to make an alt and whisper me? How does he react? Seriously, i had some of the best ingame conversations after ganking people, some went even on my friendlist ( and vice versa ). It's all about the reaction. The more they threaten me in reallife, the harder they will be ganked until there is no tomorrow. Accusing me of being a child? One more gank for you. Saying veeeery bad things about mother/wife/child. MORE ganking!
    Simply the notion, even in this thread, that all PVP gankers are children. Well, since i've done ganking even before WoW it really becomes somewhat difficult being a child. I try hard, won't work though. And yes, i have a basement, my parents too. No one sitting in there. But seriously thought about it in the summer, so hot!

And if the people log on their mains and stomp me into the ground.. chapeaux! I deserved that, no harm done, it's a game.

Yes, it destroys someone's gaming experience in this moment. I am the reason, but i am not at fault. Because i am not responsible if the people choose the wrong server. The gaming experience is destroyed because of wrong expectations.
    It is not the cars fault, if you buy one you can't handle and have an accident. It is not the fault of David Hasselhoff wenn your feet actually get wet when stepping into the sea. "YOU" chose to.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleri View Post
    it's the Thrill. How long does it take him to make an alt and whisper me? How does he react? Seriously, i had some of the best ingame conversations after ganking people, some went even on my friendlist ( and vice versa ). It's all about the reaction. The more they threaten me in reallife, the harder they will be ganked until there is no tomorrow. Accusing me of being a child? One more gank for you. Saying veeeery bad things about mother/wife/child. MORE ganking!
    Simply the notion, even in this thread, that all PVP gankers are children. Well, since i've done ganking even before WoW it really becomes somewhat difficult being a child. I try hard, won't work though. And yes, i have a basement, my parents too. No one sitting in there. But seriously thought about it in the summer, so hot!

And if the people log on their mains and stomp me into the ground.. chapeaux! I deserved that, no harm done, it's a game.

Yes, it destroys someone's gaming experience in this moment. I am the reason, but i am not at fault. Because i am not responsible if the people choose the wrong server. The gaming experience is destroyed because of wrong expectations.
    It is not the cars fault, if you buy one you can't handle and have an accident. It is not the fault of David Hasselhoff wenn your feet actually get wet when stepping into the sea. "YOU" chose to.
    Nah, you're a douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    On patchwork like Bosses casual mainchar rogues will do about 1.3 to 1.5M dps, assuming gear between 930 and 940. Twinks are way below. First because they are twinks and not mainchars, therefore not executed as good. Second because raid buffs are missing. Third because they got worse gear, I suppose twinks to be as low as 900 to 910, some luxury twinks may be slightly higher. So I just drop them at 1.2M dps each. Total 6M dps. I suppose they are even lower.

I'm a casual tank, at about 10M HP, 35% reduce from armor flat, 10% from versatility. So they stay at 700k dps left on me each, 3.5M total. But I got selfheal, can buff my armor up and even damage them as well. If I stack Barkskin (20%), Survival Instincts (66%) and Rage of the Sleeper (25%) they will only make nihilistic 700k dps as a group. I can keep that up for at least 10 seconds. Then the buffs will slowly fade one after another and they may start to outdps my selfheals. But this in general is enough time for me to kill them all, since they won't have that much hp as twinks. Using potions and trinkets will make this task even easier. And most likely concordance or non use trinkets will procc as well. And I'm bad at pvp.

Additionally in general most people won't be on their own since there is something like groupfinder, so the 5 twinks are facing a group of 2-5 people most of the time. So I still doubt they could kill anyone who was paying attention to the game or was not low on health in the first place. They can roflstomp on other twinks and even on some lonely guys or someone dropping low health from falling of cliffs, using cliffs as shortcuts or something. Even on people not paying attention, but that should be the minority.

- - - Updated - - -

Choosing a pvp server because at the beginning there were no battlegrounds at all, some friends wanted to pvp anyway. So the only choice is to play without the friends or go on a pvp server. I think noone in the world is complaining about pvp on a pvp server, but ganking on pvp servers is not pvp. More likely it is group raping in a club, not dancing and drinking, to stick to your analogy.
    Stuns, kicks, dmg CDs etc

They will burst for far more than the avg over a few minutes fight dps. And I highly doubt that you can kill a 4.4m+ rogue in 10 seconds.

BTW you can gear your twinks to 920+ with barely any effort at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    You came here to support the OP's complains about WPvP when you don't even play WoW anymore, what a loser dweeb.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like they're successful imo. Seeing how you're making threads here whining about them. That's the entire point of ganking, to grief players and get your jolly's off thinking about how much you're pissing them off. Glad to see ganking still works.

If u are dumb enough to play on a pvp server...ur fault

Why be on a pvp server if you hate being killed in the open world? If its really that bad for you just make some friends on a pve server and shard over to do dailies.

Deleted
    I PLAY ON PVE SERVER.

That said, i don't think people see the difference between ganking and griefing. I ganked too. I remember it was fun in Grizzly hills, i did it with a friend and usually we stopped when we got killed once.

But when you kill the same people 30 time or camp a place for HOURS, well this slips into griefing (and you have nothing better to do with your life it seems).

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Nah, you're a douchebag.
    funny thing that this all you have to say when someone gives you an honest answer with complete sentences instead of "trololol go PVE b..ch"
    we have a saying in germany, roughly translated: "don't throw stones while sitting in a glass house"

You see, you throw your stones against your glass wall and it shatters, i for myself am sitting there throwing my dead brain against the glass walls and nothing happens. Dead brains don't break glass. Win

have a nice day
    Last edited by Theleri; 2017-09-22 at 09:03 AM. Reason: threw my brain against typos

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Would you gank lone horde if you were alone?
    Sometimes, sometimes not.

Sometimes Im on my own and I get ganked by 5. Sometimes Im doing a rare with people and they turn and gank.

It happens, it's a bit inconvenient but get over it and move on.

Like I said, nothing wrong with ganking on either side just dont be that dick that does multiple times over.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah, you're a douchebag.
    we should really find a way to monetise your sodium production levels. i mean, everyone on this forum could be rich

Quote Originally Posted by Theleri View Post
    funny thing that this all you have to say when someone gives you an honest answer with complete sentences instead of "trololol go PVE b..ch"
    we have a saying in germany, roughly translated: "don't throw stones while sitting in a glass house"

You see, you throw your stones against your glass wall and it shatters, i for myself am sitting there throwing my dead brain against the glass walls and nothing happens. Dead brains don't break glass. Win

have a nice day
    Did you read what he said?

Did you read what he said?
    i'm not sure to which "he" you are refering to... so.. maybe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Stuns, kicks, dmg CDs etc

They will burst for far more than the avg over a few minutes fight dps. And I highly doubt that you can kill a 4.4m+ rogue in 10 seconds.

BTW you can gear your twinks to 920+ with barely any effort at all.
    Rage of Sleeper makes immune to any CC, therefore stuns are a waste of global cooldown. Kicks wont work on tanks since we do not cast anything. On top of that there is also the pvp perk that automatically disables all CCs above 5 seconds duration. Stun is more than 5 seconds I think, therefore it won't work. Rage of the Sleeper and Potion on top will make my Thrash crit for 1.1 to 1.3M on each target. Sometimes it proccs to fire another. None the less there may be a moonfireprocc from any attack. Just to even the numbers I can use the glaive trinket on top. So they have to stand in the glaives or move out, since they are melee they can't damage me then anymore. Thorns will also do some damage passively. When the 10 seconds are over they can start to outdps my selfheals, but then they will be low on health and will die before I do.

As stated before, on my mainchar I see multiple people trying to gank, even some smaller groups, but I just won't die unless they hit me when on low health for any reason or if they are a really large group. And I think it must be davastating expecting an easy pray and in return to just get slaughtered by a pve girl. Sometimes I wonder why they even bother to attack tanks at all.

Deleted
    It's unfortunately human nature to not only show dominance over people with less power (especially in groups vs. 1), but to then also humiliate those people with less power by doing it over and over again.

It's basically the in-game equivalent of a gang attacking someone in an ally and then kicking him while he's on the floor. This gang finds that fun, too. Mentally, it's the same stimulus.

In many cases, it's overcompensation for other shortcomings that a person has. In some cases it's actual psychopathy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    For some reason this thread feels 12 years old.