Class trials fucking suck

They only teach you one spec, which is bullshit. But the worst thing by far, which makes it completely fucking useless, is that it only teaches you how to use five abilities or so. Then after it's over it gives you a warning saying "WAIT ARE YOU SURE YOU SHOULD MAYBE CHECK OUT YOUR SPELLBOOK BRO", so then you open your spellbook... And you find twenty other abilities the game didn't explain how to use.

What's the fucking point of a class trial if it doesn't even teach you how to use the class properly? This should be a tutorial that explains every in and out, not five abilities and then say "Here now fuck off and good luck learning everything else on your own".

What a waste of development time. Probably implemented only to sell more boosts.

Not disagreeing with the fact they suck, but they're not going to go through every ability you have it'd overwhelm a new player and be a lot more work for blizzard to keep up to date. To level you only need your basic abilities, and you'll add the rest as you go. If people care about it that much they can level from the start or find an online guide (like you should anyway if you care about knowing your class) to if you're buying a boost and want to figure out how to play properly.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-09-21 at 11:18 PM.

I tried some class trials (mainly warrior and survival). It didn't seem so bad. Teaches you the basics. They could have added 1 or 2 extra steps (such as crowd control) but it still seems good enough for a new player (or someone new to the spec).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Not disagreeing with the fact they suck, but they're not going to go through every ability you have it'd overwhelm a new player and be a lot more work for blizzard to keep up to date. To level you only need your basic abilities, and you'll add the rest as you go. If people care about it that much they can level from the start or find an online guide (like you should anyway if you care about knowing your class) to if you're buying a boost and want to figure out how to play properly.
    Yeah, a new player totally isn't overwhelmed when they open up their spellbook and see twenty abilities that they need to put somewhere and figure out how to use on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    This is why the ability prune happened. Who gives a shit if new players are dumb and can't manage abilities?
    The groups they end up in do

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    No group would take someone who can't understand how to play their class, they should quit the game if they can't manage their abilities, not make blizzard make classes even easier.
    Thank you for making my point

15+ Year Old Account
    The class trials teach you the basic fundamentals of the class not the inner workings to maximize your dps/heal/tanking skills. Those things come with practice and patience in some cases. I do agree that they should allow a couple more specs to be opened up for certain classes but that's mostly for a tank or healer spec need. Druids get the 2 dps specs because one is a melee and the other is a caster spec. Hunters get melee or ranged specs to try out since the two are completely different roles & game plays. I don't understand why priests only get disc as their option but I guess it is because that's a dps and healing spec.

The phrase "It's better than nothing" comes to mind.

Really what Blizzard should do is to turn leveling into a tutorial for players to learn whatever new abilities and dynamics they introduced with the expansion. Leave the class challenge there at level cap to make sure that people were paying attention along the way.

7+ Year Old Account
    What class even uses 25 spells though?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    They only teach you one spec, which is bullshit. But the worst thing by far, which makes it completely fucking useless, is that it only teaches you how to use five abilities or so. Then after it's over it gives you a warning saying "WAIT ARE YOU SURE YOU SHOULD MAYBE CHECK OUT YOUR SPELLBOOK BRO", so then you open your spellbook... And you find twenty other abilities the game didn't explain how to use.

What's the fucking point of a class trial if it doesn't even teach you how to use the class properly? This should be a tutorial that explains every in and out, not five abilities and then say "Here now fuck off and good luck learning everything else on your own".

What a waste of development time. Probably implemented only to sell more boosts.
    Do you want them to teach you how to raid or something? There's far better websites for that already. There's no reason to duplicate the effort that 3rd parties have done when the information is highly accurate.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Yes, they're a complete waste of time(especially because they aren't even available for every class), but I guess it's nice for people who are completely new?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

• Fuck in the headline, check.
    • Also repeatedly used throughout the thread, check.
    • A meaningless subject blown out of proportions, check.
    • "Blizzard is just after our money", check.

Great job! Top notch quality thread like always!

They put in the class trials to give people somewhat of a headstart into a new class, not to teach them everything. That would be absolutely ridiculous. There is more than 30 specs in the game, changed several times a year. You think they can put aside devs to update a scenario over and over again, for every change they make, so some people might learn a tiny bit more? Absolutely ridiculous.

"This should be a tutorial that explains every in and out", whereas giving them a headstart which can be updated once an expansion is "waste of development time". The priorities, lol.

Class trial gives you access to higher level character (pre artifact) and ability to test it out however you wish for 8h /played. Except all the abuse people did with class trials like rogue trials for pick pocket, mass trials to spam xmas dailies for the grumpus mount, farming 1-time treasures, garrison pet battlestones and whatnot (lots of these abuses got hotfixed already after discovery), you also have full freedom to test out a spec on a dummy, in outdoor questing etc., I don't think you're allowed to enter dungeons and raids (again to prevent abuse of bot accounts using trials to farm halls of lightning, grim batol, firelands or whatever is the new botter bonanza), but it's a big improvement over trying a class at lvl 1.

Personally I used them in a limited scope same as ptr, mostly to check things like animations, visuals, different race / class combos, feeling of the rotation - hard to really get a full feeling of a class / spec without artifact these days. But for a person new to the game, let's say that person has some experience with other MMORPGs or single-player RPGs, if they want to find a class / spec that fits their playstyle or archetype, it's way better than trying from a lvl 1, reading guides and just pure guesswork.

I don't think you can develop an interactive "teach me fully how to play a spec" guide without sacrificing too much time on it, it's just a basic tutorial.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's to show you a basic rotation to see how you like it.

Throwing 25 buttons at someone that already have zero idea what to do and having 20 buttons that aren't really super important to the rotation is just overkill.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've received plenty of past warnings about creating rant threads about minor issues. Until you learn to do otherwise they will all be closed.

As this one is.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."