Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    To take this joke of a thread seriously for a second: whether or not someone's political or social views would influence my desire to date them would depend on exactly what they are.

Even the term "conservative" tells you nothing, I mean look how it's being abused and debased even as we speak. Actual conservatives are a tiny minority of the tribalistic faction that superficially identifies itself as "conservative" at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Theo us a weid conservative/contrarian. You should know this
    Contrarian seems an odd claim, but if I refute or contest that then I guess that is contrarian. However I think that merely means I'm not easily pidgeonholed via not being a party line type person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    To take this joke of a thread seriously for a second: whether or not someone's political or social views would influence my desire to date them would depend on exactly what they are.

Even the term "conservative" tells you nothing, I mean look how it's being abused and debased even as we speak. Actual conservatives are a tiny minority of the tribalistic faction that superficially identifies itself as "conservative" at this point.
    This is a pretty succinct version of what I was going to say. I've dated people with a pretty diverse array of political views, including an Evangelical with whatever counts as "moderate" political leanings for a Korean (this doesn't translate well to American/European politics), politically disinterested women, and generic educated left-liberal (by American standards) people. These views are all well within the range of things that don't really impact day-to-day life that much (although marrying an Evangelical would have been a bad idea for me - this comes with a whole set of issues that are partly political, but more bound up in what relationships and children should be like).

A catch all "I don't date conservatives" position is something someone is entitled to, but I think they're probably missing out on some pretty good people and missing out on understanding viewpoint diversity a bit better. I guess I get it with specific hot button issues like abortion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That makes them right for not dating a conservative.
    Exactly. Anyone so partisan that they won't date the other side, is doing everyone a favor by not doing so up front. Those relationships were going nowhere anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

That's some tortured logic you've got there ahaha.

Presumably if they're the kind of people who wouldn't date a conservative, the first date would end badly once they realise what the other person is really like and they'd have no desire for a second date.
    So it's tortured logic that you completely agree with. Got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Exactly. Anyone so partisan that they won't date the other side, is doing everyone a favor by not doing so up front. Those relationships were going nowhere anyway.
    Well, no... in your example, it's not them being conservative that justified not dating them, it's the no chance of a second date. If that's the case, who cares about politics, it's pretty clear that's the right call regardless.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Well, no... in your example, it's not them being conservative that justified not dating them, it's the no chance of a second date. If that's the case, who cares about politics, it's pretty clear that's the right call regardless.
    No. You completely missed a very obvious point. WOW.

The point is that anyone that is so partisan, that they won't date the other side, was going to annoy the fucking shit out of the other person anyway. They did both of them a favor by not taking a first date.

10+ Year Old Account
    He actually doesn't agree. The reason it might be confusing, is because your assertion means that their choice to not date conservatives is correct, not because of politics... but, because according to you, there is no chance for a second date anyway. It makes dating a conservative pretty pointless, without ever mentioning politics.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Not really any different from how i refuse to date clinton shills, or feminists/progressives i guess.
    They're pretty much all human trash anyways.

http://archive.is/7xs9y

10+ Year Old Account
    No. You completely missed a very obvious point. WOW.

The point is that anyone that is so partisan, that they won't date the other side, was going to annoy the fucking shit out of the other person anyway. They did both of them a favor by not taking a first date.
    Everyone who replied to that point, had the same view of it. In fact, the only thing you change with thus reply, is just make the original nothing, but spite. Did you really think 'I wasn't going to date them anyway, even if it got them laid', was the clearest way to say women are right to do it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Not really any different from how i refuse to date clinton shills, or feminists/progressives i guess.
    They're pretty much all human trash anyways.

http://archive.is/7xs9y
    Thank got you don't live in US... Clinton shills are much easier to avoid in Norway...

You realise that's the reverse of what you said, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    The fuck are you even talking about. You're from Norway, how would you meet a "Clinton shill" there? Holy fuck, pull your head out of social media and the internet or something. American politics shouldn't be that much of a concern to you over there.
    Sorry i don't talk to Clinton shills.

10+ Year Old Account
    You realise that's the reverse of what you said, yeah?
    It's not, it's just hard to tell because of how he said it. He agreed that these women are right, but did it while being extremely defensive. His way of saying they were right, was to say the men wouldn't have given them the time anyway. It's strange, but add 'their right for not dating them, because...' to his post. It doesn't make it any better, but at least it conveys more of what he means.

It's not, it's just hard to tell because of how he said it. He agreed that these women are right, but did it while being extremely defensive. His way of saying they were right, was to say the men wouldn't have given them the time anyway. It's strange, but add 'their right for not dating them, because...' to his post. It doesn't make it any better, but at least it conveys more of what he means.
    I am very confused, we're assuming that the liberals are women and the conservatives are men?

10+ Year Old Account
    No thank you. My brother in law is engaged to a ultra conservative chick, when it suits her at least. Bitch does nothing but post shit diatribes and memes on Facebook. She dropped out of college and works as a receptionist at a salon part time 3-4 days a week and lives off her fiancé.

Furthermore, my wife's other two brothers are uber Trump supporters. Both are dumber than a box of rocks. All they talk about is Breitbart and zerohedge and shit like that. These people are the worst.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2017-09-26 at 12:09 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Why would you even want to date a libruuhl as a conservative? If either of the parties feels strongly enough about it for it to be obstacle, why would you want to put up with all the following issues? "Bitches today are stuck up cunts" would have been a better article and that is saying much..

I am very confused, we're assuming that the liberals are women and the conservatives are men?
    Women don't have to be liberal in this case, the idea is that women are generally less hateful and that they don't like hateful men.

When you look at the basked of deplorabes protest in charlottesville it was mostly white men, sure their are women but the ratio isn't 50/50.

You sure its the democrat not wanting to date the republicans? were not the party with the body positivity movement. Were willing to tell someone to lose some weight before they catch diabetes at 27 and have their first heart attack at 32..

Not to mention a large portion of military men are conservatives so you got the chisled military men that women go gaga over all being on our side.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    You sure its the democrat not wanting to date the republicans?
    I'm sure there are plenty of folks from both end that don't want to date someone from the other end of the spectrum.

were not the party with the body positivity movement.
    Though oddly enough, the most obese parts of the US are the most conservative (specifically the deep south). Go figure : /

Were willing to tell someone to lose some weight before they catch diabetes at 27 and have their first heart attack at 32.
    Hahaha that's bullshit. Without getting into a discussion of religion proper, please note that the most obese religion in the world (last I checked) is Southern Baptist. This is a laughable fantasy on your part.

Not to mention a large portion of military men are conservatives so you got the chisled military men that women go gaga over all being on our side.
    Yeah, run with that.

Did you like, not notice what site this whine was even posted on?

I would guess it's more noticeable for conservatives that liberals don't want to date them than vice versa just because of the age breakdown. Younger people tend to be more liberal which also encompasses the largest portion of our population that's dating. The older voters who trend republican are less likely to be dating and looking for partners as much as millenials are.