Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Then again, A'dal was never a fan of Illlidan, as Xe'ra seems to have been. Perhaps he was part of a different faction? It's a shame that a lot of people seem to be simplifying all of this to "the light is evil" rather than "the light is not inherently good," which allows for far more complexity and makes the lore far more interesting.
    Yeah, I was pretty impressed with the depth of these reveals. It reminded me a lot of how much the Chronicle originally changed.

I'm also surprised by the outlook that warriors of the Light are mindless slaves. The audio drama ends with both Turalyon and Lothraxion admitting that they totally disagree with Xe'ra over her treatment of Alleria. Xe'ra's their leader and they like her, but that doesn't mean they think her entire worldview is indisputable.

"The light is evil!!!!"

Stop trying to force this please. I know they want their shades of grey story lines but they are trying to force it way to hard with beings that never showed a single ounce of evil before. Trying to make the light seem evil for killing demons.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Then again, A'dal was never a fan of Illlidan, as Xe'ra seems to have been. Perhaps he was part of a different faction? It's a shame that a lot of people seem to be simplifying all of this to "the light is evil" rather than "the light is not inherently good," which allows for far more complexity and makes the lore far more interesting.
    Well, all Guardians of the Universe need a Ganthet or two. But yeah, the Light obviously isn't evil. However, I think it's likely that there have historically been horrifying Armies of the Light whose ideals would be inherently offensive to ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    "The light is evil!!!!"

Stop trying to force this please. I know they want their shades of grey story lines but they are trying to force it way to hard with beings that never showed a single ounce of evil before.
    There always was an angle to the naaru the moment they were introduced, alongside the racial leader velen. The hints have been there for years, the light isn't evil it is manipulative and zealous, that does not make it evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I think a major point is being missed here. It's not even that Light is not good, or that Void isn't evil. It's that our realm was created from the interaction between them, and both are equally important to us.

Xe'ra is not evil or trying to enslave people over lies she is telling them. To her, those things are true. It's almost like a reverse "evils beyond our understanding" situation. The Light and Void can't comprehend our world. The average mortal still tends to value what the Light does. There was a point near the end about how the Void couldn't comprehend things like love which Alleria used to win. Ultimately, the Void's ultimate goal is still far more evil from a mortal's perspective.

Xe'ra's goals can often be an anathema to us, but the Void is by default. Because they are extremes, there can be good and bad depending on the context. This also gives new perspective to all of the proud declarations from the Old Gods and their minions. It seems likely that the reason they're so arrogant about the future they promise us is because, like Xe'ra, it's what they know to be true, but they're only seeing half of the story themselves. It's like a two-dimensional creature trying to comprehend a three-dimensional universe.
    This is very well said!

Really wonder what Blizz is planing for Warcraft's endgame after all this.
    Besides obvious defeating Void lords, It could go in hundred different directions with Light/Void balance thingie.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-09-21 at 09:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    "The light is evil!!!!"

Stop trying to force this please. I know they want their shades of grey story lines but they are trying to force it way to hard with beings that never showed a single ounce of evil before. Trying to make the light seem evil for killing demons.
    And that makes them semi-competent villains.

7+ Year Old Account
    without teh light there can be no shadows and with out shadow there is nothing for teh light to illuminate. 2 forces are eternally battling for stalemate. and we are the balance.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

"The light is evil!!!!"

Well see. Sargeras defeated the Light ages ago, or so he believes. We've seen evil from the Scarlet Crusade before, as well as the High Arakkoa, so this isn't so new. This isn't "the Light is evil". This is, "we may not have seen the full story in a war that has been going on since before time began".

Deleted
    Good, the worst thing they could have done is make it about good vs evil...

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Good, the worst thing they could have done is make it about good vs evil...
    Yeah, now we have to listen to self-righteous rhetoric from both sides. Fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Yeah, actually. Means there's a moral gray area instead of literal good vs literal evil.

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    We already know how they do that. They still sound like shady bastards when they try.
    The Light would have your kind remain obedient and stagnant. I offer the gifts of freedom and strength. I hope you remember my kindness

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    According to this story arator is the anchor for Alleria, if he dies she will very likely loose it. I like this personally it opens up the possibility to wipe out one entire branch of those damn windrunners.
    Turalyon and Alleria are also eachother's anchors.

The audio cleared some things up, but still, I personally don't like it that they can't keep things simple and have to dwelve into essential powers of the universe. All this "seeing possible futures" from both the light's and shadow's perspective makes these characters oracles of some sort.

"Oh I saw the future" is going to be a trend in the future.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-09-21 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So pleased to hear some of the concepts in this, its taking things in a direction I really want them to go.

Locus-Walker: "The Light seeks one path, and shuns others as lies. The Shadow seeks every possible path, and sees them all as truth." "Neither viewpoint is true, neither is wrong."

The Void isn't emptiness or nothingness, it's infinite possibility. All things are possible, all things can become true... for a given value of truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Turalyon and Alleria are also eachother's anchors.

The audio cleared some things up, but still, I personally don't like it that they can't keep things simple and have to dwelve into essential powers of the universe. All this "seeing possible futures" from both the light's and shadow's perspective makes these characters oracles of some sort.

"Oh I saw the future" is going to be a trend in the future.
    I think that's a case where those forces were deliberately trying to show them futures. The maddening whispers of the Void, "Your heart will explode", are all about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    So pleased to hear some of the concepts in this, its taking things in a direction I really want them to go.

Locus-Walker: "The Light seeks one path, and shuns others as lies. The Shadow seeks every possible path, and sees them all as truth." "Neither viewpoint is true, neither is wrong."

The Void isn't emptiness or nothingness, it's infinite possibility. All things are possible, all things can become true... for a given value of truth.
    You said my thoughts more eloquently than I could have.. Thanks for this.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Sounds fair. The whole thing also fits into what I've often said about how the Light represents ideals, and believes there's a way things should be, while the Void doesn't believe in such concepts like ideal states and just wants more. Which means the Light is stagnant once it reaches its perfect state, while the Void is malignant because it never stops because there is no final goal to its growth. That's also why the mutation is random. The Void doesn't have any interest in perfect design or beauty the way we see it. That's not an ideal it has.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2017-09-21 at 10:21 PM.

It's cool how his comparison literally describes what Light and Void are all about.

Light sticks to dogmas, one ultimate truth, which's common viewpoint in majority of religions, and at the same time refuses all the others.
    Void embraces all the possibilities which can pretty easily be associated with madness. Just tying to imagine something infinite makes you feel a little mad

Really shows why there needs to be balance between stagnancy of the Light and ever-motioness of the Void.

Funny how Benedictus in a certain way summed this up back in Cataclysm.

There is no good. No evil. No Light. There is only POWER!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What I really find interesting is that anyone using the Light (and I guess the Void) can access some form of divination.
    I don't think that's true. They had access to Xe'ra and her personal teachings, and the Void loves to give people visions freely to manipulate them.